LLG NW LTD Employee Reviews

Featured review
LLG NW LTD selected this as a representative review
great company and management to work for.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester12 June 2017
Working for this organisation was the best thing I have done in a while for myself. The management are kind and understand you. However very helpful in dealing with discussion and always there to help.
The director of this amazing company is a man to look up to. You can personally email him and he will get back to you straight away and always the first to help out and sort things out.
A very good job that payes well and looks after there employees.
Pros
All inslisive holidays
Hectic but managable
Lifestyle Courier (Former Employee) –  Liverpool27 November 2019
Its what you would expect from doing deliveries, i did the lifestyle role and it worked for me but it can be gruelling to make yuor money, ie 6-7 days a week or double runs each day.
Waste of time
Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Kirby8 October 2019
Applied for the job, got called to attend ‘registration’, went down with all my documents and driving licence, sat there for and hour and a half while some bloke waffled I about how good the company is and how quickly we would start... never heard anything back...
Pros
Momentary optimism
Cons
Most definitely
Official response from LLG NW LTD
10 October 2019

Good Afternoon,

I'm sorry to hear you've had a bad experience with your application.Please be assured this is not how we handle the recruitment of potential couriers/drivers.

If you could give me a call on 0151 352 6600, i would greatly appreciate the opportunity to show you how we usually conduct ourselves and how seamless the on-boarding process should be.

Again, apologies for your experience.

Excellent company to work for
Multi Drop Driver (Current Employee) –  Liverpool4 October 2019
Im currently working out of knowsley and can honestly say lewtas is a great company to work for, pay is great with an extra £20 a day bonus if you hit your targets, management are always on hand if you need anything and easy to talk too, lewtas work out of multiple depos so you can always look at picking up extra working you wanted too, would definitely recommend
Great to work for
Courier Driver (Current Employee) –  Liverpool13 September 2019
Easy-going staff yet fast paced and plenty of opportunities within the company. Easy to get a grip of the job and feel as though it’s easy money and works around you.
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester10 September 2019
Brilliant place to work. Never had a better company to work for
Driver (Current Employee) –  Trafford, Greater Manchester14 June 2019
I have been working for this company for 1 year. I can only say good things about the company and the managers. I have worked for both DWN and Hermes and both sets of managers are literately the best ive ever worked for. I cant recommend this company enough, when i first started it was much smaller than it is today and continues to grow. I came in for a meet and greet and the admin department went above and beyond for me as i was having issues with my CRB, the way i was treated when i first started has made me work harder for the company and to battle through the hard days. The pay is good but could be better in my opinion but that would be my only small issue.

LLG 5 star company and is only going to get bigger and better.
Pros
Growing company
Cons
Pay
Best company
Delivery Driver Multi Drop (Current Employee) –  Manchester6 June 2019
When I first started the job i was unsure of what to expect the management team are very friendly their help you with anything. The day is straight forward, their is always extra work when required. You can take the van home with you. The day is timed but you manage that. If you have a problem of any sort when you phone the team they help you with any problem. Overall best company I have worked for and best set of team you could ask for.
Pros
Taking van home
Multi Drop Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Knowsley, Merseyside6 June 2019
Enjoyable and Rewarding Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Kirkby, Merseyside5 June 2019
I have been with Lewtas for coming up to three years now and I can't fault what they have done for me. I came into my role with next to no experience and my confidence was at an all-time low.

Like any job, if you put the work in you will see great rewards. Lewtas have now stuck by me and helped me grow as a person into becoming the person I am today.
Pros
Exciting and Growing Company
Multi Drop Driver (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside27 May 2019
Not a long term job.
Courier Driver (Former Employee) –  Trafford Park, Greater Manchester28 April 2019
I worked for Lewtas for roughly 7 months I started over Christmas and have recently left the company. You get to the Depot for a select time and load the vans and off you go. Most days you'll get 150+ drops which would take most drivers 7-8 hours once you've got to your delivery area. Bare in mind your delivery area could be over 45 minutes from the depot. The point of contacts are your make shift bosses. They'll get on your back if you're behind but won't help you out if you need a hand. Basically just yes men for the company. There are better companies to work for that pay better, you don't really have any chance in advancing in the company as they're only a small run firm. Good job for a short stint but most drivers only stay for a short amount of time.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Self employed, poor management
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kirkby, Merseyside14 April 2019
Driver (Former Employee) –  Kirby, Merseyside6 January 2019
Multiple drop driver (Former Employee) –  Knowsley7 November 2018
Fun work environment
Administrator/Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside18 October 2018
I worked for LLG last year and things did not really work out due to my punctuality and attendance, I had to be let go for obvious and very understandable reasons, I had my own reasons and emotions during this but that is not an excuse as I was given many chances and I am willing to say I was even annoyed at myself for ruining it due to reliability.

I was not working for LLG for several months and I randomly got a call asking if I was feeling any better and just had a general chat with my manager and was asked to come in and see if we could give it another go.

initially I felt a lot of pressure to prove doubters within the company as I still shown glimpses of my ways in my current employment of my previous encounter here, I refer to it as "round one".

I feel now with the support I have been given within has helped me drive myself to become a better employee day by day, I honestly love this place, I really do. sometimes I cycle to work, 11 miles there and 11 miles back. I think that does show how much I do actually enjoy being here. out of all the Jobs I have had this is one place I wake up and actually want to come to. also I have had issues during my employment here that where outside of work that I have been able to seek help with within the company, which gave me a mental kick to strive to be the best I can be as I felt my employer actually cares for my situation and is willing to support me through a tough period

Within the building it is really like a big family, I honestly feel its like my second home. I will do anything within my work jurisdiction to assist
  more... anyone in anyway that I can here. when roaming round the offices doing my general tasks everyone has great banter with me and that is great to be around. as much as its a laugh a lot we take things very seriously in regards to work which I seriously appreciate as I am not just here for a laugh but I am also here to support in enhancing the skillset I have and also learning more about Logistics.

Compared to other places I have worked the rate is basic but I have worked in other places where it was very good money but caused me immense stress. with looking at others within the company I see there is opportunity to get a much better rate and perks to the role with hard work and loyalty, I feel like Loyalty means a lot here. this is something that drives me as in positions elsewhere I have never seen progression but there are a couple people who originally started in my position in positions higher than myself.

I don't particularly find any part of the job hard but the only con in my opinion is that we aren't particularly set in our ways of doing things completely and there are constant new changes to adjust to and there can be a breakdown in communication sometimes in that regard but I see it in a manner that we are a company growing everyday.

Ultimately I love being here and enjoy everything about this place and I see a career path in my life here if I keep up my consistency as a good employee to have.
Pros
Amazing work environment
Cons
Constant Adaptation
Work hard and you will see great benefits.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Knowsley, Merseyside17 October 2018
I worked for llg 2 years ago but left due to family reasons in 2017. After being out of a job for months i was offered another chance at the company. I do not shy away from hard work and was happy to accept the opportunity.

After being back for 5 months now i can honestly say i am really enjoying it. Yes some days are hard, but what job isnt?

I am excited to be back now especially as there is a lot of money to be made in the run up to xmas.
Pros
Money to be earned
Cons
Hard work.
Nice environment and good people
General Worker (Current Employee) –  Kirkby, Merseyside17 October 2018
I have come from healthcare so Logistics was a new challenge for me, it took a bit of time to adapt but we have a brilliant team, some days can be quite hard work, but overall it’s a good balance. Sometimes we could be a little more organised and communication could be a bit better, but that’s mainly down to logistics environment changing to meet the demands of the customers, sometimes it’s not possible to move as quickly, but we always get through and have a laugh about it!
Pros
Great people and environment
Cons
Sometimes communication could be better
Overall great company.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 October 2018
Worked at LLG for a couple years now. I work in the amazon depot in knowsley/liverpool. I moved to lewtas from another company in amazon. It was the best move i made. I have friends at other companys in amazon who have been waiting months to get a bonus. They all hate me because i get bonus every day lol. I wouldnt want to work anywhere else.
Pros
Best paying company in amazon.
Good place to be
Multi drop driver (Current Employee) –  Knowsley, Merseyside16 October 2018
Load van in the morning, out on the road all day without any hassle, guys are fair with you when you do a good job. Pay is always early and the days fly by, well better than a desk job.
Pros
Flexible with good pay
unsecured job
Driver Associate (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester15 October 2018
never knew if your working day would be your last. Had new faces almost every day with old friends/people quitting due to stress. Un realistic hours to pay ratio. You have to none stop work for 10 hours to even have a chance of getting home on time or for a reasonabe time. Vans looked like they were picked up of a scrap yard. Plus to top it off they used to charge us £50 if a customer rang up to complain about the parcel regardless whether it was our fault or not. Personally I would avoid this job and try a more secure placement elsewhere
Pros
getting home
Cons
getting home 7 hours late

Ask a question about working or interviewing at LLG NW LTD. Our community is ready to answer.

LLG NW LTD Reviews by Location