Liverpool John Moores University Employee Reviews for Research Assistant

Good enjoyable experience
Research Assistant in Computer Science Department (Former Employee) –  Liverpool13 September 2018
i would work from my office with other PhD students while researching into new topics within Fog computing.

I learned a lot about research design as well as publishing papers
Very friendly and productive environment.
Research Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Aldham Robarts Library24 May 2018
As a student intern throughout the Summer of 2017, I met new people, gained experience, and advanced my CV for the future.

I had a colleague that worked alongside me for the duration of the project and we worked together very well, as well as with the managers of the internship.
Pros
They allow flexitime, and will take any idea you have into consideration as they are open to and love new ideas.
Cons
The job I had was on a contract-only internship basis and it had to end.
Productive and challenging workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 September 2017
Fun and challenging workplace where I learned a lot in the field of bio-mechanics, including how to use high tech software. The best part of the job was working to a deadline, where there was high pressure to get the job done.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Nice University
Research Assistant of EPSRC project (EP/M029484/1) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool3 May 2016
This is a very nice university, working here was a very nice time for me. Project is interesting and our group work together and solve lots of problem.
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  ENG6 June 2015
Studied here and then worked here. I developed my laboratory skills quickly in the environment, by being surrounded by highly intelligent individuals. The contacts provided by working here helped me develop further and further my career.
Productive and fun workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool14 February 2014
Research assistant. Data collection, participant recruitment and data analysis. Very enjoyable environment to work.