Little Dessert Shop Employee Reviews

very unprofessional people
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Bloxwich, West Midlands11 April 2019
i have never met anyone as unprofessional as the people who work here. i was on a trial Wednesday 10th April and the people i was shadowing were on their phone the whole time and then today 11th april 2019 i get a phone call to say i got the job and then receive another phone call saying it was mix up
Pros
very unprofessional people to work with
Little care for staff and not all money earnt is paid
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lichfield, Staffordshire7 April 2019
The managers are more interested in going home early and taking as much money from you as possible than caring for their staff. Stop getting paid an hour after you close even if you’re there for a couple of hours after. Little to no breaks. A completely draining job with no reward no matter how hard you try.
Cons
Don’t pay all money, rude, draining
Awful management
Artisan/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge, Wiltshire19 March 2019
Management have a lack of care for their staff. Treated like slaves and not employees. Never received one pay slip whilst working for this company. Management deducted everyone’s hours to the point where some staff had no hours a week. The pay is awful and members of staff have been underpaid up to the amount of £600. Would not recommend working here. The only benefit from this job was that the team are lovely and became really close to them.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Management & Pay
Productive workplace
Waitress and Kitchen Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bloxwich, West Midlands15 March 2019
It’s a very welcoming environment and I have learnt and developed many skills since starting! Management is good and understanding of life outside of work. They have shown this as I am currently studying and I am able to do this as they manage to place shifts around my learning hours. It is overall a nice work environment even though it can get tough at times when the workplace is busy however, we are supported with this as management come to provide help. I am gratefully of having the opportunity to work in an environment like this one.
Pros
Discounted food and flexible working hours
Worst place anyone could work
Kitchen Staff/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Trowbridge15 March 2019
This franchise is the worst business I have ever worked for.
People get treated like slaves rather than employees and the owners have no respect for anyone.
Every member of the team was always underpaid and since the opening of the shop not one person has recieved a payslip.
I would not recommend this job to anyone ever.
Unfortunately there is no room for improvement as the owners are the ones that are running the place into the ground.
Started as a nice place
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands4 March 2019
It started really well. with a good team and owners attentive to needs of staff and customers. However a lot of work resulted in a haos in the kitchen and a lack of customer service time. The owners with time have moved away from managing the place and started to visit only to complain on their employees.
Awful.. Aviod!!
Trial (Former Employee) –  Tamworth, Staffordshire3 March 2019
So basically, I sent my cv via email, and then asked me in for a trial shift 11-1, so I went in for this trial shift there was no manager on-site and they told me that they barely see the manger it’s just the two woman tha basically run it, the job advertisement was ‘Full Time’ , when I got there she told me it was only 16 hours, so she went through what I needed to do etc and it was fine untill it started getting a little busy and I was left by myself hardly knowing what I’m doing customers are moaning cause they have waited 30 mins for rap water, I didn’t know where any of the tables were, and when I asked for help she ended up directing me to the wrong tables, I asked for table spray to clean the tables but they had to wait untill another person came in a hour later to see if they could find it, people were yelling at me about how long it took, now I can deal with complaints as I’ve worked at a restaurant for over a year but there was no way I could try and justify why it took 30 mins for a tap water and bottle of coke, and then to top it all of another trial shift came in half way through mine and I was left to tell her what to do even though I hardly knew what to do, so then 1pm came, and I thought it was busy I’ll stay an extra 10 mins to help out, she didn’t once say thanks for staying or anything, it was half 1 and I said I was going she didn’t even stop what she was doing, she was just like we’re going to hire you, and I said I would call her cause I weren’t sure, I called up later on saying I weren’t going to take the job and she laughed and said bye and put the phone  more... down
was awful.
Money grabbing company...
Part -Time Artisan Waitress (Former Employee) –  Lichfield22 February 2019
As a previous employee I can tell you my experience overall was shocking. The company expect you to work after closing hours and not be paid, I wasn't paid for shifts and tips are kept for the company. Doesn't seem like the managers care about the employees and just care about more cash in their hands.
not bad
Crew member (Former Employee) –  Birmingham21 February 2019
was busy in the afternoon
hardest part of job, was security towards the night as their were a lot of robberies
complaints about food-
enjoyable part, making dessert this is also something new I learnt which I can now make myself too.
Rubbish
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, West Midlands17 February 2019
This is the most crappest job I’ve ever come across, very unprofessional they post ads on indeed saying they need staff but when you get the job they have no hours for you, the person asked me do I want part time or full time employment I said part time and a couple of weeks later they said I have a 0 hr job where I only work when they call me in which is whenever, Yet here I am 3 weeks down the line and they still haven’t given me any work disgusting.
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Very unprofessional
Terrible company, terrible job
Patisserie Chef (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire11 February 2019
This is by far the worst job I have ever had, the management is terrible, they didn't pay me for 3 months and only paid when I got a lawyer involved, they tried to fix a coffee machine by attempting to remove money from MY bank account. The only benefit is I got discounted food which is delicious! Hours were less than 10 a week.
Pros
Discounted food.
Cons
Rude and disrespectful management, terrible staff and worse hours.
Awful and disgusting
Kitchen staff (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire8 February 2019
Filthy place I spent my 2 weeks here cleaning everything because it was disgusting. Jugs of batter mix left on the floor, ice creams left open so long they're frostbitten. Out of date sweets were used.

Manager was a lying coward. Told me I would be running the kitchen, I potwashed for my time there. I worked hard and I did the 3 shelves of washing up the day staff had left me without complaint every shift and all of a sudden he doesn't put me on the rota or explain himself and avoids all my calls.

I am not some kid. I am late 20s and I have been a supervisor elsewhere and I am a hard worker and do not deserve that.

I had to prompt him to pay me both weeks and he underpaid me. Too much of a coward to speak to me and tell me what I did wrong.

I rang head office and complained about my treatment. "oh they're a franchise, we can't do anything about it.'

WHAT!? You're allowing someone to trade under your name who treats staff (not just me) badly and doesn't pay them. I have now been left with nothing with no warning and no rent or fuel money. So thanks.

Hardly award winning. Wouldn't recommend customers or staff here. Reviews speak for themselves. Needs to be shut down ASAP.
Pros
Not having to work there
Cons
Poor management, no support from head office, filthy uncomfortable work conditions.
Awful!
Waiter (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands16 January 2019
I worked here when I was 16, illegal hours of work, no breaks on 7 hour shift, not enough staff so you have to struggle ALL day and night. Management and ownership is absolutely horrible and treat the staff like trash. They don’t care about their employee’s at all. Worst place I’ve ever worked. Get shouted at in the group chat 24/7 by supervisors who do little to nothing themselves. Horrible place. Also unhygienic.
Pros
Cons
No breaks, treated like trash
Typical food place job
Waitress and Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Walsall2 November 2018
The job is not for those who give up on a job easily as this job can prove to be quite stressful at times, through the busy days to long nights and days and just making sure your cleaning is done properly. The management are very nice people, they can sometimes be tough on you but at the end of the day you would be the same if it was your own business. I loved working with the people and it was sad to watch most of the leave, however they were some of the best people I worked with. The most hardest part is learning food, being able to keep up with orders, making sure cleaning is up to scratch eventhough theres hardly any staff on just you and another person which makes the cleaning a lot harder to do.
Terrible
Artisan (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire27 October 2018
Being there for a year had its ups and downs..
First few months were great. Afterwards was hardly given any shifts and was always talked down to by managers/“training supervisors” that were brought into the store.
If you were a regular worker, then you are never looked after. Minimum wage and never had a raise. Had our 50% staff taken from us. Hardly ever had breaks, if we did was 20 minutes max.
Was always anxious about coming into work as I was never made to feel comfortable in the work environment.
Pros
Cons
Long shifts, Short/No breaks, Minimum Wage
Awful Treatment
Artisan (Former Employee) –  Stafford, Staffordshire12 September 2018
Staff and store management are expected to 'jump' at a minutes notice by owners and area managers.
Breaks not always given, certainly never saw the manager take one.
Unrealistic standards. Long days. Won't even let staff have a cup of tea. Higher ups (mainly from Head office) expect way to much of their staff and give them little reward in return.
Cons
Long hours, Bad management. Unrealistic expectations
incompetent management and lack of respect
artisan/waiter (Former Employee) –  Shrewsbury, Shropshire13 August 2018
The company have no interest in their lower level workers which makes it a challenging environment to be productive in. There's a massive lack of team work which doesn't help when you aren't provided with the legal amount of rest between some shifts.
Pros
n/a
Cons
Lack of proper management, some illegal shift patterns
Hard, untrustworthy but great staff
Waitress/Bar Staff (Current Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent4 July 2018
Rarely got given a break although all shifts are longer than 6 hours, often pressured into working overtime without pay due to failure to employ enough staff for evening shifts, expected to run an entire area eg front of house/ bar/ kitchen on your own, overall very stressful, other staff members are really amazing and make shifts much more enjoyable
Pros
Amazing, friendly staff, good discounts
Cons
No breaks, stressful, hard work, minimum wage
Low morals and Unprofessional
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  West Bromwich, West Midlands16 May 2018
Asian boss who not value or respect females working in the shop. Lack of hours to work and no appreciation when work overtime without givING good notice. Its a dump. Cake left out to thaw out. Always got our wages wrong and late.
Pros
Aan ice cream
Cons
Not valued, problem with women staff. Unclean. Health and safty
n/a
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wolverhampton23 April 2018
Not a good place to work the manager was always rude and disrespectfull to his staff and told you to wear the incorecct uniform. I was glad to leave the job