Liverpool Employee Reviews

Found 179 reviews matching the search See all 3,050 reviews
Buen ambiente de trabajo
Jefe de Operaciones Logisticas (Former Employee) –  Bodega Liverpool13 July 2019
Trabajar en liverpool me desperto el aspecto humano ya que es una empresa con valores
Pros
Muchas prestaciones
Cons
Ninguna
Well organised busy workplace
Hospitality Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carnatic Halls of Residence .Liverpool23 June 2019
A typical shift at my previous job was usually busy as I worked at student mealtimes. I worked with a team of 12 women of various ages who as well as working as a team to ensure a smooth service generally each had their own duties to perform. My job was to order food from the kitchen as and when required to make sure that things didnt run out during service.It was a responsible role that required some heavy lifting and pulling as large trays of food had to be stored in the ovens and brought to the service stations as required.My role required me to work closely with the shift supervisors and the chefs in the kitchens and one of the best things about the job was the comararderie between the staff and the teamwork which helped us to deliver each service sucessfully.
Pros
free meal on duty. 3 months free in the summer as I worked a 32 week pro rata contract
Cons
slightly awkward working hours
Very nice university
Lecturer in Cello (Former Employee) –  Liverpool19 June 2019
A very friendly place to work with a great boss. We always communicated well with each other. Teaching students was very rewarding. My students all got good and exceptional results.
Fun, Productive
Research Volunteer placement (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 May 2019
Volunteering
Lovely staff
laboratory
work towards final year project
good flexibility
fun
challenging
Perfect student job
Student Caller (Former Employee) –  Liverpool13 May 2019
Worked as a student caller part time. Very flexible hours to fit around students. My supervisors and manager was lovely creating a nice work atmosphere
Used to be a good company then things changed
GI side (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth16 April 2019
When I first started, the company was brilliant however changes in management and redundancies or people being pushed out made the company feel like they neither cared about the staff or the customers. Will be interesting to see if the company is still around in a few years time. Glad I got out when I did
Professional bureaucracy
Faculty Mentor (Current Employee) –  Virtual10 April 2019
Online programmes require strict compliance of rules and in case of UOL online programmes, the academic standards are very high. They put in strong efforts to train and develop staff with regular professional development efforts.
Pros
Telecommuting
Cons
Competition in the online education space
A decent place to work
Head of PGR Development (Former Employee) –  Liverpool1 April 2019
U of Liverpool has its own culture - even though - like all universities - it has its cultural issues which it is well aware of. I was at the cutting edge of its relationship with research and the outside world and I loved that tension, edge and mix. I dealt with senior management, administrators, academics, research students and teaching staff. All very good people and entirely dedicated to their craft, duty and responsibilities. A great campus and a fine city!
Pros
Good people
Cons
Long hours and a difficult culture - at times
Productive and fun workplace
University EAP Teacher (Former Employee) –  Liverpool27 March 2019
Great place for summer work, helpful staff, lovely atmosphere, beautiful city, good planning, nice and clean accommodation but definitely too small (for teachers).
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
expensive accomodation
The best job ever
UK - Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, UK26 March 2019
The day starts off with a very warm welcome by everyone on the floor. Learnt a big deal on how to behave in a multi cultural world. The best work culture i have ever came across.
Experiencia imprescindible en mi formación
Asistente de laboratorio (Former Employee) –  Liverpool25 March 2019
Como parte del programa de prácticas Erasmus+ de la Universidad de Granada, realicé una estancia de 6 meses en el Departamento de Química de la Universidad de Liverpool (Reino Unido). En dicho departamento formé parte de la MicroBioRefinery, encargada de sintetizar y testar catalizadores de carbono para obtener productos a partir de biomasa, colaboré con diferentes alumnos de doctorado en las síntesis de dichos catalizadores y obtuve, además, experiencia en diferentes métodos de caracterización.

Mi experiencia en la Universidad de Liverpool supuso un antes y un despúes en mi crecimiento tanto profesional y personal.

Me llevé grandes conocimientos y experiencias y estuve rodeado de un equipo muy profesional que en todo momento me transmitió su pasión y entusiasmo por la investigación en un agradable ambiente de trabajo.
Es buena empresa a nivel corporativo, pero pésima en su administración ya que no cumplen con las políticas, hay favoritismo y manejo de influencias.
cajero vendedor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool galerías20 March 2019
Empresa con buenas prestaciones, pero no hay buena administración por parte de jefes y directivos, tienen poco criterio de análisis
Pros
Buenas prestaciones
Cons
No valoran el trabajo del colaborador, hay mucho conflicto de intereses
Lovely job and staff
First notification of loss (Former Employee) –  Basildon, Essex7 March 2019
Enjoyed the role and the environment was happy and fun.
There were yearly staff meetings, bonuses, montly appraisals , gifts for staf, chocolate for staff.
Not fun or productive
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon23 February 2019
The company's reputation from an external point of view looks great. Once you are in and working as a customer service representative ;you are lumped with unattainable targets and constant policing from micro management. Pay is not great at all.
Representation of ethnic minorities isn't great. Lots of hostility from managers and fellow colleagues and you can feel its down to race factors.
I felt miserable every single day!
Pros
Cons
No progression
Helpfu and productive
Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Liverpool8 February 2019
It is a good opportunity to work in diverse team. It gives value to every employee and fun working place. I was productive in terms of technically and non-technically.
Repetitive and a tedious job
Temporary Clerical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool8 February 2019
I was employed with this university dating back in the year 2008 and 2009. There was a lack of work to do and I felt bored most of the time. I didn't learn much from the role and spend some of my time twiddling my pen with boredom. The job was suitable for someone who doesn't like to work much or don't like intellectual stimulation. I preferred my time productive and on the go all the time. It is not easy to get a job with the university as it is mostly recommended through friends and family members.
Pros
A 9 to 5 job Monday to Friday
Cons
A lot of cons
graet
University of Liverpool (Former Employee) –  Liverpool30 January 2019
great university to attend, the staff are all very helpful and the city of Liverpool is a vibrant and welcoming city. The thing to say is get your books early
Horrible place to work.
Motor Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk23 January 2019
I’ve been working at LV for 5 years now at the ipswich office. The first couple of years were great. As much as it was stressful you could have fun as well and it was a great place to work.

Oh how things changed.

Since the company moved into the systems thinking way of working (which is pointless and doesn’t work) management went from wanting to help you to wanting to get you in trouble which they actually seem to enjoy doing.

Management enjoy complying 6 weeks worth of evidence where you have done wrong and will present it, without any warning, to you in a disiplinary hearing which has resulted in many dismissals recently. They have been given so much more freedom to spy on what you’re doing and spend most of their day doing this to report to the new claims manager. The previous claim manager was told to resign due to a racist slur (this just shows where this office, and company, is at the moment )

What management and team leaders don’t understand that they are there to coach and help staff. A lot of the time a quick chat and an agreement to monitor your performance will resolve the issue. I get that if it doesn’t improve then it should be taken to a disciplinary. But spying and doing it the way they do now creates a horrendous atmosphere where people are on edge all of the time worrying if their next.

I really would advise people to think twice about applying at this company, especially the Ipswich office.

I really can’t wait to leave.
Pros
Cons
Everything above
Conveinient place of work
Cashier/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside20 January 2019
Shifts varied allowing a change of scenery most shifts within a certain few types. The pay was good and it was 0 tolernace to any sort of poor behaviour. Jobs could range from working behind a bar to waiting on or set up.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Bad management
alright to work at
Technical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside19 January 2019
because i worked there at such a young age i don't think i can judge too much, but overall it was okay, staff was nice and a relaxed environment to work at.