LIVERPOOL JOHN MOORES UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Supporting Team
Executive Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool12 December 2018
RIS is a good and supportive team to work in, however my role is not stimulating or challenging enough compared to my previous roles therefore I am now looking for another job.
Pros
Felixible working
Good work/life balance, few opportunities for progression
Faculty Administrator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, UK1 December 2018
Hours were good with flexible working available and management were generally straight forward. There was little opportunity for progression and the job security was lacking due to many posts being offered as fixed term contracts.
Good enjoyable experience
Research Assistant in Computer Science Department (Former Employee) –  Liverpool13 September 2018
i would work from my office with other PhD students while researching into new topics within Fog computing.

I learned a lot about research design as well as publishing papers
Productive and Helpful.
English and Creative Writing Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool25 July 2018
Even though, I was only consulting within lessons the members of staff are forthcoming and helpful, which helps create and amicable and approachable environment. The students, subsequently, become far easier to talk to as they are willing to share and divulge in their own practices of writing.
Pros
Great Staff and Students.
Cons
N/a
Productive, collaborative and educational place to work
Graduate Teaching Assistant (Former Employee) –  Merseyside12 July 2018
Excellent collaborative and engaging working environment that gave me the tools to go on and achieve great things in the field of academia. The staff at LJMU gave me the freedom and independence to develop myself as not only a researcher and teacher but as a person, whom I developed my confidence.
Great History
Various Positions (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside5 July 2018
This has always been a great place to work but recently the culture has changed and it's been harder to feel the same pride that I used to at working here.
Pros
Some flexibility
Cons
Constant changes and poor communication from senior managment.
Relaxed environment
Researcher (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 June 2018
At Liverpool John Moores University, everyone is treated equally whether you are a student staff, permanent or student, everyone is given opportunity to explore their minds thus creating a conducive atmosphere to learn, listen and progress in career.
Very friendly and productive environment.
Research Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Aldham Robarts Library24 May 2018
As a student intern throughout the Summer of 2017, I met new people, gained experience, and advanced my CV for the future.

I had a colleague that worked alongside me for the duration of the project and we worked together very well, as well as with the managers of the internship.
Pros
They allow flexitime, and will take any idea you have into consideration as they are open to and love new ideas.
Cons
The job I had was on a contract-only internship basis and it had to end.
Good working team
Demonstrator in Geography (Current Employee) –  Liverpool27 March 2018
The job fitted in with my PhD studies. Colleagues are friendly to work with and are very accommodating. You get a broad range of experience that is associated with varying degrees of responsibility and interaction with students.
Student Administartion Assistant
Student Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool23 March 2018
I am currently working as a Student Administration assistant at Liverpool John Moores University. My main duties are assisting students with loans, and fee enquiries as well as processing coursework and dealing with students’ admin needs such as letters, filing, photocopying and database updates. Enquires are answered face to face at the counter and on the telephone.I also answer email enquiries. I am competent in using Oracle based applications and I now have good general IT skills and use various Microsoft Office applications including Word, Access, Outlook and Excel for updating databases and booking meetings and rooms for students and tutors. I regularly use the internet as part of my job. I have a good working rapport with the students and am fully aware of the pressures they are under with particular reference to financial issues. Now that the merging of administration departments has taken place I am capable of enrolling, transferring, withdrawing and suspending students successfully. I ensure the correct correspondence is sent to the LEA and SLC in order for this process to be completed correctly and efficiently. With such a variety of duties it is imperative that we are well organised and methodical and pay great attention to detail, for example, when checking students’ records for the UK Border Office.
I am and committed to promoting equal opportunities and excellent customer care in the work place. I am always keen to undertake further training both to develop myself and to enable me to improve the support I give to students I am an enthusiastic and reliable member
  more... of staff and would relish the opportunity to discuss this further at interview.  less

Want to know more about LIVERPOOL JOHN MOORES UNIVERSITY?

Ask a question
Great place to do a PhD
PhD Researcher (Current Employee) –  Liverpool6 February 2018
A great environment for research. Good infrastructure for students and researchers to receive any needed support. Opportunities for developing transferable skills
Fun workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 January 2018
As I was doing work experience all of the students were friendly and so were the staff as you could have a good time and still get your work done. It was also a calm environment because people wouldn't be pressuring you into doing any work they would come and help.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Hard work
fun and productive
Life (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 December 2017
Fun and exciting place to work with friendly people. Great environment to work in with...... Hardest part of the job was having to clean changing rooms and toilets.
Productive and challenging workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 September 2017
Fun and challenging workplace where I learned a lot in the field of bio-mechanics, including how to use high tech software. The best part of the job was working to a deadline, where there was high pressure to get the job done.
Pros
Free Lunch
Great friendly environment
Student Education Developer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside19 June 2017
My first professional role gave me the opportunity to be busy working over the summer. Gave me an insight to an office job. Learned how to use the complete Microsoft Office suite and to help, teach and entertain children through science days.
Good organisation
Study Abroad Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 June 2017
Excellent organisation to work for. Stimulating and varied due to its role as Higher Education provider. Great staff. Some managers, as usual, are more supportive than others.
bricklayer
aprentice bricklayer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 June 2017
we would get to site about half 7 and start work at 8 and work throw till ten and start at half past and we would work again then break and then work right up to the end off the day
Good
Student Advocate (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 April 2017
Good variety of shifts. Good training given. Typically would assist in giving student life talks or giving tours of the university to encourage prospective students.
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, UK12 April 2017
Long time ago when I worked there, LJMU was a happy and healthy workplace that make their employees strive to be the best and succeed beyond their own self belief.
Amazing experience
Stage Crew (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 March 2017
I really enjoyed working there. Great colleagues, great ambience and really helpful. I learned a lot, and start loving the job I did.
I used to use printing machine, answer emails, prepare documents with world, excel or others.