Livelyhood Venues Ltd

Livelyhood Venues Ltd Employee Reviews for General Manager

Not a single weekend off in six months. Constant WhatsApp messages, on several groups that they make you a member upon starting. No regard for your free time whatsoever, calls, texts, emails. Unrealistic deadlines, they don't care that you are on holiday.Constant issues with cash and stock and all ops team, including owners aware, yet no support in dealing with rather the opposite.Very cliquey culture and unpleasant approach to anyone who appears to actually have any knowledge of the trade.If you have ever worked for the respectable company then simply stay far away from this one.
Pros
Money seems good
Cons
No work life balance, terrible company culture, messy structures
Come across as caring about their staff but in reality they don't and will terminate your contract as and when it suits them. If you get to an interview its worth asking why they have had so many GMs in all their sites.
Official response from Livelyhood Venues Ltd
9 March 2020
Thank you for your feedback - we constantly look for opportunities to improve. it is always our goal within Livelyhood to have fun and to look after one another. We do genuinely care about our people and in keeping with this culture, we were delighted that our contribution to raising the awareness of the fantastic work of the Licensed Trade Charity was recognised recently by the Licensed Trade Charity itself presenting us with an Employer award. No one is perfect, but we try hard, we continually learn and we're committed to hospitality and each other. We have also recently invested in the appointment of a Operations Director and a Learning & Development Manager at Livelyhood and we’re excited about the continued positive contribution of these roles on our company and for our people.Regarding your specific feedback on terminating contracts as and when it suits us, I would have to disagree and both myself and our Operations Director would be very happy to chat with future candidates about GM turnover and retention within Livelyhood. Feel free to contact me directly at email-us@livelyhood.co.uk if you have any more questions, ideas or feedback. Thank you for all that you did at Livelyhood,Emma