Liverpool Football Club Employee Reviews for Sales Advisor

Nice place to work.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside7 December 2018
It's a nice place to work, the customers are friendly and treat you with respect. Some bad things are that sometimes you will feel unappreciated, and some of the staff are stuck up and treat you with no respect, and zero hour contact.
Pros
Good hours when/if you can get them, Good Pay including Holiday Pay.
Cons
Management, Zero Hour Contact.
Decent but has its flaws
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside23 March 2018
Pay is decent, and the job itself fits in well with college/uni hours.

Most of the casual staff are nice people.

Management is a mess, condescending and arrogant. Undoubtedly have their favourites.

Told to arrive for shift 15 minutes early, and often leave half an hour to an hour after the shift is supposed to end. Unpaid, of course.

Far too many people work there, and because of this you never get the chance to get to know your colleagues on a name basis, which is a shame.

Unsympathetic, I’ve been late to shifts before because of a chronic pain condition that I have. And when I told management they prcoeeded to tell me that “I’ve used that excuse before”.

The hours are ridiculous, I’ve worked 9AM-11PM before today. Absolutely unnecessary.
Pros
Decent pay, fits well with college and uni commitments for the most part
Cons
Long hours, horrid management, unsympathetic, too many workers
Great colleagues, fast paced fun atmosphere on match Days
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside28 March 2017
The staff as a majority are a really nice, friendly and fun group, mainly students and youngsters, there's a real team spirit amongst most of the workers.

Management very short sighted and unappreciative, also very cliquey so progression is difficult and mild forms of bullying do occur.

Casuals (0hr contracts) constantly threatened with hours and to call in sick (which everyone occasionally has to) will see a casual go down to 4hrs a week, or maybe lose all hours for several weeks.

Standards and the wishes of regional managers held in much higher regard than customer service or a happy work force.

Awful uniform!
Pros
Can be good hours, nice colleagues, fun customers especially on match days.
Cons
Miss a lot of football on weekends, very cliquey management, more often treated like a number than a person.
Decent but management needs improvement
Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Anfield8 January 2017
Managers do not care about casual worker's social lives/university/sixth form. They're only concerned about themselves, their own careers and reaching shop targets.

It stated on the contract that we would be personally notified before each 'assignment' (shift) and had the right to accept or decline each shift at our own will. This is most certainly not the case. Instead, a rota is put up on the wall outside staffroom and we must work each shift given, otherwise the managers get upset and threaten to send P45 despite them knowing that most of us are in school/college/uni and that the job is casual. This is a breach of contract.

If you take time off sick, they claim they require "reliable" workers, but who can help being ill over winter?

Managers often rudely talk down to most of the casual workers, often favouring the part and full time staff as they're their own children. Yet most of the shouting and moaning occurs after the store has closed when no customers are around.

We are all forced to work unpaid overtime, for example: a shift may state 9-5. We would be expected to arrive at about 8:30, and then the store would close at five o'clock and we'd stay behind at least half an hour to tidy and do standards and do tills - unpaid, despite any commitments we may have afterwards.

The staffroom is very small, unclean and does not have enough seats or coat hangers, which is bad when there are nearly 50 workers in on a match day.

Sales advisors including casuals, part and full times, are all polite, knowledgeable and able to work as a team.

Some shifts are very
  more... long i.e 9-11 (which would really be 8:30-11:30) during match days with late kick-offs. But there are some good shifts such as 10-2.

The only benefit is the salary, at £7.20, this beats most other standard retail jobs.
Pros
Salary, paid to watch the match
Cons
Management, very long shifts.
Productive, professional and fun workplace.
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Birkenhead14 August 2015
I thoroughly enjoy my job, however I am now looking for a new adventure as I am not on a full time contract. I get on with all members of staff and respect the members of management.
Productive Workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool5 March 2015
Working for Liverpool fc entails a busy day of delivering excellent customer service to a global variety of customers. Working for Liverpool fc I have learned great merchandising skills, how to deliver great customer service to the highest standards and gained great leadership skills as a section manager. I work well as a team leader, always helping with training and mentoring staff on my section. The hardest part of the job is working every weekend. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with different people everyday delivering a great customer experience.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Working unsociable hours
Enjoyable workplace
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  liverpool5 January 2015
This store is a great place to work and all staff are very friendly. i have enjoyed my time working here.
Good Enviroment
Sales Advisor (Current Employee) –  Liverpool12 November 2013
the environment from day to day is a good happy environment but the management is not very good because if you make a mistake it could be something little then they will take a shift away from you and give it to someone else. it is a 0 hour contract so the hours that are giving are up and down and people get more than others.
Pros
happy enviroment
Cons
0 hour contact