Linklaters Employee Reviews

Great experience of law firm
Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Liverpool Street Station, Greater London28 June 2019
Provided experience of working in a law firm under associates, which allowed in depth understanding of what working at a top firm entails including the challenges and why people enjoy it.
Pros
Easy travel
Intense workplace
Wlrk experience (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 June 2019
As it was work experience, I was able to learn new skills and adapt to new settings. I learnt how to adapt my skills to varying fields of work with different people.
Good Overall
Document Review Lawyer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 October 2018
Work was interesting and we were treated well. Management was generally good although it was clear that certain people were favoured without then having done anything to deserve it. Promotions to second level review were arbitrary.
Pros
Great food
Cons
Low pay
The firm produces high quality work but the culture needs improving
Pathfinder Scheme (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London6 June 2018
I was impressed by the credentials and high profile of such an international firm. Everyone who I spoke to appeared professional and friendly, contributing to what seemed like a welcoming culture. However, I think that strong improvements should be made on the diversity of the firm from my limited experience of there. I rarely encountered ethnic minority members in my day at Linklaters, excusing the Diversity officer. Also, though the firm seemed more diverse in terms of gender diversity compared to racial diversity, I feel that more work could be done to improve this. The firm could hold more regular events to empower and recruit women at the firm and provide better opportunities for women returning from maternity leave to continue to advance their careers.
Productive company amazing opptunities
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London5 May 2018
Great place to work the environment is very professional and can offer great career opportunities, there are a huge range of different departments and is great place to build up office skills and working on meeting deadlines.
Pros
Restaurant downstairs, mini kitchens on all floor for refreshment
Cons
A large work load and very busy
Productive workplace
Intern (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London23 May 2017
People were friendly and willing to help out. Supportive environment and welcoming people. Work was not as interesting as expected but employees were helpful.
Excellent place to work
Consultant (Current Employee) –  London27 March 2017
A great place to work.
Fantastic support from the partners
Firm but fair management style
Freedom to get on with your job knowing the support is there for you
Pros
Gym, Doctors, Dentist, Canteen
Very Challenging yet very productive in Learning
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  London11 February 2017
Linklaters was our client; I got an opportunity to work at their head office in London for close to 3 months, the work was very fast paced, lots of challenges, worked for many late hours. Some of the work can get very hectic, however very supportive management.
Pros
Great amenities, Great place to work, Rewarding
Cons
Long hours, Challenging, Fast Paced
Productive and good place to work
Service Desk Assistant (Current Employee) –  London20 October 2016
Busy working environment dealing with day to day needs of a thriving legal practice. Meeting a diverse range of people from both the legal practice and business services
Productive and enjoyable atmosphere
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  London27 May 2016
Staff are very friendly and approachable and everyday was a blast. I learnt how to create articles, how to work successfully in a business environment and how to work efficiently under deadlines.

I was managed by my supervisor who was incredibly helpful in showing me the ropes and guiding me when I got into a problem. She was very friendly, chatty and easy to get along with, very approachable. If I had a question, or I didn't understand something she wouldn't get frustrated or annoyed she'd repeat it again and help me to understand.

The co-workers were also very kind and friendly, they engaged with me in the office and where all exceptionally kind, I felt right at home.

The most enjoyable part of the job definitely has to be the work environment, everyone in the office were phenomenal and were very polite.
Pros
Hour lunches
Excellent time management (Former Employee) –  London20 February 2016
Eye opening: during my work experience I was made to repair broken links. Alongside that role I was given the task of organising 100 profiles within 2 hours and managed to do so within an hour. The experience enhanced both my team working and communication skills, it enabled me to work under pressure within a specific given time. It provided me with how to communicate with both workers and customers as I would attend meeting with colleagues.
Pros
Variety of lunches
Cons
Productive and fun workplace!
Administrator (Former Employee) –  London, ENG20 July 2015
This was my first work experience where I worked for a whole year. the tasks involved using a lot of ICT and going to meetings. This therefore allowed me to enhance my communication and ICT skills.
Pros
working in a perfessional environment
Cons
i only worked once a week so less working hours!
Fantastic experience at top institution
work experience and attended seminars (Former Employee) –  London6 July 2015
Linklaters, was a fantastic institution to experience. The organisation was hugely professional and it demonstrated the importance of communication and persuasive skills in order to be successful at that job, but also with what other jobs may require.
Pros
Free insight to top quality institution
Cons
prolonged hours
Busy and Sociable work environment
Online Content Team Support Assistant (Current Employee) –  Barbican, ENG6 April 2015
A typical day at Linklaters for me was to attend live meetings, conference calls, events with other companies and amend broken links for the companies internal website. I have been placed there as part of my course, to work with the online content team as a trainee.

I have learned many skills, such as IT skills, basic administration skills and social skills. The attributes I already posses are the IT skills, however working with the online content team has helped me develop these skills as I have learnt how to work with new software's, such as Microsoft excel.

The management at Linklaters, is well structured as everything is set in its place, meaning that each department deals with different areas that brings the business together. Although, it is a Law firm it also has various other departments within the building, which is not only based around the Law firm but other activities too.

The very first day I had been put with the OCT (Online Content Team), I was welcomed into a friendly atmosphere full of people who were willing to help me and make me feel comfortable in the work enviroment. My office has four people in one room, which is useful as the less people there are it is more easier to concentrate. It is not always completely quiet but during busy schedules everyone is business with the tasks they are given.

The hardest part of this job role was finding myself around the building, as it is a huge building that has two entrances. However, after a few weeks I managed to find myself around the building and get to all my meetings on time.

The most enjoyable
  more... part of the job was going to the events that are usually held by the Linklaters company itself and sometimes by other companies. The reason I enjoyed this is become it helped me to become confident and comfortable with speaking to new people.  less
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Long Hours
It was only a temping job
Legal Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  london29 September 2014
This was a temping role so no much to says but nice fancy offices huge law firm.
Terrible place to work.
Cleaners (Former Employee) –  South east3 April 2014
I think its good you have decided to employ Managers under the name of Problem Managers as this company has lots of problems. Mainly due to the incompetant Managers and cleaners they employ. Cleaners attitudes and supervisors need to be monitored. Especially in your South East Medway, Gravesend areas. Time cleaners work needs to be monitored as they are doing what hours they feel like,and leaving work when they feel like it. Cleaning Supervisors need to be more experienced and not to be allowed to carry on when they have undergone a period of suspension, as i know one person has been. Appraisals would be a good idea for all staff to stop work quality slipping. More attention needs to be paid to these areas. Make Iss a happier company to work for and im sure it will go far.
Pros
Cons
Staff Bickering and bad behaviour.
Large Law firm with a lot of opportunities
Cashiers Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, UK21 January 2014
As a Cashiers Assistant my day would start by reconciling our bank accounts to make sure the books balance with the bank. Throughout the day I would make sure all payment requests went through as requested and deal with any client/office account queries that may occur.

This was my first role with an insight into finance so I learnt how to deal with high value payments, different types of software and working closely with all hierarchy of staff.

I worked with 3 other colleagues in this role and within my time there we had 2 new members of staff. This resulted in me sharing my knowledge and training the new members even though I had not been in the role too long myself. I built a good relationship with all my colleagues as it was important to all work closely and communicate when we had large payments to process. I also built a good rapport with my supervisor and manager especially when it was time to complete the main yearly audit of which I was the main contact for our auditors and their queries. I would then report back to my supervisor/manager with the conclusions and questions that I may have.

The hardest part of the job was when the solicitors were under a lot of pressure to complete on a deal which would then be passed onto us. We always tried to put the fee earner and ease and our regular clients would have full confidence that we would get the job done.

I enjoyed many parts of this job but one that stands out is completing the yearly audit with minimal breaches.
productive workplace
paralegal (Former Employee) –  London12 July 2012
Review documents. I learned new IT skills and i met good collegues. The hardest part of job was understand properly english language.