Linkage Community Trust Employee Reviews

very nice place to work
Volunteer Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln12 November 2018
the staff were lovely .shop very busy but sometimes needed more organising.we had lots of donations and it was difficulty in storing and sorting it all.
Pros
10% discount
Cons
prices were high for a charity shop
Great Place to Work
Support worker full time (Current Employee) –  Spilsby, Lincolnshire7 November 2018
A typical day is worthwhile and busy. The day goes so quick.
I have learned such a lot and have enjoyed being with the clients and the team. Every day is different.
The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing my co-workers happy and the clients happy.
Pros
A busy day helping clients
Excellent
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lincoln9 August 2018
I loved to work as a Health Care Assistant. I want to start again as a Health Care Assistant. I loved everything about it. I love to help other people.
Students and Service Users are Rewarding
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Grimsby24 July 2018
I worked with a diverse range of young vulnerable adults both in a college and residential setting. My duties include supporting students get to lessons on time and to assist with set tasks in a variety of lessons including drama, art, ICT, English and maths. Whilst in a residential setting I help students perform their daily tasks, including washing, cooking, personal care and leisure activities.
Pros
Helping other people
Cons
Can be a challenging environment
Challenging place to work - culture needs improvement
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Spilsby, Lincolnshire17 May 2018
Always very busy and very little or no support from senior management. Quite a negative workplace culture with staff who are tired.

The clients are the people that make Linkage great, unfortunately not always the senior management however I think they try their best (I acknowledge management isn't easy).
Friendly place to work
Indepence tutor/Support worker (Former Employee) –  Grimsby10 April 2018
Every day is different. Great fun working with the students, although can be hard work and challenging. Lots of training so you know what is expected of you and friendly staff if you do need support.
Pros
Great working with the students
Cons
Low pay
Social care worker
Social Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Spilsby17 September 2017
Lovely place to work amazing staff great opertunities prodividing amazing support for people with learning difficulties. Loved working here. Great training
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
Long shifts
Rewarding but lacking
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toynton All Saints, Lincolnshire30 June 2017
Although a thoroughly enjoyable experience working for this company, the management did seem to be lacking in leadership skills and compassion. Was made redundant as company slowly dissolved due to refusal to change with the times or to listen to the staff.

The day to day experience of the job was very positive and rewarding.
Pros
Rewarding career
Cons
Management lacked compassion
Rewarding environment
Support Staff (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire24 May 2017
Linkage have (and still are) going through changes in their management structure from CEO down..

These changes are making a positive difference for majority of the staff, though the company does still struggle with recruitment in some areas.

I find Linkage a friendly place to work, the majority of the staff are helpful and positive. Salaries are often well below market rate, and often recruitment (in some areas) struggle due to this.

Interacting with the clients is very rewarding and Linkage deliver excellent support.

Overall a good place to work, some staff will give a negative outlook, but changes being made look to be very positive for the future of Linkage
Loved my job
Learner Support Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toynton All Saints, Lincolnshire18 May 2017
I loved working at linkage it was the best job I ever had and I only left due to redundancy risk and I couldn't risk it. The client and other staff were a pleasure to work with
Pros
Fab atmosphere
Cons
A little unorganised
Absolute nightmare
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire26 April 2017
If you enjoy being abused both by staff and the clients then this is the job for you, bullied by management, nobody cares about you there, very poor workplace, would recommend never working with this company, often had to do 12 hour shift with no breaks, DO NOT WORK WITH THIS COMPANY
Pros
Cons
Great way to lose weight as you never get to eat anything
Awful!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Rather not say24 April 2017
Hate my job! I work with untrained, unskilled, unqualified neanderthals . Nobody is professional, we're all treated like cattle. Never know what you are doing from one hour to the next- things constantly changing with no apologies. Linkage think they own you.

Pay is awful for the toll on home life...the shifts are 12.5 hours long- plus travelling. You get pestered to work overtime even though you can already be working 50 hour weeks.

No management, no deputies, no support. Nobody gives a fig about you as long as you turn up to work.

Cliquey and everyone has relatives working for Linkage so it's unprofessional.

I honestly hate my job and so do all my colleagues. Minimum wage for this?

I'll be off as soon as I can.
Pros
Cons
Long hours. Minimum wage. Untrained staff. Nepotism. Juvenile 'management'.
Making a difference to the lives of people with disabilities
Manager (Current Employee) –  Toynton All Saints, Lincolnshire24 April 2017
A challenging and multi faceted place to work. Plenty of opportunities to grow and learn.
Whether it's care or education or training and supporting services there are many roles to choose from in this large regional employer.
The true strength of the business lies in the fantastic staff and the clients whose amazing stories you will become a part of if you work here.
Don't get me wrong, there is a lot of hard and sometimes challenging work that goes on with long hours and travel involved in some cases, and as a charity, the pay isn't always that great (although comparable regionally) but it is an extremely rewarding and purposeful place to work if authenticity is what you are looking for.
Pros
Great people and clients, every day is different, rewarding and authentic
Cons
Average pay scales, can be challenging if you are not committed.
Fantastic Service Users
IT (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire17 March 2017
Fantastic Service users. Linkage community trust has many staff who work for the service users. Seems to be an issue with funding, not all managers are supportive.
Pros
service users
Cons
some management
Lack of communication
Community Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Alford, Lincolnshire14 January 2017
There is certainly a lack of communication between all staff which is very frustrating for both staff and their clients

Awkward hours of work and lots of travel
A frustrating place to work
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln24 June 2016
Long hours, minimum wage, mobbing, favouritsm!
There is no communication between management and staff lots of unexperienced staff with poor attitude towards collegues. Company is not able to recruit enough staff so most of the shifts are covered by agency
Cons
long hours, minimum wage, mobbing, favouritsm!
very worthwhile on a personal level
senior community support worker (Current Employee) –  based in louth22 June 2016
a typical day involves me driving from grimsby to louth or skegness where i would normally support 6-8 clients a day. dependant on their level of support this may be from 30 minutes to 7 hours. it may involve starting in louth then going to mablethorpe then on to skegness before returning home.

my shifts are normally 12.30 hours excluding travel
Pros
very rewarding work with clients
Cons
lots of distance travel
Charitable Organisation for people with Learning difficulties and disabilities
Assistant Principal and Nominee (Current Employee) –  Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire5 May 2016
Linkage are currently going through another restructure and redundancy programme for the 5th time is 6 years due to continual changes in senior management and cuts to education and health and social care funding and ultimately the localism agenda where young people that have learning difficulties or disabilities do not enjoy the same social mobility or choice for where they chose to access their further education options. Linkage College currently has a grade 2 Good Ofsted. The young people and staff are the most committed learner and staff force I have ever had the pleasure to meet and work with and I have been blessed to have been a part of the education team and our learners graduation ceremonies which are the most fulfilling and emotional experience. Witnessing our learners achieve way beyond theirs or their parents expectations. We dream big and we achieve big things together.
Pros
clients and learners
Cons
Long hours, understaffed, low wages
Support worker
Community Support Worker and Key worker (Current Employee) –  Lincoln13 February 2016
for a first time job, it has given me all the experience I require to move forward in my goals. day to day is never the same, getting to support each client and helping them in what they require. the deputy's are always there if you need them and have an issue.
Pros
valiable experience
fun place
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Grimsby, ENG8 September 2015
fun place with supportive mnagement. The most enjoyable side of working for this company is the collegues and clients.
Pros
free lunches
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Linkage Community Trust. Our community is ready to answer.

Linkage Community Trust Reviews by Location