LIVERPOOL JOHN MOORES UNIVERSITY Employee Reviews

Very friendly and productive environment.
Research Assistant (Internship) (Former Employee) –  Aldham Robarts Library24 May 2018
As a student intern throughout the Summer of 2017, I met new people, gained experience, and advanced my CV for the future.

I had a colleague that worked alongside me for the duration of the project and we worked together very well, as well as with the managers of the internship.
Pros
They allow flexitime, and will take any idea you have into consideration as they are open to and love new ideas.
Cons
The job I had was on a contract-only internship basis and it had to end.
Good working team
Demonstrator in Geography (Current Employee) –  Liverpool27 March 2018
The job fitted in with my PhD studies. Colleagues are friendly to work with and are very accommodating. You get a broad range of experience that is associated with varying degrees of responsibility and interaction with students.
Student Administartion Assistant
Student Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool23 March 2018
I am currently working as a Student Administration assistant at Liverpool John Moores University. My main duties are assisting students with loans, and fee enquiries as well as processing coursework and dealing with students’ admin needs such as letters, filing, photocopying and database updates. Enquires are answered face to face at the counter and on the telephone.I also answer email enquiries. I am competent in using Oracle based applications and I now have good general IT skills and use various Microsoft Office applications including Word, Access, Outlook and Excel for updating databases and booking meetings and rooms for students and tutors. I regularly use the internet as part of my job. I have a good working rapport with the students and am fully aware of the pressures they are under with particular reference to financial issues. Now that the merging of administration departments has taken place I am capable of enrolling, transferring, withdrawing and suspending students successfully. I ensure the correct correspondence is sent to the LEA and SLC in order for this process to be completed correctly and efficiently. With such a variety of duties it is imperative that we are well organised and methodical and pay great attention to detail, for example, when checking students’ records for the UK Border Office.
I am and committed to promoting equal opportunities and excellent customer care in the work place. I am always keen to undertake further training both to develop myself and to enable me to improve the support I give to students I am an enthusiastic and reliable member
  more... of staff and would relish the opportunity to discuss this further at interview.  less
Great place to do a PhD
PhD Researcher (Current Employee) –  Liverpool6 February 2018
A great environment for research. Good infrastructure for students and researchers to receive any needed support. Opportunities for developing transferable skills
Fun workplace
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside26 January 2018
As I was doing work experience all of the students were friendly and so were the staff as you could have a good time and still get your work done. It was also a calm environment because people wouldn't be pressuring you into doing any work they would come and help.
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Hard work
fun and productive
Life (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 December 2017
Fun and exciting place to work with friendly people. Great environment to work in with...... Hardest part of the job was having to clean changing rooms and toilets.
Productive and challenging workplace
Research Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside14 September 2017
Fun and challenging workplace where I learned a lot in the field of bio-mechanics, including how to use high tech software. The best part of the job was working to a deadline, where there was high pressure to get the job done.
Pros
Free Lunch
Great friendly environment
Student Education Developer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside19 June 2017
My first professional role gave me the opportunity to be busy working over the summer. Gave me an insight to an office job. Learned how to use the complete Microsoft Office suite and to help, teach and entertain children through science days.
Good organisation
Study Abroad Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside12 June 2017
Excellent organisation to work for. Stimulating and varied due to its role as Higher Education provider. Great staff. Some managers, as usual, are more supportive than others.
bricklayer
aprentice bricklayer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 June 2017
we would get to site about half 7 and start work at 8 and work throw till ten and start at half past and we would work again then break and then work right up to the end off the day
Good
Student Advocate (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside25 April 2017
Good variety of shifts. Good training given. Typically would assist in giving student life talks or giving tours of the university to encourage prospective students.
Finance Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, UK12 April 2017
Long time ago when I worked there, LJMU was a happy and healthy workplace that make their employees strive to be the best and succeed beyond their own self belief.
Amazing experience
Stage Crew (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside8 March 2017
I really enjoyed working there. Great colleagues, great ambience and really helpful. I learned a lot, and start loving the job I did.
I used to use printing machine, answer emails, prepare documents with world, excel or others.
Productive and posotive
Academic Planning and Admissions Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside23 January 2017
Focus on quality

Development opportunities available

Sustainable Management

Positive and productive

Salary scales

Student focus
Work experience
Sports Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 January 2017
I only worked there for 2 weeks as i was still in school and doig work experince but the staff there were so welcoming and very nice to get along with. If there was jobs going i would go back
A Great Experiance
University Tennis Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool24 September 2016
Working as University Tennis Coordinator was a great experience for myself, and enabled me to make many contacts within the tennis industry. A typical day would include advertising the club at various University campuses, questioning current members on how to improve the club, pop up stall's, producing posters to attract members to the club, delivery of tennis sessions and much more.
Work Experience
Work Experience Placement (Former Employee) –  Liverpool22 June 2016
Only had Work Experience for 2 weeks, I was placed in loads of different departments in the time I was there. I had a very good experience of working there
Strength and Conditioning Internship (Former Employee) –  Liverpool2 June 2016
Great place for experiences through the Internship programme, however read up about what and why you want to go through this experience as it may not be for you.
Pros
More time
Cons
n/a
Very Proactive and Fun
Creator. Project manager. Coach. (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, England.27 May 2016
The Inter-netball club began as part of a work experience assignment for my degree.

Once the work experience was finished (6 weeks), I had created and set up my project to the female population of Liverpool (students) which was never expected as it was only supposed to be an assignment.

The project has been and continues to grow with membership retention and new members constantly increasing to date. It has become such a success that England Netball have now expanded the project to other areas of the UK!

As this was part of a university assignment to begin with, and I was a full-time student, there was no salary given.

I decided to continue the project in my spare time in the evenings after university to plan and coach sessions through the support and funding of England Netball.
Pros
Great Management
Cons
N/a
Nice University
Research Assistant of EPSRC project (EP/M029484/1) (Current Employee) –  Liverpool3 May 2016
This is a very nice university, working here was a very nice time for me. Project is interesting and our group work together and solve lots of problem.