Lifeways Group
Updates from Lifeways Group:

Lifeways Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom976 reviews
Featured review
Lifeways Group selected this as a representative review
Great company to work for
I have worked for Lifeways for just over 5 years now, my first question when my interview come to a end was: what is the progression like within the company? The answer was there is loads. I have now moved up to teamleader for over 2 years now and I am now applying for a service managers position (hope I get an interview) The rewards are great when surporting service users with their day to day lives. Seeing them make their own decisions on a day to day basis makes me smile. Your pay isn't the great but hey money isn't everything and I did not come into this job for the money. I came into the job to make a difference, to help surport vulnerable adults in the community. If your wages are wrong this could be the case of a minor error which I have found the management very helpful and corrected very quickly. The hours are what you choose to do when rotas go out. I've never had a problem. If anyone chooses to come to Lifeways I think you will find a very rewarding and fulfilled job with good friendly teams in each service, and a good team of management (Sunderland office).
Pros
Service users quality of life
Cons
Sometimes don't see home for a bit (my choice)
9 May 2019
Many thanks for your review. Your hard work and dedication to the values that Lifeways Group represent are greatly appreciated and fingers crossed your application to the next step up into management is a success! We look forward to hearing more about your progress within the company in future reviews.
Please avoid
Incompetence managers no back up for employees no life outside work expected work long hours for basic pay. Once your in a service your on your own, you never know when you going to be taken off. Don’t expect managers to answer phone during lock down. There are lovely service users that don’t deserve this. Management lie to cover themselves. Good for starting and getting training then look elsewhere
Avoid at all costs
I worked for this company for a couple of years.
They do not value their loyal, honest and caring employees, They only value bullies, untrustworthy and lazy employees. They turn a blind eye to the abuse of service users. They lie to families and professionals and I would never trust them with my loved ones.

I worked there with managers who stole, lied and allowed dishonest staff members to run the service whiles still high on drugs and drunk from previous night.

Again stay clear of Lifeways because even whistle blowers are unheard when trying to protect service users and no actions are taken.
Disgusting company!
I worked here for just over a year. The company doesn’t give any consideration to its employees if anything happens with a person your supporting attacking you it’s your fault there is no support from management whatsoever. The people I supported where treated like animals. You do something nice for them or change something and you get told you can’t do that and when you do it the there’s no thank you or appreciation for the people you support. There’s no reward for working hard. It must be great to work nights because the night staff I worked with just Slept all night! The company just cares about the money it’s making and not the actual people it should be supporting. Your paid minimum wage there’s no bonuses! At some points staff where asked to do 36 hour shifts being a day, night and day again! Be prepared to be working 60 hour weeks! Staff all talk behind each other’s backs.
Pros
Feeling sometimes like you have actually achieved something
Cons
Managers don’t support there staff even area managers, Everything is your fault if something happens they don’t listen to your side of things at all!
Fun workplace
I am very pleased to be offered this job and really can’t wait to start thank you so much I would be a great team member to your team and I’ve had experience in all this before with my little brother and sister with their learning disabilities
General Review
I was able to become level 2 medication trained.
Always new training available online.

The most enjoyable part of the job was supporting the individuals.

Management wasn't supportive at some services.
Pros
Most employees worked as a team
Cons
Poor Management
Terrible
Where to start.... went to an interview at one service and it was the worst experience ever, there was 2 women interviewing me, 1 sat on the phone talking about customers in front of me & the other looked at me like I was something she stood in, I had a friend who worked at that service and they had recently had a disagreement, was there about 15-20 mins and to no surprise didn’t get the job! Was offered an interview at a different service, I went and was sat in an empty flat for around 1.5 hours as the other interviewer hadn’t turned up, once I got into the interview I gave the same answers as the previous interview and surprisingly was offered the job straight away, I then waited months for them to get sorted! Did the training which was ok, once I started at my allocated service it soon became apparent that you was pretty much on your own, the manager was never there and if it wasn’t for the staff the place would fall apart, you didn’t get any recognition for doing anything good, didn’t even get the right pay most months, I stuck it out for 14 months to get the experience, I left over 10 weeks ago, still waiting for my holiday pay and my P45, keep getting lied to day in, day out, the only thing this company care about is money!!
Interview
I had a telephone interview due to Covid19 restrictions. It was a fantastic interview where the interviewer went out of their way to put me at ease. When I faltered over one of the questions they explained it to me in a different way. Very warm, positive and encouraging. Honest about the potential difficulties in the job. It was a successful interview so I'll be starting soon.

My comments about the salary are not aimed at Lifeways Group as they are no different to any other employer in this sector. It is really expressing my disgust that people who look after the most vulnerable in our society, doing jobs that so many wouldn't want to do or wouldn't be capable of doing - and yet they are on the lowest pay possible. Shame on the people of power
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lifeways Group?
Absolute joke of a place
Management were a joke. Dont train staff to appropriate level allowing them to do job.you will get treated poorly specially if reporting safeguarding ! The staff will gather and talk horrible about service users ,management and other staff but are very sly and suck up to them. They will leave you with little confidence and feeling horrible about yourself. It's not worth the time hassle or money to hear some of the comments that they all make regarding service users and how they faking any illness or learning difficulties or even mental health and that they dont deserve to be there. Even commenting about someone being lazysome of the
Okay.
The best part of this job and this company are the service users. The pay is minimum wage with 0 qualifications and 10p extra if you are qualified. Management cares very little for their staff and i do not see that changing at any point.
Pros
The Service Users.
Cons
There isn't enough space to begin with this companies flaws.
Shocking
Bend over backwards for the company with no appraisal.
Staff retention is poor. Feel sorry for service users having so many different people in and out of their lives/homes.

Seeing them happy made the job worthwhile.
Disappointing
All of the 1star reviews for this particular service have summarised what i would say. A good opportunity - in that no experience was required, but it does not balance the good and bad.
The good news is that support workers are very helpful, but they deserve to be listened to and respected. The most enjoyable part of the job is assisting to peoples requirements and giving the support they need.
Avoid worse place I have ever worked
Blind leading the blind. No training. Like been back at school. Spying. Lying. Cover ups. Say no more. This place is hideous. Constant statements made against staff. Like working for cid. Horrid place
Shocking place to have worked
Terrible place. Have a list as long as my arm with what I could put. Was a shame that the place closed. Wouldn't have got to that stage if it was took over by somebody that actually cared.
Pros
Forming good professional relationships with the service users
Cons
Management, under paid, over worked, not appreciated
Very poor company to work for
Very poor company to work for unsupportive very much culture within Lifeways
Not interested in staff at all all around making money no support at all offered but staff in stressful situations then offer no support or suspend you
Very poor company
Worked for this company for 3 months and in my 8 years as a support worker worse company I have ever worked for! Bullying colleagues who think it's ok to put people down,senior who was just not very good. Manager was ok but took ages to follow up any problems. I have never felt so undervalued and bullied while working in care!
Love working here
I have worked in the peterlee unit for over four years and the individuals we support are all amazing. Management is very helpful and always willing to listen. I can honestly say I enjoy my working life in the unit both individuals and staff are great. The pay is poor and often not right but this is down to payroll not the unit. Also the rate of pay for the job is just not enough and the hours are far to long . Other than this I’m very happy working here .
Unprofessional
They have very poor communication, often not answering important enquiries or telling you things you need to know. I've found them to be disorganised and have received my shifts at midnight the day before my shift.
Pay is often wrong and there is very little support.
4 May 2020
It’s so disappointing to read your comments. We’ve been working hard to improve our rota planning so that everyone knows their working hours as far in advance as possible. Please do raise this with your manager so we can find out why things haven’t been going to plan. Your Service Manager or Area Manager should be able to help with any questions that you have and if you have any concerns, please do raise them with your Regional HR Manager.
Brutal
Such a shame its all going pear shaped. The home was great, then all office staff were replace with a bunch of friends and those in the click and it's the most dangerous place to work. Nothing confidential nothing kept safe and rules bent to suit who ever it is left right and centre. Carnt wait to leave it's terrible. The place has more suspensions than a series of top gear
4 May 2020
Please do get in touch with your Regional HR Manager to discuss your recent experiences. Confidentiality is vital for us and it’s essential that all health and safety rules are followed so we maintain the quality of care that we are known for. We’d really like to find out more about what’s changed recently and how we can resolve this. Please do remember though, if you feel that any situation in your working environment is dangerous, you must report this either to your manager or via our whistleblowing hotline immediately. We all have a duty to keep both the people we support and our colleagues safe.
Offered Employment But Later Withdrawn By Lifeways Group
I haven't worked for Lifeways Group, however, I was offered a position as Business Support Assistant, which was later withdrawn by Lifeways Group. The whole recruitment process was slow with lack of communication. It was very difficult to get hold of the HR, everytime I call it would end up going to the voicemail. It was a shock for me as I was made redundant in my previous employment, this was a double blow for me.
4 May 2020
We’re so sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your recent experience. We want our recruitment process to be a positive and professional experience for anyone who applies for a role with us. It’s important that we find the right people to be part of our team, both for us and for anyone who applies to join us. We’re lucky that we have so many skilled people who want to join us and help our organisation to run smoothly, so that we can provide the best service for the people we support.
Non professional environment
The service users are the only reason to stay, I feel there is a lot of times when management could of done a lot more for them. Most staff are great but there are a few that can get away with everything weather its falling asleep leaving shift early/turning up late. The management have clear favourites and have reduced certain staff to tears a few times. Job here = join a union
4 May 2020
The people we support must be the priority of everyone who works for Lifeways and we expect every colleague to remember this, every hour of every day. As well as being audited regularly by the Care Quality Commission, we regularly carry out our own internal inspections to ensure that the high quality of every one of our services is maintained. It’s shocking to read some of the comments that you’ve made and we sincerely hope that you raised your concerns with your Regional HR Manager or via our Whistleblowing hotline. We’ll be looking into this as a priority.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifeways Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6