Liverpool Victoria Insurance Employee Reviews

customer service advisor (Former Employee) –  Huddersfield8 January 2020
Initially I liked the fact that the management were all younger than I expected, I felt as though I could get on with them more being similar age. Training is great, however, as soon as you finish training you're left to it. Taking calls in a loud, open office floor with managers, that are getting high from their own authority, eyeballing your every move. Don't even think about talking to someone or you'll see your P45 faster than someone cancels their renewal.
Productive place to work
Commercial Claims Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London2 January 2020
The job entails long hours sitting at a desk but it is a comfortable working environment. All training is provided so you can start with no experience in Insurance. There is room for promotion but you have to complete interviews and maybe compared against those who do not work within the company.
Avoid the Ipswich office!!!
Claims Handler (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk6 November 2019
Would give it 0 stars if I could, honestly cannot wait to leave. It’s like a playground, You get moaned at for even speaking. Current claims manager enjoys making people feel on edge, people always being pulled into meetings for pointless reasons. DONT expect to get promoted as the manager already knows who will be getting the job, no morale in that place anymore. So many people applying elsewhere, incredibly under staffed yet won’t hire any more people, they will just put extra pressure on you and expect you to just deal with it. Some people have been made to take on another departments work without training or reflection in the pay, honestly not a very nice place to work whatsoever!!
Gone down hill.
Personal Injury Claims Handler (Former Employee) –  Leeds28 October 2019
Management changed and so did the company. Everyone wants to leave and there is a reason behind that which is the management. The people there are nice but everyone has left or is leaving.
Pros
Holidays.
Cons
Management, lies, bullying.
Great place to work.
Claims Confirmation Consultant - Temp Work (Former Employee) –  Poole2 October 2019
Great place to work. I did only work here briefly but it was a great experience and I would recommend this employer and business in general. Thank you.
Demoralising
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Exeter, Devon6 April 2019
I wouldnt recommend anyone to work here , There seems to be alot of racial jokes from staff members in the cafeterior.
They expect you to know so much in such a little time , unhealthy work place to work at .The management are ignorant, I was a temp my training was rushed then I was told to talk to professional financial advisors and I didn't have a clue in what to say.

Having spoke to other staff members in the cafeterior I realised people leave all the time its nothing new to them and Staff are trully stressed out and looking for other jobs the current staff told me how over years the company had gotten worse and lost so many staff and how it never use to be this bad so many years ago and staff are not being listened to so they are leaving instead because of how bad the staff are treated

LV don't care about there staff here and they dont care about staff leaving because it's LV they can get many recruits they abuse there position . I left after 3 weeks of being there.
Cons
Timed toilet breaks, constantly watched, lunch time
Telephony
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset25 March 2019
Uninteresting, using outdated systems, management helpful, outdated 30 yr old programme on computer, no progression, training was fun and very helpful trainers
good place to work
Commercial Underwriter (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London21 November 2018
I currently work for LV as a Commercial Trading Underwriter. I wish to find a specialist role within the insurance industry to build a career for the foreseeable future. During my time as an underwriter I have learned LV underwriting & pricing strategy on a number of products such as Commercial combined, pub, restaurant, hotels and property owner’s risks with a Level 2 license up to £50ml Total Sum Insured. Further to this I have learnt various ways to build relationships with brokers in order to help grow SME accounts, using knowledge from my time as a broker also to build relationships. Further to this my current role involved doing the MI, Accounts and reporting from the income we made and also the targets, seeing what can be enhanced and areas that can be improved across the country & business. I am proficient in Acturis, Powerplace & Open Gi platforms for open market & electronic business as that is the networks we have used here for several years. I am able to key from start to finish and also do behind the scenes work on e-trade such as add endorsements, work out net rates, claims loss ratios, amend and renew etc.
Good Place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex30 October 2018
Good place to work alot of activities in office so great workplace culture. Would definitley recommend Liverpool Victoria to work at. Learnt alot whilst working here.
stable job, but nothing worth writing home about unless you like being emasculated
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset13 August 2018
Every company is different and has different work ethics to prioritise however LV is not a company that seems to prioritise anything beyond being cheap in ALL aspects.
It is a standard job, you turn up, you do 'your bit' then you go home and you get paid every month, you can book holiday and that's about it.
If you're considering a job to get you by, this may just be the ticket for you
However if you want a job to build a career on here are a few caveats of an LV office---
A typical day will be non-stop, it will be loud, there will be constant calls and little let-up, headaches and migraines are not uncommon.
There's no parking on site so expect to walk and leave your car at risk elsewhere
I have learned almost nothing new since being with the company beyond what you might find in the news, there are some learning bits you are required to do but it is job specific there are little transferable skills taught
Staff retention is poor and management do little to retain staff aside from buy you sweeties like you're still at school. To say you're treated like a child in the office is an understatement regardless of age and during busy periods you are expected to justify in detail why you left your desk, even if you needed a drink while some managers will be sat there looking at news reels online or checking their texts.
A lot of the office atmosphere is one of being at school too, if you're not with the 'in crowd' it can be very isolating and limit your potential for advancement. I stress this is not true for all and sundry at LV but some management will play favourites
  more... with staff or occasionally humiliate you.
The pay is what you would expect for a generic desk job but the additional stress of the job really makes you question if it is worth it, they will repeatedly try and dupe you in to 'not so anonymous' feedback about how the office/your job makes you feel so it's very hard to be frank without being penalised if you say something detrimental about the company
the job itself isn't a dream but it is very mangeable, the hardest part is putting in the effort and getting treated like a child while doing your job.
for me the best part of the day is when I am going home and I can leave it all behind behind
Pros
convenient location for commuting
Cons
no parking, on site canteen is expensive, see review
Catty and Self-serving Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Exeter28 May 2018
I worked at the Exeter branch.

Team Leaders/Managers often have no training in the tasks their team fulfil. Management can be hired from outside the company or from a completely separate department and are simply put there to 'manage' don't expect them to able to assist or even instruct on any of the duties you undertake. Furthermore managers have the right to assign and draw up rotas (they use this to take the over-time shift they want and leave the scraps for the rest)

Also a high blame culture, if you make a mistake then be sure they'll pull you up on it and rather than helping you they'll spend long hours going over your work track record and then use their 'time-used' as a reason why team goals weren't met for that day/week.

Most staff seem to view it as a stop-gap however as the hours are strict and holiday-allowances are unusable as they only allow a certain number of staff to be absent per day (meaning some staff are simply unable to take their allowed holiday in a year). It can be difficult to find other jobs and I knew many who were stuck there for years.
Pros
Good Over-time Pay
Cons
Short lunches, unfriendly atmosphere, management very self-serving, blame culture.
good friendly staff, a lot of pressure
Customer Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London23 May 2018
jobs involves a lot of pressure.

although i feel my job is safe you are constantly pressurized to hit targets with some you have no control off.

staff are all friendly.
Pros
friendly
Cons
working weekends
Use of complex SQL
Test Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bournemouth, Dorset17 May 2018
Data Analysis on a migration project from a souce to target system, and the creation on complex SQL scripts to move the data from the source to target system.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Long way from Home
Fun place to work
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London15 February 2018
Taking calls from members of the public for Liverpool Victoria Insurance. Changing insurance policies and updating customer details. Cross and up selling of insurance products.

I loved taking calls and selling different products.
Pros
Great staff
lv job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol20 December 2017
good benefits, hard working, a lot of things that need to be met in place in order to reach targets, not really any levels of progression available...
good people
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon2 November 2017
Not well managed but good staff not great progression low salary high expectations of staff. Interesting and varied must be prepared to learn a lot. Used to be better
nice place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London18 September 2017
liked working there, the people and management were great and friendly.

training was brilliant and was helped the whole way through. flexible with holidays and hours.
Pros
nice people
Vibrant young work colleagues
Customer Claims Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brentwood, Essex14 September 2017
I deal with the customers vehicle repairs or total loss and will manage their claim until completion. I have to identify and recognise severity and type of injury and escalate to the appropriate team/department. Also identify, resolve and escalate complaints when necessary.
Pros
Local job and annual bonus
Cons
Required to work 1 in 8 Saturday's
Average.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol10 August 2017
The pay was average compared to similar job roles at other insurance companies. The working hours were ok,, and holiday entitlement was average compared to other companies within the same industry. Morale within the office had become increasingly worse leading up to the time when I left the company.
Amazing experience, super friendly staff and excellent facilities
Customer Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Croydon25 June 2017
I had such a great tim, everyone that I worked with were extremely friendly and helpful. They were understanding of my inexperience in the workplace and made it fun and easy for me to fit in. I got lots of great experience working with LV in terms of the general work environment. I also gained a few key skills, such as dealing with customers on the phone and how to approach SEO's.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Expensive travel costs