Listers Group Limited

Listers Group Limited Employee Reviews

United Kingdom71 reviews
I worked with a great team and felt supported by the company as a whole, although I did see lots of managers come and go within the dealership. That said, my personal experience was good overall and I would definitely recommend Listers to friends and family. It wasn't right for me at the time but I would work there again if the right position became available.
A family business that doesn’t really care about its staff, 50hrs to 60 hrs per week, pay is good when times are good, terrible when it’s not due to the commission structure.
Having worked for The Listers Group for over 26 years I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone. No matter the age range they cater for every need and every requirement at whatever stage of life. Career opportunities, training and family focus is and has been the mantra they work by from the Directors to the floor staff everyone is looked after, supported and recognised. I came from nothing and over the years they developed me in to what was needed in the Motor Trade to survive.
Pros
Challange Myself every day
Cons
The challange i set for myself every day
Working within the Central Funding Unit supporting over 50 Franchised Motor Dealerships.
My responsibilities include:

Daily administrative operations of the department

The most enjoyable part of my job was working with a good team
Always busy, but not stressful, fantastic training and always kept up to date with vehicle technology, management are always approachable and solve any issues
Pros
Good pay and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Don’t treat u right as an employee you do over time for the company and they don’t appreciate it they don’t listen to your views even though you are working for them and achieving targets to get the work load out
Cons
Average car retailer, selling many well branded vehicles.. new and used.
Management as helpful as a bucket with a hole in it.

Often left to your own devices, taking care of your own development.

There are many very good car dealerships in most areas to choose from.
Would not bother , twice I have worked for them , very poor management , was told in September they needed to let me go ,due to me been off work for 3 months with a back injury, which probably was caused by doing work on the premises to be able to open up the place in time , turns out I have 4 discs in my back that now need fusing and a small fracture, I have already had an injection in the spine but still not able to return to work .
I started working at listers Landrover droitwich 2 and a half years ago, i thought I had fell on my feet.....for about a week or 2! DO NOT work here!! They will make promises that they do not keep. They will manipulate you, they will try and have your pants down over anything if your face doesn't fit! They have a 90% staff turn over rate for a reason, don't waste your time with these joker's!
I started at listers 8 months ago. Since then as a trainee service advisor I didn't receive training until month 5. I was told I did brilliant on the training. Well today I got sacked and told I did OK.on thetrainung Very cloak and dagger management. - Listers SEAT Coventry
Working at Listers Vw was generally ok to begin with. One thing I did learn is that the company has a high turn over of staff. If your face doesn’t fit within the business do not expect to last very long.

Hours are also really long and don’t expect to have a lunch break. No support or appreciation from management team especially the Aftersales Manager. when you complain or voice your opinion expect your job to be made much more difficult.

Avoid at all costs, even if it’s a last resort it’s generally not worth it.
You'd get shouted at for not being quick enough although you'd be doing things. No help ar encouragement from management, colleagues and the aim would be to to hit daily budget targets not really concerned about the customer
High turnover of staff mainly due to the Service Manager. Thinks he actually runs the company don't actually know anyone that wants to work here. Would be a decent place and morale would be increased if Service Manager left (fingers crossed)
Enjoyable work but can get repetitive, No knowledge of cars or servicing was needed as all training is provided, Normally a routine shift pattern as dealership is open between 8.00am-6.30pm along with scheduled Saturday requirements.
Cons
Shift work
Even though you are told that you work a 5 day week, the managers make you feel bad for taking days off. They arrange collections with customers on your day off and guilt you into going in to see the customer. Sales events are held and everyone has to cancel days off as it is all hands on deck. Your pay is salary and commission so extra hours don’t always pay more money.
Despite the extremely bad health and safety ie lack of ear plugs and clear walkways through the work shop.

The supervisor in the assembly room is extremely rude name calling and a bad attitude towards the employees especially the new ones.

The company it’s self has a good reputation for quality work. And both MDs are very friendly.

And you will be expected to buy your own tools on minimum wage that’s very unlikely to increase.
No aircon in summer
No heating in winter

No lunch breaks

No job security for 2 years service

Changeable pay plans

Little support

Terrible director with power complex
I have been working for Listers for more than 2 years now and I am not at all satisfied with the management and work life overall in that place. High demands of impossible targets to be met daily with no support at all
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Team management
Within my time working alongside Listers I have not only enjoyed and had the benefit of working within a structured and energetic environment but also proud to have been allowed to progress within my role, Listers openly encourages internal training promotion and support.
Pros
Training and managment support
Cons
The group has a great culture and a vast range of different benefits, including company car (role dependent) where you can get to drive a brand new car all the time.
Pros
Culture, Benefits e.g. company car
Cons
Not much to say here
Very demanding workplace and not very good management.
Enjoyable getting to see new cars and being able to go up and down the country delivering the cars.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Listers Group Limited. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8