Liverpool John Moores University

Liverpool John Moores University Management reviews

Pretty secure but little chance to advance.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 January 2020
John Moores university is an odd place to work. It’s easy going , but it takes a bit to get used to working there. Management are regularly making a mess of things by trying to “Fix things”. Hardest part is getting used to long shifts and being looked down on, but you get used to that.
Poor employment practices
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 May 2019
Working culture is stuck in the 70s some place with old managers acting as there are no employee rights. They can't even stick to their own polices. Lots of lovely people who have worked their from the time it was a good employer but things have changed and not for the best. Those who stay, stay either to retire or not by choice.
Expect long hours, no working from home at all.
Senior management foster a culture of living in fear of loosing your job continuously.
Maternity leave is 4 week! sickpay is also on similar lines.
Pros
location
Cons
no flexibility
Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool20 February 2019
Fun and enjoyable place to work, great people and good work life balance balance. Constant scope for professional development, but senior management along with departmental tribalism was often a problem in relation to day to day workings.
Good work/life balance, few opportunities for progression
Faculty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, UK1 December 2018
Hours were good with flexible working available and management were generally straight forward. There was little opportunity for progression and the job security was lacking due to many posts being offered as fixed term contracts.
Great History
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside5 July 2018
This has always been a great place to work but recently the culture has changed and it's been harder to feel the same pride that I used to at working here.
Pros
Some flexibility
Cons
Constant changes and poor communication from senior managment.
Very productive work place.
Student Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  79 Tithebarn Street,Liverpool, L3 5UZ22 March 2018
office opened from 8:45 and closed 6:45, query's from student fees enrolments sponsor letters forms to fill in telephones face to face always something new to deal with. I was on mainly internal courses to do with customer service and new systems and regulations, management were too busy back stabbing the staff instead of joining in. The staff were great to work with always pulled together when needed and very professional always went the extra mile, sometimes out of the 15 staff we had Mondays and Fridays we could have just 3 to 4 staff in and would be extremely busy and very stressful. love dealing with students face to face and especially working with our staff in are department.
Pros
30 days leave and flexible working
Cons
Terrible management that never appreciated there staff.
Productive and posotive
Academic Planning and Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside23 January 2017
Focus on quality

Development opportunities available

Sustainable Management

Positive and productive

Salary scales

Student focus
Very Proactive and Fun
Creator. Project manager. Coach. (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, England.27 May 2016
The Inter-netball club began as part of a work experience assignment for my degree.

Once the work experience was finished (6 weeks), I had created and set up my project to the female population of Liverpool (students) which was never expected as it was only supposed to be an assignment.

The project has been and continues to grow with membership retention and new members constantly increasing to date. It has become such a success that England Netball have now expanded the project to other areas of the UK!

As this was part of a university assignment to begin with, and I was a full-time student, there was no salary given.

I decided to continue the project in my spare time in the evenings after university to plan and coach sessions through the support and funding of England Netball.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
N/a