Little Green Rascals

Little Green Rascals Employee Reviews

Strives to achieve the best for each child in their care. Sustainability, organic food, forest school activities and healthy living promoted as part of their ethos.
Pros
Flexible childcare
Cons
Top down communication between from managers, administrators, and Human Resources personnel poor.
my review is that little green rascals is a very relaxed and happy and enjoyable place to work weather for work experience or full time work. all the staff r very friendly and welcoming
Struggling with expansion . The job I had was great and varied. I had autonomy at first. And the time to complete the jobs asked of me and my opinion mattered.
Pros
Variety in my job
Cons
Unrealistic time scales
I loved my position at Little green Rascals until i felt that i was undervalued and not appreciated by the management team. It is a lovely setting and the staff are passionate about what they do it is just a pity about some of the management team.
Pros
great outdoor sace
Cons
long hours, lots of unpaid paperwork
Little green raceles is amazing place to work because you are working a great children and you learn new things every day and you start to know ever day about everything id great
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
30 hours
Little Green Rascals is the best nursery for children to thrive. They have the best resources available including amazing outdoor facilities and well designed indoor spaces filled with many stimulating and age appropriate toys. I have loved being a nursery practitioner at LGR, making great relationships with the team in my room and even stronger bonds with my key children. However, as an employee, the workload is far too intense and there is not enough time given for us to complete the work that is requested from us. I have personally spent many unpaid hours working at home so that I do not fall behind with paperwork. This has never been appreciated by management. All of the nursery practitioners are brilliant and the children adore coming to nursery. It's the best feeling to know that I have been a part of that. However, management are unhelpful and have led me to feel more like a number, rather than a valued member of staff in the work place.
Pros
Excellent opportunities to build bonds with children.
Cons
Lots of unpaid paperwork
Each day brings a new challenge working with children always brings lots of laughter and tears, its a very rewarding job to help a child learn a new skill and watching them develop their personalities. The management team are very supportive of their staff encouraging further development offering courses to do so. It is a big nursery and its very important to work well together as you spend 10hrs a day with your team members, there is a lot of social events to enable to team to bond outside of work as well. The most enjoyable part of the job is forming bonds with the children and there parents/carers understanding how they learn best and researching different ways to help them reach their full potential.
Pros
fanastic staff mural and supportive management
Cons
I worked for them for just over a year. From the moment I started, I knew I would be happy working there. The management are very good and are very particular about who they hire. So it is important that you share their focus on nature and organic products. Staff were all lovely and the setting was relaxed and natural.
Pros
Staff and environment
Cons
Not paid during lunch, very short lunch breaks and location.
Looking after babies between 0-18 months.The most enjoyable part of the job was looking after the children and seeing them change over time.