Little Apples Day Nursery Ltd

Little Apples Day Nursery Ltd Employee Reviews

I really enjoyed my time at Little Apples. Nurseries can be quite stressful and days can be long but the staff and management make each day a lot easier. Staff are very welcoming to new staff and parents and visitors always compliment the fun, bubbly family vibe they get from the moment they step in
Pros
Positive environment
Cons
Pays not great but it’s childcare
Little Apples has offered me support and growth for the past 5 years. I am proud to be a part of the Little Apples family and look forward to seeing the exciting things the company has in their future. The team is great to work with and supportive when you need it most! As all nursery practitioners know, the job can be stressful, but having an amazing bunch around you can really get you through the most stressful times! The company is always looking to improve and do this by taking feedback and ideas onboard from parents and staff. The team is made up of like-minded practitioners who enjoy working with children, thrive in a busy early years environment and love to get messy!! We love messy Fridays!! The directors and managers are very interested in their staff and are always looking for ways to recognise everyone’s strengths, i.e. insentive gifts given based on performance, awards evening in the summer, certificates and prizes given termly and employee of the month gift vouchers... not forgetting birthday vouchers and a Christmas party! Little Apples has been the best nursery experience I have had in my career and I genuinely love going to work with my team and all our Little Apples, everyday!
I have been at this company for 3 years. I started as an apprentice, i am now a Team Leader. Little Apples gives you lots of chances to extend your interest and offer on-the-side job roles. The management team are very supportive and always willing to give you support when needed. The staff at Little Apple's are a great team and very friendly.
Pros
Lots of opportunities and support.
Cons
N/a
I have recently joined little apples nursery , I am a level 3 nursery nurse in the baby room ; I have an amazing room leader and manger. management are always open to new ideas. I do 3 days week and if I want overtime it’s available ; In my interview I expressed how much I enjoy cooking and now I’m doing cooking in the kitchen and cooking classes every Wednesday with the children. Team are friendly and hepful and respectful to one another. Lovely parents and children .
Pros
Overtime and trainings
Cons
N/a
Have been at this work place for nearly 6 years now and couldn’t think of anything to top it. Have visited many other nurseries and find it impossible to place them on the same scale. The nursery, company and staff are nothing less than OUTSTANDING. The management team are constantly thinking of new and better things to better the nursery and staff life. From starting as an apprentice at this company I have worked my way up to a team leader with nobody else to thank but the amazing team that I was taught, supported and guided by. The pay is regularly reviewed and within my time at the company, my wage has rocketed. Honestly couldn’t imagine working anywhere else!
Pros
Constant support.
Cons
None.
I started as a apprentice at little apples and I am now qualified. I left little apples to improve and push myself in a room leader position which wasn’t for me and returned to little apples where they were welcoming and warming to my return. This nursery is a very friendly place to work where the team doesn’t feel just like a team it feels like a family. Everyone is very approachable and understandable. I enjoy working here, the children are amazing and parents are lovely, management are approachable and supportive in any actions you want to take to improve yourself as a individual.
Pros
Children are amazing and the team is a family
Cons
N/a
I recently worked for this company, as in three days ago, I felt like I was in a small box with chains wrapped around it. I tried my hardest to improve the food quality and menus but was constantly undermined. All the staff are women and if they don't like you they will make your life unbearable. They will constantly monitor your every move and when the time is right sell you out and then smile at you like nothing happened. Also you have to write a day to day diary. If you are really interested in cooking this is not the job for you.
Pros
Honestly none if I wasn't desperate I wouldn't have taken this job
Cons
The whole place is a con trust me stay away.
Management are not very understanding or sympathetic and can make you feel very small and unwanted. It's very cliquey staff and you get spoken to like rubbish and never go home on time! Learnt the EYFS. Mostly teaching yourself how to do things!
Pros
Kids are amazing
Cons
Lots of stress
I have loved working at Little Apples over the last 6 years. We have the best children and parents, and the team are so supportive. Everyone at Little Apples works hard, and it is always appreciated with the annual Awards Night, insetives box (full of treats given daily to say thank you for small tasks) and a generous voucher for birthdays!) Great atmosphere, always well stocked with the right equipment)
Pros
Great team
Cons
we have to go home at the weekends
Little apples has a family feel to the setting, the staff and families are great. The children are very happy and settled and use of tapestry makes life easier.
Pros
Staff insentives and motivation
The nursery is a fun and active place to work. No two days are the same which always adds to the fun. The management are understanding and will always help employees out. This isn’t run as a company it’s run as a family
Pros
Great people
Cons
None.
I have worked in many places and Little Apples is one of the best working environments i've been involved in. I worked as both a team leader and Admin. Work life is never perfect but working here was nice because even on stressful days i felt like there was always someone there to perk us up whetger it was a staff member or a child ;-)
Pros
Friendly vibes
Cons
Staffs lunch area could be a little bigger
The staff are very friendly and welcoming to new members of staff and parents/children. It is a fun, bubbly, exciting environment to work in and it’s very rare to have a dull moment.
Pros
Happy environment!
Cons
Small, stuffy staff room
Life at Little Apples is full of fun activities and smiling faces. I love seeing the children, parents and staff smiling throughout their days. We work well together as a team and effectively overcome troubles throughout the day.
Little apples was a pleasure to work in, although in my opinion the management was unfair. Due to long friendships and gossip, there seemed to be a lot of favouritism around the workplace.
Pros
Kind employees and good facility's
Cons
Poor management
Nice being around happy children as well as a team of inspiring bubbly staff that lift up your spirits. All the management team are approachable and always happy to help or guide you.
Pros
Being around children
Cons
Loud environment
was a nice new nursery learnt the new EYFS how to plan differently everyone was kind and polite enjoyable part was watching the children grow and develop
Pros
free meals outs
Cons
weird shift patterns