Lincolnshire County Council

Lincolnshire County Council Employee Reviews

United Kingdom79 reviews
I have really enjoyed working for this organisation however it takes a long time for the decision process and senior management are not as future focused as most other Local Authorities.
Typically screening Safeguarding concerns sent into LCC. Deciding if they met the threshold for investigation and allocate accordingly. Any decision not to investigate had to be evidenced.
Thoroughly Enjoyed working within Lincolnshire county council, welcoming colleagues and able to get on well with the teams and social workers within the teams that I worked in
Lincs is well managed and wants to build on its reputation as an outstanding authority. This can mean very high workloads with large areas meaning travel time can be high.
Most jobs are about working well with your line manager.
The managers are so KPI focused that the day to day elements get missed of forgotten. Managers tend to have their own little clicks which tend to leave other members of their team feel left out.
Supportive management and great place to work. Great work life balance and plenty of holiday and local government pensiom scheme. I love my job people are friendly and work is varied and a great team of people
I would collect van from a depot do necessary vehicle checks go to post room to collect mail for deliveries. deliver and collect mail to local schools in Lincolnshire probably about 40+ drops a day
On return drop off mail pouches parcels to post room

Return van to depot clean if necessary
Thoroughly enjoyed working as a part of the H&S Team at LCC. Very well managed. Sensible workload, excellent working conditions / reporting process.Very good communication within team / from Manager.
Would like to stay, but contract position.
LCC is a great place to work. Very varied role and much knowledge gained. LCC operate a grading salary system which is fair to each employee, with a chance to achieve a pay increase annually.
Unwritten ground rules, absolutely no voice with management, racist comments (pikey is a favourite) knock 'em down and build 'em up supervision tactics.
Respect has to be earned, by you, not the established crew.

There are some good elements but overall, unless you're one of the 'in' crowd you are treated appallingly.

I am so relieved to be out of it.
As a Professional I feel a little over supervised than is necessary for my experience.

Most colleagues are friendly and supportive.

A very large area to travel across.
After 12 years I had to get out. Salary regularly wrong, had to use MY car for work but mileage amounts reduced. Lower grades for same job than some other authorities. Could not recommend.
Pros
Loved working with students
Worked there for approximately 9 years. Staff were friendly. Work was quite stressful at times but lucky enough to have good management and work colleagues.
Worked within Business Support for just under 2 years. I have to say this is the worst environment I’ve worked in. Senior management have no clue at the treatment of business support, just expected to follow like sheep. It is very hard getting out of business support too, few opportunities, no progression and don’t get me started on the amount of meetings that need to be covered (a lot could be wrapped up quite quickly and so much time is wasted on these).

Definitely treated differently to Service colleagues who get to pick and choose where they want to work to suit their personal needs, for example at home but business support aren’t allowed this flexibility.

Definitely a relief to get out, although the people were nice, just the environment and working conditions archaic!
Pros
People
Cons
Senior management, working conditions, too many unnecessary meetings, unbalanced wages
Lovely staff to work with and great flexibility with work hours, timings etc...
Management able to really listen concerns and come up realistic solutions that work
Working for serco to be precise, not enough training at the start as quick to get you started. I struggled as all my previous job roles begun with great training and got me ready and prepared for my roles and I was good and confident.

I felt let down and had low self esteem working with serco unfortunately but this is my personal experience
Pros
Great working environment at the county council
Cons
Training
great opportunities and supportive team. often felt management were working towards diferent criteria but understood they had targets to meet and boxs to tick
Pros
opportunities for training were good
Cons
felt that my voice was not heard
Working for the public sector was for the most part rewarding, however there is an extremely poor culture throughout Lincolnshire County Council. Management of staff is extremely varied, allowing for large transgressions to go undisciplined.
Pros
Rewarding, in terms of satisfaction gained from providing good service to th public.
Cons
Frustrating staff performane issues.
culture is supportive
bureaucracy can be frustrating but that is the same for all local government

austerity means difficult funding decisions are impacting upon many services resulting in numbers of staff reducing significantly
Pros
work/life balance
Cons
bureaucracy
Relaxed working environment.
Everyone is approachable and willing to help out and get you settled.

I never knew how many people worked at the council until i started, it got really confusing to begin with. So many fingers in pies
Nice environment to work, no pressure to get things done straight away. Management where approachable and easy to get on with.
Good mixture of leaderships, values, traditions, beliefs, interactions, behaviours and attitudes. I didn't feel that there was any hard part of my job, just not quite enough to do, the most enjoyable part of the job was the staff I worked with they where very pleasant and easy to get on with.
Pros
Decent hours
Cons
Not always able to leave the building
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lincolnshire County Council. Our community is ready to answer.