Liverpool City Council UK Employee Reviews in Liverpool

Great
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside1 October 2019
Great, there was no typical day-enjoyable job. Learnt alot. Supportive network. Management was competitive. Workplace was friendly but challenging. Loved being a teacher.
The worst experience of my life!
CCTV Operator (Former Employee) –  Liverpool3 May 2019
Had to leave as I was bullied and management and colleagues they know who they stick with, poor management on dealing with my situation at the time and not support received at all from them.
Great teams
liverpool (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 April 2019
Well organised, Great team members and excellent communication. full training provided which was well explained and demonstrated. Given further opportunities to work when needed.
Enjoy working with the children and staff
Early Years Practitioner (Current Employee) –  Liverpool16 March 2019
most times don’t get praise for what you’ve achieved. Different rules apply for different people. Positive side is all staff work well together and have a very good relationship we help each other out and challenge some policies that we have issues with. Money shortage is a problem for schools lots off children coming through with special needs and needing 1-1care but no budget to provide it leaving staff members to deal with challenging children and then leaving there key worker group off children to just access continues provision so sometimes no teaching can be done.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
Can not provide more working hours because off school government cuts.
Ok but tedious
Temporary Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool8 February 2019
I was employed here through Essential Employment agency and I had to cover the backlog of work they had. Some staff members were ok while others talked too much and were not productive. I felt bored sometimes as there weren't enough work to do. If you don't like working too much then this job might be suited for someone not mentally active.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough work
Working for small time crooks.
Driver (Current Employee) –  Liverpool13 November 2018
Horrendus experience leaving me depressed and almost broken. Cant say too much, but given this place is public funded, its a discrace the levels of corruption and jobs for mates that goes on. That in itself would be ok, if the mates were compitent and able to manage. I hope one day the truth will come out.
Pros
Package
Cons
Corrupt sopranos style management
An Excellent School
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 October 2018
Our school is a friendly school with a family atmosphere. Broad Square offers the best for the children in it's care, specifically SEN children. The only reason why I am leaving is to pursue a career in Play Therapy.
Pros
Family Atmosphere
Cons
Poor work/life balance
fun and diverse
Youth Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Liverpool5 October 2018
thgere was a lot ofopportunity and training working within the council. monthly training, great sickness benefiets too.

would definitely recommend working here
horrible
Lifeguard and gym instructor (Former Employee) –  Liverpool1 October 2018
I didn't really like working here the job wasn't a very enjoyable one and I didn't really get on with anyone there so it wasn't right for me so there ye go
sports centre
attendant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool6 September 2018
excellent place to work started as a Lifeguard gained new knowledge of Health and safety also was a Fire marshal and first aider with Walton Sports centre so these transferable skills will not go to waste
Pros
good team environment
Cons
shift work
served my time there
Mason Apprentice (Former Employee) –  liverpool city council26 August 2018
Liverpool city council back in the day was a safe place to be employed but was always going to be a stepping stone for me into self employment there was not much room for promotion then.
Pros
working outdoors meeting people
Cons
cold in the winter
Producted,stressful,
Class 2 Driver (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside5 August 2018
Collecting waste around Liverpool,day to day driving responsibility’s,how to become a better driver,dealing with the public can be difficult,working culture is a great atmosphere,management can bring unnecessary stress on to you ,most enjoyable part of my job is when the 2 loaders get out of the truck to go home I like working on my own better.
Pros
Training eg free driving qualification card
Cons
No dinner, lots of work not enough hours in the day, maintenance on old vehicles is at a poor standard.
Face fitting employment
Tracking Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Liverpool2 July 2018
Depending on the postion you hold, depends on if you can move forward in the company. Very male orianted and not Disability friendly, especially when they are the cause.
Pros
Air con
Great to work for
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool22 May 2018
Liverpool, City Council was a great company to work for. They provided on the job training and staff support. It allowed me to work in a range of school kitchens so that I could see best practice in a range of different environments.
A wonderful experience
I enjoyed every minute I spent in Liverpool City Council. The job was so varied and it was offering so many development opportunities. Obviously there were always the challenges related to the type of job I was doing as I was a frontline officer in contact with the public. So you never knew what type of people would come through the door.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
challenging behaviour of some of my clients
LIVERPOOL (Current Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside13 March 2018
Great company to work for with lots of benefits including holidays and customer service. Help with pension information and were really supportive with maternity leave
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Pay
outline of job
Legal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool City Centre, Merseyside9 January 2018
A lovely place to work with great people, The job its self was interesting and spent a lot of time in court, very demanding and you had to be organised and time management was essential.
Pros
flex time
Cons
long days
Short term contract
LIVERPOOL (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside4 January 2018
A great opportunity to work within Early Help offer in Liverpool. This administrative role is coordinating and supporting professionals in completing Early Help Assessment forms.
Lovely people at the centre created a great workplace culture.
working in a school is very rewarding and every day is different. You learn how to work alongside children and adults alike.
Teaching Assistant (Current Employee) –  Liverpool11 November 2017
You participate in training which is very important for keeping children safe and happy in school. You have opportunities to train to become a teacher and build on your knowledge. Working in a school is enjoyable because everyone working there is aiming for the same outcome which is helping children reach their potential. There is nothing more rewarding than a child who has reached their goal and their self esteem has been raised.
Pros
If you have children it fits in with your family life, school holidays etc.
Excellent
Modern Foreign Language Lecturer (Former Employee) –  Liverpool3 November 2017
Excellent organisation to work for. Good career development. I would recommend this workplace to anyone. Good career development. Excellent organisation