Liverpool City Council UK Employee Reviews

Short term contract
LIVERPOOL (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 January 2018
A great opportunity to work within Early Help offer in Liverpool. This administrative role is coordinating and supporting professionals in completing Early Help Assessment forms.
Lovely people at the centre created a great workplace culture.
working in a school is very rewarding and every day is different. You learn how to work alongside children and adults alike.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool11 November 2017
You participate in training which is very important for keeping children safe and happy in school. You have opportunities to train to become a teacher and build on your knowledge. Working in a school is enjoyable because everyone working there is aiming for the same outcome which is helping children reach their potential. There is nothing more rewarding than a child who has reached their goal and their self esteem has been raised.
Pros
If you have children it fits in with your family life, school holidays etc.
Excellent
Modern Foreign Language Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool3 November 2017
Excellent organisation to work for. Good career development. I would recommend this workplace to anyone. Good career development. Excellent organisation
Engagement Officer
Engagement Officer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool16 October 2017
The job is very varied and the job satisfaction levels are high. I work with some of most vulnerable tenants and home owners in this city helping to ensure that their homes are in the best possible condition as this can affect their physical and mental well being. This includes sourcing funding for property repairs, getting adaptations installed, maximising benefits and ensuring they are on the lowest tariffs and receive all the fuel allowances they are entitled to. We also help with white goods and specialist equipment. Its totally holistic.

I work in peoples homes on a daily basis. The team also door knock and attend various events to promote the service. We work with many different partners to ensure the best possible standard of service is provided to our clients. I do a lot of work with benevolent funds and have brought in, in excessive of £35000 to help clients.

Work place culture is about encouraging personal strengths alongside ensemble working. Management are very open and supportive. There is no hard part to the job as it so full of job satisfaction.
Pros
Varied with high levels of job satusfaction.
Cons
Government cuts make the future unclear.
Excellent place to work
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside28 September 2017
Enjoyed the job, learnt a lot and lots of room for scope. All of the managers were easily approachable. The only downside was the fact that all local authorities are under immense financial pressure which impacted on the job.
Pros
Flexi time, hours, management
Cons
Poor IT system
great
mortuary technician (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside28 August 2017
great place to work, staff really helpful,flexible days and times,lunch times provided to fit around your working day,staff training and staff discounts offered
Great Place to Work
Gym Attendant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool England12 August 2017
Being flexible is great with the company.

They will offer a lot of different trainings for you to progress, and a lot of opportunity to grow within the company
supportive and creative place to work
Locality Manager (Former Employee) –  south locality26 May 2017
I worked for over 22 years with Liverpool City Council, during my time of employment I gained a number of positions in adult social work and was fully supported by my employer through out my tenure.
Pros
good terms and conditions
Cons
complex, high demand of case management
lively and interesting
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside16 May 2017
Happy, staff were lovely and support with one another.
Quite a transient environment, always a lot of change, kept you busy, intrigued, interested and on your toes!
Productive, intersting,energetic, learning, informative workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Belle Vale Liverpool10 April 2017
In this role there was never a typical day at work due to the client base and their complex needs. This allowed to grow and stretch myself within the work environment of Liverpool City Council.

The skills I learnt here was how to plan, manage a team and also do risk assessment within the workplace. It also improved my communication skills within different environments i.e. dealing with stakeholders/agencies and also third party providers.
Office Administrator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool29 March 2017
I considered office work boring, yet I met a lot of people with different abilities which gave me the opportunity to learn and develop by helping them which I was more than grateful for. Some days consisted of nothing to do as I was limited due to it being work experience. The hardest part was the maths related parts but the best as it was the only challenging thing I encountered.
Pros
Short hours
Cons
Boring
Excellent environment to work in.
Senior Administration Officer Claims Department (Former Employee) –  Originally Bootle, then Liverpool City Centre14 March 2017
I worked for Liverpool City Council for over 18 years. I started as a Payroll Clerk in a busy transport department eventually being promoted to Transport Coordinator. I dealt with over 100 hundred staff, shortlisting, interviewing and recruiting. Planning Transport routes to pick up Service Users for schools, day centres, lunch clubs and various events held by the Council.
Pros
Great job, good people to work amongst
Cons
Very early starts and often late finishes
great
site manager (Current Employee) –  North West23 February 2017
i love working for the council. the banter is fun and everything makes me smile like finidng a unicorn at the bottom of a rainbow.
productive
Recreation Attendant/ receptionist (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside21 February 2017
busy day to day job, customers are very friendly staff are also very friendly. easy to get along with and work as a team. management could be better
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
long hours short breaks
Struggling to retain the best staff
Manager (Current Employee) –  City Centre31 January 2017
The council is a difficult area to work in, but can be rewarding yet challenging at the same time. There are few opportunities to develop or move ahead within the council.
Pros
Flexi time
Cons
Poor investment in staff or progression
Friendly
School Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside18 January 2017
I work as a cleaner in a school and the paid holidays and paid sick leave are great
The staff are friendly and it's an enjoyable place to work
Pros
Friendly staff
Great
Legal Services Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool16 January 2017
I only had a one month placement but from what I could tell the place was very vibrant, there isn't much I can say bad about the place, I wish my time there had been longer since I really enjoyed the company of my colleagues.
Hard work but rewarding
Street cleansing operative (Former Employee) –  Liverpool6 October 2016
8 o'clock start getting your routes of manager pick up your Barra and start your day I have been on both a wagon with someone or litter picking on my own there is a lot of walking to do so comfy work boots are essential .you get to meet a lot of the public some have complaints others just want to ask questions. The lads I worked with were a great . The hardest part is litter picking when the weather is bad lots of layers of clothes needed .most of the management were fine just the odd one were your face had to fit
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Working in all conditions
Administration Assistant
Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool27 September 2016
I enjoyed my time with LCC I worked ina variety of different departments and roles I would happily return to LCC if an oppertunity presented itself to me
Great place to work. Extremely varied and interesting work, great people and a stunning city.
Principal Conservation Office (Former Employee) –  City and Borough of Liverpool8 September 2016
The planning service was a great place to work for over 10 years. Well trained and motivated colleagues, highly professional and competent. A place where pride is taken in the service provided to public.
Pros
No two days are the same
Cons
Can be very windy at the Pier Head / Cunard Building.