Listers Group Limited Employee Reviews

Awful place to work
Valeter (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire21 April 2018
Worked here for a year, management don’t listen to staff about the job in hand I had over 20 years experience in my field and was told constantly that we was doing it wrong. Had to work outside in horrendous weather condition using electrical equipment. Made management aware of health and safety issues only to be told that I was making it up. Stay away at all costs
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Terrible management
PDI Centre
PDI Centre (Former Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire15 March 2018
Unsafe plate to work at time, management was fired and Not stable enough so had to leave as a result.

no place to sit and eat or drink.

no locker, no parking
Management really look after their staff
ADMNISTRATOR (Former Employee) –  Cheltenham22 February 2018
The hours can be long, but this is a fun working environment and the management really look after their staff and reward hard work.
Friendly team members and management.
Pros
Gifts from staff members and management
Cons
Good place to work just too many hours
Retail Manager (Current Employee) –  King's Lynn, Norfolk8 January 2018
Good prospects and good company to work for.
Just the motor trade is too many hours and I don't like the way the modern motor trade is being is there is no trust or loyalty
Too Quiet
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire29 December 2017
Not enough work to need a full time employee. Most days I'd run out of things to do by lunch. Poor management. Staff are not motivated. Many false promises.
Pros
Nice atmosphere most of the time
Cons
Poor leadership
Horrible place to work for.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands12 November 2017
Ex technician at Solihull Audi. You will only get on here if you churn out the lowest standard of Work but in huge quantities so the department hit targets. False promises and lies from all management. The more hours you earn, the more you are worshipped. Little do they know how fickle it is and are only friends on the surface. (Sheeple). Customers are having work done on vehicles that they never came in for, all to hit unacheivable targets.
Ridiculous place to work and I feel sorry for anyone starting here. Especially as a tech. If your face don’t fit and you don’t brown nose the management. ..... game over!!
Pros
You eventually get to go home
Cons
Everything else
Good Job... if you dont have a life.
Technician (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands3 October 2017
Worked here for 12 years and worked 50-60 hours standard a week with no extra money. Management is very clicky and do not want to pay any decent people the wages they deserve. They make you work all the hours god sends and frowned upon if you arrive or leave on time! Was promised a promotion at another site which didnt even open!!! There are some very good and nice people (non management) who work there and simply have no desire or drive due to being paid so poorly and doing a long working day.
Pros
Staff on same level are very nice
Cons
Long hours, low pay
Great opportunities if you're prepared to work...
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire29 September 2017
I've worked for Listers for a long time and have seen the business change and grow.

One thing that's stayed constant, is the fact that if you're prepared to work hard, do your job to the highest level; opportunities will come round.

Don't get me wrong though, the job is tough and in a World where some people expect something for nothing, Listers may not be for you.

Although, if you're prepared to work hard, deliver first class customer service Listers offers great opportunities to develop your career.
Pros
Great people, A Company with longevity, Earnings potential
Cons
long hours, service industry (i.e. pleasing customers is challenging)
Long hours but great working in a Volkswagen showroom
Parts Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leamington Spa, Warwickshire29 September 2017
I've been at Listers for just under a year now, the working days are long but i have found its worth it for the salary and bonuses you can earn

My manager has given me a lot of training since starting as a trainee parts advisor so when a new job opens up in the parts department I will have the opportunity to progress

it's a really busy environment so you do need to be able to work fast paced and cope with pressure from customers and management sometimes but this makes the day go quicker
Pros
Lots of training
Cons
Hard work but worth it !!
Sales Administrator (Current Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire29 September 2017
I have worked at Listers for over 5 years and have overall found it a good company to work for.

The hours are long and at times there can be pressure from management. However the office has a great atmosphere and the other members of the team are great to work with.

There are opportunities to progress internally or to move into a different department.
Pros
Progression
Cons
Working hours arent flexable
Nice Cars, good bonus and training
Service Advisor (Current Employee) –  Nuneaton, Warwickshire29 September 2017
I've been with Listers over 1 year, you get to drive some great cars and deal with customers day in day out. Some benefits are great, just used the car scheme to get myself a new car. Hours are long but the days go quick, also have to work most Saturdays
Pros
Nice showroom, cars and bonus payments
Cons
long hours, weekends
Friendly and supportive
Fleet / Broker Administrator (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands28 September 2017
I found them to be very friendly and supportive, there is always advancement to move within brand.
I was encouraged to take on workshops and placements to further my skills and become part of the Listers family.
They invest greatly in the educational side and ongoing training is always available as an option if you would like to advance further.
I found that there was no divide when it came to respecting staff and managers on all levels, as we were given the same mutual respect no matter what your position.
Workplace culture and work ethics were given high priority and all staff treated each other respectfully.
The hardest part of the job role for me was the fast moving pace from one position to another which within 3 months of taking on the role, but that soon became clear that it was a compliment and an advancement, but with all the help and support made the role very enjoyable.
Over all I would say that Audi Listers are an amazing company to work with.
Pros
Supportive
N.a
Smart Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Droitwich, Worcestershire27 September 2017
Bodyshop disgusting.people not to bad .but couple of bodyshop staff backstabbers .money is not great.They treat you like you an animal.dont supply uniform...big joke.And there not even a approved bodyshop.But lie and say they are.Dont supply healthvand safety
Cons
Modern work place, further training for mechanics
Mechanic and MOT Tester (Former Employee) –  Coventry, West Midlands27 September 2017
I joined listers from a fast fit centre, I had qualifications but couldn't get a job in a main dealer. After a few months they got me on some formal training courses which let to me going to Volkswagen/audi training centre
Pros
Bonuses and training
Cons
Can be long hours and fast pace
Avoid at all costs
Booking Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Solihull, West Midlands20 September 2017
After being promised a promotion before I started and it was part of the contract agreement, this is all a ploy to get you in the door...to get there and be told it won't be until three months time until you get the promised job after you have interviews with three seperate managers.
You're chucked into the deep end and let there to sink or swim for yourself which isn't a bad thing but when the manager his self can't even get the job right it's all abit shocking.
Any little thing you get wrong you get shouted at (my colleague at the time was made to cry three times in two weeks and a bottle of wine was brought to keep her quiet).
There's no team, it's department vs department,
You get called unreliable if your admitted to hospital and get told it's a 50/50 chance between two types of cancer.
Nobody ever gets back to you from management or above.
Avoid at all costs
Pros
One hour lunch
hard
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Fenton1 September 2017
different role every day with stocking the delivery vans and delivering the glass units with the drivers. collecting and receiving the glass in the warehouse and sorting it to go into the right bays
Terrible Company, management are a joke.
Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Stratford-upon-Avon, Warwickshire21 August 2017
Very "cliquey" management who just look out for each other, don't do their job properly and then find someone else to blame lower down. Management are often rude and arrogant.

Trust the reviews you read, as there is a reason Listers have such poor reviews.
Pros
Cons
Long hours, terrible management.
Fantastic Workplace
Parts Manager, Listers Seat (former) (Former Employee) –  Skoda Coventry and Seat Coventry3 August 2017
Not a lot to say but great company to work for fun good atmosphere in the work place very professional.

Job not hard I really enjoyed the challenge!!!!
Pros
Loads
Cons
Few
Unhappy workplace
Accounts assistant (Former Employee) –  head office11 July 2017
I found that Listers was not very good at wanting to keep their staff happy. The open office environment is not good for people with anxiety and this was not looked into.
Customer service advisor
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire5 July 2017
The job is a great opportunity on paper. With potential to earn good money. However the customer service manager is a bully and makes the job/ atmosphere 100x worse. Which is a shame because the rest of the staff on the whole are a great bunch. Nothing people do is ever enough. Truly horrible lady.
Pros
Well paid when earning bonuses.
Cons
Bully as a manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Listers Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.