Liverpool John Moores University

Modern office

Independent working environment

Sometimes long days

Management professional and honest

Complex and interesting client workload
Pros
Handy being in City Centre
Cons
Some offices are too hot in the summer and too cold in the winter
Come tutta la ricerca in Inghilterra, l'ambiente è davvero stimolante, interessante e davvero proficuo per ampliare conoscenze e competenze su determinati temi.
I would have loved to stay there but it was just a temp role.
They treated you with respect and it was a great opportunity to see what work life was like
It is a fast-paced environment in which to work. Academic work is balanced with an encouragement to undertake research. Students are, for the most part, engaged and good to be with. Facilities are new and excellent.
Pros
Modern environment.
Cons
Work can get bunched at various points in the year increasing stress levels.
My most recent role was that of Interim Director of Campus Services at Liverpool John Moore University, my remit was that of change management encompassing all campus services. This involved the implementation of a new structure, terms and condition of employments, working practices, and the recruitment of a senior management team whilst delivering the day to day operations of all campus services and the management of outsourced contractors
I greatly enjoyed my work experience as a nutrition student here. The atmosphere was very relaxed and productive. There was no pressure to have any specific goal met for a specific time-frame and we were given a lot of freedom to experiment with our own ideas.
Wouldn't recommend. Management doesn't consult with people on the ground who know how to do the job. In general atmosphere isn't the best, staff fed up and indifferent now.
An excellent organisation to work in, with staff passionate about the work that they carry out to support students through their academic studies. My typical day requires me to plan my managers workload, manage her inbox and outlook calendar. I have to ensure my manager is fully prepped for all business meetings, key business, data and information regarding operational issues is shared appropriately to ensure business continuity is delivered and deadlines are met.

I work closely with the Executive Managers ensuring business needs are met by all stakeholders, this may range from signposting calls from external clients, to holding meeting with her managers to pull together data for a presentation.

The hardest part of my job can be arranging meetings at short notice with extremely busy Executives who already have full diaries; this is often achieved with the assistance of their PA's, and lots of negotiation.

During my career here, I have had insight into the Academic, Professional and Financial cycle as well as gaining comprehensive knowledge of the functions of LJMU departments and roles of the Directorate.

The most enjoyable part of my day is assisting the Executive or their Managers achieve a target or deadline that had a particularly tight turnaround. I enjoy the sense of achievement that is accomplished by teamwork.
Pros
flexible working
competitive, collaborative, and supportive .
good relationships within the departments, easy to find help.

emails answered efficiently to resolve any issues.
Pros
supportive
Cons
isolating phd
John Moores university is an odd place to work. It’s easy going , but it takes a bit to get used to working there. Management are regularly making a mess of things by trying to “Fix things”. Hardest part is getting used to long shifts and being looked down on, but you get used to that.
Busy time at work. Very busy. Lots of work. Very busy at work. Lots of it. Lots of busy work. Busy busy work. Lots of it. Busy time at work. Lots of work.
I have only just started my work at the legal advice centre at Liverpool John Moores University but so far I am enjoying the flexibility available and also the information that has been given is very informative and helpful
Great workplace culture and brilliant/friendly colleagues. Located right in the city centre, which means the commute is easy and there is a lot of nice restaurants to go to during lunch.
This is a good employer to work for, the benefits out way anything, with good salary, holidays, flexi time and pension.
Can be very adaptable to assist with good work life balance.

Not much room for progression though.
Working for JMU was good, the people who I worked with were the best. Downfall is the pay and what is expected of you to do in your pay grade. No overtime available.
Pros
Good holiday allowance
Cons
Long hours, pay not great
The member of formula student team at Liverpool John Moores University welcomed me with open arms when i was trying to join the team. The teamwork between each other is amazing!
love working here
feel very accomplished

management is amazing

the solicitors that volunteer are always so nice and helpful and explain everything to us
Currently Studying adult nursing at the University. I love the course, it makes me excited for my future carrier and supplies me with the tools and help i need to get there.
Pros
Close to accommodation
Cons
1 Week of work experience at the Universtiy was one of the best weeks of my life, the staff where so welcoming and easy to talk to, the person in charge made the time I spent there so worth while.
Working culture is stuck in the 70s some place with old managers acting as there are no employee rights. They can't even stick to their own polices. Lots of lovely people who have worked their from the time it was a good employer but things have changed and not for the best. Those who stay, stay either to retire or not by choice.
Expect long hours, no working from home at all.

Senior management foster a culture of living in fear of loosing your job continuously.

Maternity leave is 4 week! sickpay is also on similar lines.
Pros
location
Cons
no flexibility
Great place to work. Great environment, amazing staff at the Student advice and wellbeing centre.

Accommodation team are the best and manage the team great