Liverpool City Council UK

Liverpool City Council UK Employee Reviews

United Kingdom82 reviews
Working outside sometimes on your own and sometimes in groups also interacting with the public and collaborating with the supervisors and managers the facilities could have been in better order the hardest part of the job was removing fly tipping the most enjoyable part was driving various sweeping vehicles
The council are easy going and make sure that the roads are safe and the cab are also safe. They make sure your cab is clean and tidy also they make sure all your licences and insurance is valid
I thoroughly enjoy working for Liverpool City Council, the staff are very friendly and make you feel welcome. No day is the same in the office as there are always so many exciting events going on.
Currently working for this company. And have no issues, I've enjoyed working for them. Just need new challenges and to be able to better myself and share my experiences
Very nice organisation, open to new ideas, open to supporting you in training and advancement. Flexible working hours, good pension plan. Holidays around 25-30 days per year depending on role. Once permanent, easy to move around within organsation.
Even though i was an agency worker I felt like a valued employee by the city council and felt treated like one of their own employees . The work load was manageable and team leaders and managers approachable the time i was there.
What can I say. The council has been cut to within an inch of its life by government austerity. Anything that it tries to do, it has to do with both hands tied behind its back.
inputtin data answer calls working with spreadsheets. sorting out issues with tutors.

working with colleagues . managing my work load priortising.
Pros
secure permanent job
Cons
Relaxed and friendly employer.
With a flexible approach to staffs and family friendly structure.

Across the board flexibility, customer focused.

Inhouse training
Productive, flexible varied working across the board as and when required.
Office skills typing, clerk, reception data entry.

Covered various areas, fast, accurate and professional in my work.

Strong work ethics in providing a customer service.

Doing the job with cost effective by giving value for money in all aspects, to the company and the customers.

Job productivity giving a professional and can do approach to multi task as and when needs.
Great workplace culture and brilliant/friendly colleagues. Located right in the city centre, which means the commute is easy and there is a lot of nice restaurants to go to during lunch.
Great, there was no typical day-enjoyable job. Learnt alot. Supportive network. Management was competitive. Workplace was friendly but challenging. Loved being a teacher.
Slow to help the disabled and is very agedess.
Has a culture of who you know and not what you know.

Does not like to admit that they put managment in positions who are not capable of doing the job only yes no merchants.

The disabled if there are any are not given jobs only barriers.
No management support, expected you to work extra mile NO thanks. Pay transport yourself’ and havto wait till payday to be paid back. I found I was pushed to the limit and waisted breath when complaints went in.
Pros
Helping the most vulnerable and needy giving them a voice and my time.
Cons
No support to do your job, in the time allocated to care.
I've been an employee for over a year now. The people I work with are great and there are lots of training opportunities available. Excellent pay rates compared to similar roles in nearby local authorities.
Pros
Free training and good pay rates
Cons
cant think of any
Had to leave as I was bullied and management and colleagues they know who they stick with, poor management on dealing with my situation at the time and not support received at all from them.
Well organised, Great team members and excellent communication. full training provided which was well explained and demonstrated. Given further opportunities to work when needed.
most times don’t get praise for what you’ve achieved. Different rules apply for different people. Positive side is all staff work well together and have a very good relationship we help each other out and challenge some policies that we have issues with. Money shortage is a problem for schools lots off children coming through with special needs and needing 1-1care but no budget to provide it leaving staff members to deal with challenging children and then leaving there key worker group off children to just access continues provision so sometimes no teaching can be done.
Pros
Training opportunities
Cons
Can not provide more working hours because off school government cuts.
I was employed here through Essential Employment agency and I had to cover the backlog of work they had. Some staff members were ok while others talked too much and were not productive. I felt bored sometimes as there weren't enough work to do. If you don't like working too much then this job might be suited for someone not mentally active.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not enough work
Horrendus experience leaving me depressed and almost broken. Cant say too much, but given this place is public funded, its a discrace the levels of corruption and jobs for mates that goes on. That in itself would be ok, if the mates were compitent and able to manage. I hope one day the truth will come out.
Pros
Package
Cons
Corrupt sopranos style management
Our school is a friendly school with a family atmosphere. Broad Square offers the best for the children in it's care, specifically SEN children. The only reason why I am leaving is to pursue a career in Play Therapy.
Pros
Family Atmosphere
Cons
Poor work/life balance