Lincolnshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust Employee Reviews

Avoid, waste of time!
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire15 November 2019
Super hard to get a job with them, high turnover as managers have ridiculous expectations. Relatively low pay for what they expect you to know. No chance of promotion or career development as managers are happy for you to stay where you are. I would urge any one reading this not to apply for any of their jobs. It's just waste of time and it is really not worth it in the long run.
Avoid the IAPT Roles
Wellbeing Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire13 September 2019
I worked in the IAPT service.
I had a supervisor who as incompetent and a bully.
This supervisor failed to keep up to date with the latest teaching, or recommended protocols for interventions. This supervisor would give instructions that were not relevant to the course we were studying and were related to the university the supervisor had studied at 4 years previously. This supervisor would tell her trainees in public in front of a witness, that they were here to support them if they needed help. However, when her trainees requested her help, she was always too busy and dismissive. On more than one occasion this supervisor changed the date and time of a mental health intervention group because she wanted to go to a gym class. Not caring about the impact of this on her trainees and the people who were attending those classes.

This supervisor reduced all of her trainees to tears, lost trainees work, attended clinical skills, and case management sessions with her trainees late. She would then blame the trainees and state that they were the ones who could not present the cases correctly. This supervisor left her trainees with old and outdated worksheets, and group handouts to use for a group session. When complaints were made about the group, and this was uncovered the trainees were told off, and the supervisor who should have been overseeing the trainee criticized the trainees publicly.
When one of the trainees after months of what can only be described as chronic, poor, bullying supervision sessions contacted management to discuss various issues. The trainee was told
  more... by the service lead, " I am n not going to allow you to call him/her a bully, As I trust her/her and I put her in the position.
Simply put if you want to work for a nepotistic company, allows bullying, and fails to investigate things properly this is the trust for you. If you want to be treated with respect and dignity looks somewhere else.
Best place I've ever worked
Current employee (Current Employee) –  County wide13 July 2019
LPFT is a wonderful place to work and I'm really shocked to see such reviews about it.

It is an innovative trust with staff and management constantly striving to provide the best care for patients'

The pharmacy department is also a brilliant department and really deserve awards for their brilliant patient centered care and approach for all of the wards and teams!
Management Un-Supportive and Bullying
Office (Former Employee) –  Lincolnshire13 June 2019
Considering it is a mental health trust they do not support mental health within their teams and employee's. Management bleed the trust of their money, people in the fields and lower paid roles work hard and never get any recognition nor fairly paid for it. They make more and more roles in higher paid roles and then promote their friends etc 100% if your face fits. They put so much pressure on the staff to perform and its too much workload for the amount of people.
Pros
Cons
Massive workload
Management a joke
Training and IT (Former Employee) –  Sleaford, Lincolnshire16 May 2019
Management totally unsupportive. Very high staff sickness rates with staff off with stress. Very miserable place to work. Know many people who felt the same and left.
If I could give less than 1 I would.
Pros
Cons
Bad for your health!
No support whatsoever
Administrator (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire19 March 2019
No guidance, no training and no support during the probationary period. If a new employee fails to meet their expectations they would rather sack them than help them achieve their potential. No caring for the carers in this shambolic organisation.
Pros
Cons
No support
Non-Executive Director (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire3 February 2019
Mainly in meetings or visiting Trust premises to meet staff and patients. Culture has improved over the last few years and the CQC rating has moved from 'Requires Improvement' to Good' with a rating of 'Outstanding' for 'Well Led'.
Hard work.
NHS Pen Pusher. (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire19 January 2019
No two days are the same so there is no 'typical work day', I have learned to be flexible, adaptable to change, learn new methods of working.

Judge my work capabilities, adjust them to work in with targets, KPI dates and other team members.

The Management team expect a lot from staff, including decision making outside of their Job Role, necessary for job continuation.

The hardest part of the job was to obtain unachievable targets without full staffing in place. It placed stress upon all levels of staffing.

Working with all levels of staff, seeing people achieve what they thought would not be possible. Working within a diverse team, hard work but Job Satisfaction and person focus kept you getting up and keep going for others not just for the money.
Pros
Job Satisfaction, working for others, it's not all about money.
Cons
Long Hours, Targets, KPI's
Bullying and blame culture
Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Skegness, Lincolnshire6 December 2018
I worked for LPFT for 8 years in the Community Mental Health Team and then the IAPT service.

Over that period I witnessed incompetence, inefficiency, bullying and poor service provision.

I had to compromise on my ethical stance on a daily basis as clinical decisions were taken away from me and I was continually made to work with service users that were inappropriate.

When service users didn't reach 'recovery', staff were put under pressure by managers. (If 30 - 40% of your case load is inappropriate for your particular intervention, It becomes a real challenge to provide the necessary support that is likely to lead to 'recovery'.)

If you are a genuine, compassionate caring practitioner hoping to help your patient for the highest good, I advise you NOT TO WORK FOR THIS TRUST.

If you are career minded and willing to become friends with the right people,you can progress further into the mire, but at what cost to your own self esteem and self respect?

Think long and hard before working for this Trust.
Pros
Secure work
Cons
As above
Sound colleagues and expectations
Bank Health Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sleaford27 August 2018
Excellent people to work with, great team, management and proactive about developing staff. Always hours available to work to fit around your home life. Loving it!!!
Pros
Great pay, team and working conditions
Cons
IT systems aren't always reliable
Poor management
Cpn (Former Employee) –  CMHT24 June 2018
After working with my team for a few years now, it appears to be broken, there are certain people who have been allowed to behave in very negative ways without being brought to task. Staff morale is poor, management seem only interested in getting to the top of the game not about appropriately managing situations. There is a strong culture of bullying, which is ignored and allowed to permeate through teams as managers also foster this bullying attitude. Terrible trust to work for, the chief executive has no sense of reality here , disconnected management believe they are doing well on the basis of poor management reporting all is well. I would like to tell you that it isn’t and that your promotion processes are incompetent and do not reward the people that can actually do the job!!!!
Pros
Cons
As above
Supportive and friendly team
Assistant Psychologist (Current Employee) –  Grimsby, Lincolnshire6 January 2018
Grimsby camhs service is a pleasure to work for. The team are very supportive of one another and it is a kind and friendly workplace. I have been supported in staying within the service based on a temporary contract. I have been offered further opportunities to develop within the service also. Management are approachable and there is good team dynamics with the Core, LAC, LD, and crisis team located together. I have enjoyed working here.
Pros
Development opportunities.
Unsafe
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lincoln, Lincolnshire2 December 2017
Don’t do it get left for hours when your supposed to be shadowing staff! Your expected to do online training with no help. Manager doesn’t engage with you at all and you get moaned at for going to the toilet.
Pros
Nothin
Cons
New starters left in vulnerable positions