Lifeways Group Employee Reviews

A warm and welcoming atmosphere.
Recovery Worker (Current Employee) –  Rochdale, Greater Manchester19 September 2018
Welcoming and very polite staff.
Great atmosphere.
The recrutment process has been an enjoyable experience. I am delighted to be part of a great organisation.
Pros
Polite and friendly staff
Cons
N/a
Changing and Growing Company
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London19 September 2018
Some of the comments on this page are slightly unfair (in my opinion) I have worked for a number of companies and I have to say I have never worked somewhere where you are paid on time and so quickly. There are comments here about not being paid correctly but I have not experience this.

Management have been slow to act previously but in the time that I have been with Lifeways I can genuinely say that 'they do care' and they 'do want to assist', there are things that are outside of everyone's control which can lead to frustration. It is everyone's responsibility within the organisation to make Lifeways the No.1 choice when looking for a Support role, sadly, at times this doesn't seem to be the ethos of some colleagues.
Pros
Flexibility, Management, Career Progression, Training
Cons
Colleagues that do not embrace change for the good of the company
Professional interview
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingstanding, West Midlands17 September 2018
Was pleased with interview and managers approach.
Was happy with job description and salary.
Looking forward to starting my career with this company
Pros
Local to me
Excellent
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Heywood15 September 2018
All the people I met were very friendly and provided a great oversight into the work I will be undertaking. The interview process was straight forward as described and they got in touch with me shortly afterwords to confirm employment.
Pros
Friendly people
Great company
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Morecambe, Lancashire14 September 2018
Don’t know yet to work here I have only just been offered a job but I’m sure that it will be a great place to work as the team members I met seemed bubbly and friendly
Pros
Breaks
not brilliant
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Lancashire13 September 2018
Days vary at lifeways some days are a joy others a nightmare. It can be a very stressful job, I learned to have more independence in myself. As staff we always felt under appreciated even though staff would cover shifts often. Management can be poor and often staff do not seem to work as a team. The shifts are very long and often rotas was only given out the week before, so it was difficult to balance personal life/ appointments.
Pros
plenty of hours if you want them
Cons
overtime if you want it or not
Rude and useless payroll and HR
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  East Croydon Station, Greater London11 September 2018
HR and Pyroll are absolutely useless and rude . No help whatsoever to sort wages or “missing” overtime hours for last few months. Team and people we support are absolutely amazing but disrespected by the company every single day. ..
Pros
People we support and Team
Cons
Payroll and HR
Produtive and easy to communicate with management
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Hinckley, Leicestershire6 September 2018
Lifeways is an excellent, easy going, care company that truly changes life. It is a good recruitment company with quality staff. My interview was excellent and the staff spoke to me calmly.
Everybody sees things differently.
Service manager (Current Employee) –  Brighton, East Sussex5 September 2018
I’ve been working for the company for over 2.5 years. I have to admit, I am very happy being employed in a growing care group that has many of opportunities for individuals who are willing to progress and work to the company’s values. I do not see myself leaving the company in the near futures.
Pros
Opportunities
Cons
Like all jobs, there are things that are out of everybody’s hands.
Awful company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Grimsby5 September 2018
Very chaotic, un-organised, unprofessional and completely un-caring attitude to care. 'Seniors' have no idea what they are doing as they have far to many jobs to do so forget everything they promised they would do for staff and they do not come out when service users are at risk! They employ anyone whether they are caring or not! Nobody checks whether staff are doing their job or not, there were some staff that did their job an cared a great deal, however it was their job to take on all the other jobs that were not done by staff that think its acceptable to come to work and just sit on sofa watching television and not interact or engage with service users. Ultimately this company is disgusting the way they treat colleagues because when you say you have done a shift the senior who asked you to do it denies the fact you done it! It's a complete joke!
Pros
Service Users
Cons
Poor Management and Lack of Support
Lifeways
Service manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London4 September 2018
Private company with some decent managers in post, however over the years loads of unprofessional and unwise changes to structure and cost cuts made it harder for operational managers to operate services in high standard.

Company does promote promotion within own ranks, however low salary on all levels attracts lower skilled workers what creates more work pressure on managers delivering quality having impact on over all delivery of care resulting in lower quality scorings and CQC rating.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
Low salary
Awful place to work
Support worker full time (Former Employee) –  Shield Row, Durham4 September 2018
Constantly being bullied from day by staff and management fobbing things off and loosing vital documents, if you are not part of the managements IT crowd you don’t matter but if you are you get away with everything.
No praise for hard work and long hours over time etc no appreciation but they are sharp to tell you about your littlest faults.
Denying things and calling staff liars.

Very high staff turn over
AVOID AVOID AVOID
Pros
Meeting people and gaining more experience
Cons
Management, bullies and liars
Can be fun at times
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bradford25 August 2018
Not a bad company to work for however the hours are really unsocialable working from 7 in the morning after not getting home until after 1130pm is a bit of a killer
Pros
Good staff team, great environment, good management
Cons
Unsocialable hours
Not a great company
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire24 August 2018
No induction, training, management support. Wages very often incorrect expenses paid sporadically.

Worked up to 16 hours a day without any acknowledgement.
Hard work- worth it!
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria24 August 2018
Fantastic staff team, that respect each other and help each other out when needed. Yes, there are long hours and the pay isn’t great but we care so that Is why we do what we do! The staff team work so hard and are a credit to Lifeways! Management isn’t that great, as thy are always busy but the Team leader always shows and understanding and helps when she can, very reliable and works hard to support her team!
Pros
Staff team! And people we support.
Cons
Pay/Long Hours
Where to start
Care Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle-under-Lyme, Staffordshire20 August 2018
I worked for the The one based on Fenton industrial eststate, and was working in a bungalow in Newcastle-under-Lyme, the training was brill very thorough, leaned a lot of things after a week training, I then started in the bungalow, there was stand in management I did not get a proper introduction, but when new starters after me started they got thorough intro etc, so things were here and there, 1 manager left to move else, the other staff were horrible to her just because she was doing her job, and an old manager came back, some of the other colleagues were b****y, talk behind you back, and report you but be nice to your face, also think that they can tell you how to work, once you find your own way of working, they claim it’s personal centred but when I found out I had a medical condition ( which included bi polar n depression like syntoms so moods Wer up and down) they just totally never taken that in to consideration and gave me the sack, if your not in with the people who work in the office or the older staff you got no chance, if you cud do the nights your treading on old staffs toes, u donthat that’s it, the meetings there was alway people arguing with each other, and was like tit for tat if u side or talk of have more of a bond with this person they all gangup on ya, then turn on you, i had staff complaining that they don’t wana work on shift with me full well knowing my condition, said I was to loud when in actual fact my personality is bubbly, outgoing why would you try to change a persons personality? Finally when having last meeting they never give me a leg  more... to stand on, no consideration for a person with good quality’s, who struggles as it is to get points out, but when ur in a room with 2 people with your back against the wall the people that don’t know you or how u work, judging you, just imagin trying to get your point out without Geting upset or mad because they aren’t seeing your point of view, so cold,
My advice, if you go there do not friend anybody do your work and go home that’s it, they’re all snakes, talk about you other staff behind their backs, it’s terible and since then Iv not had another job and have had quite a hard time as they striped me of evrything what I was.
Pros
Can train to drive house vehicle, complete you care cirt fast
Cons
Long hrs, b****y bossy colleagues, lots of paperwork, insensative managers, lack of managers, lack of introductions
Really enjoy the job
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kendal Eskdale house18 August 2018
Really enjoy the job service users are fantastic staff team a supportive dedicated team that create a family like atmosphere. Team leader approachable and understanding works a lot of hours always has time to listen and help with any concerns. Does the support with the most challenges when able to do the hands on support. The job has all the usual challenges within the care sector but I recommend the job to friends and have given overall five stars because it's been such a positive life change for me.
Pros
Fantastic service users and team
Cons
Low wage
Do not work for this company
Support Care Worker (Current Employee) –  Birkenhead, Merseyside18 August 2018
No support when things go wrong
No guarantee wages are correct.
Only care about the money not the service users and staff
inexperienced staff
no proper training
Pros
Home time
Cons
start of shift
Nice job but no faith in management.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Prenton16 August 2018
loved the service users and staff nice but didn't feel cared for by management. Always short staffed and dangerous at times. Team leaders often did not give a break in a twelve hour shift.
Pros
Lunches, friendly staff
Cons
No progression, management do not care about staff.
Not great
Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  North East15 August 2018
Tough environment and long hours with an unsatisfactory management structure. Some good staff but high turnover and not much care of staff to retain them
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifeways Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7