Lifeways Community Care Employee Reviews

Good company to work for
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 January 2018
I worked as a team Leader for 5 years, I developed a vast knowledge of Health and social care which helped me and support team to support the clients in their own homes by meeting their needs and preferences.
Pros
Company Benefits
poor company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Kendal, Cumbria22 January 2018
iv worked for lifeways and wot a poor run company
management never onsite and deputy manager unhelpful
team leader would rather sit on a chair and get people doing her work than doing it herself.
no communication at all between staff and managment as management never there only time u hear from them is if they want you to do overtime or do there paper work for them.
never enough staff everyday so staff that are in on the day are eithur double booked or triple booked which isnt fair on the service users.
very poor wages for wot we did there.
the whole complex is falling apart people have water leaking thro ceilings which has been going on for over 9months management dont seem to be sorting this out its all leftd to staff to sort everyday.
to be honest iv never known a company go thro so many staff seen alot of people come and go there in a short space ov time.
Pros
non
Cons
non
Negative atmosphere.
Support Worker/Carer (Current Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire20 January 2018
The actual work is not difficult with pleasant surroundings. However when profit drives the culture it is difficult to keep vocationally minded people. Very little financial reward for much responsibility.
Disgrace of a company
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Wales19 January 2018
If you fancy being treated with complete disrespect whilst working for an employer who puts profit before the needs of their service users then this is definitely the company for you.
Cons
Terrible 'managers', short staffed, no passion
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire14 January 2018
Job roles for this location are not advertised accurately, working here is more like a job in a secure unit but they play it down as 'supported living' to try and get the staff as they are so short.
Wage is shockingly low for what you do.
New starters come in and most of the time leave after a matter of days.
You have to work at least a 48 hour week of both days and nights and have no choice in this.
You are dealing with violent and aggressive behaviours on most days with no support from other staff or management, this can often lead to staff members getting injured, even when this happens nobody cares and you are expected to continue with your job role as normal.
No consideration for people's physical or mental health.
Staff come to work with a 'can't be bothered' attitude.
Staff are not pro- active when dealing with challenging situations, all they want to do is moan, argue and cause conflict amongst others, this often reflects badly on the Service Users and they are being spoken to inappropriately and not as it states in care plans.
Staff are very 'cliquey' and if your face doesnt fit they will do anything in their power to make your working life hard, this also includes management.
Staff are lazy and not willing to complete or support with duties such as cleaning tasks, but this is mostly down to the fact they are expected to work ridiculously long hours and have work overload!!
Staff are very rarely paid correctly each month, if you get paid at all! And when you are owed money you can sometimes be waiting months for it and have to constantly badger management
  more... for the money which belongs to you!!
Real shame, this place is massively letting their staff and most importantly Service Users down.
Pros
Provided with meals on shift (mostly sandwiches, chips, sausage or other dry foods that are not nutritious or beneficial for anyone)
Cons
Almost everything, hardly any benefits at all
Excellent friendly company
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  North London12 January 2018
I joined in July when my service was on its knees! I turned it around with the FULL support of my Area Manager and Regional Director. Very friendly team for North London and a true sense of the word ‘teamwork’.
They are supportive, flexible, friendly and Iv worked in some companies whereby I never saw my Area Manager and Regional Director for months. They speak on the phone regularly, visit regularly and more importantly praise you very often. We are like one big happy family in North London abd with the excellent care of the quality team we will succeed
Pros
Very supportive
Cons
Historical staff very resistant to change
Don't care about staff
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset12 January 2018
Whatever you do isn't recognised nor appreciated. Every month there is a muck up with wages. They literally couldn't care less about their staff or service users. It's all just numbers and pound signs to them. No support from management. Office make you feel like peasants. They don't care at all about all the times you've helped them out or been the only person to help them out, when you need a favour they can't do it for you. They take and take and give nothing back. No benefits. Just long hours and no respect
Disappointing Management
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester8 January 2018
This company is not good in the sense the management will only help and support their friends within the company.
Constant understaffed and forced to work overtime almost every shift, when payday comes it is almost constantly wrong, wage quires go nowhere even when the evidence is presented for them.
Pros
Cons
Over worked, poor management, incorrect pay, etc.
Day to day
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire3 January 2018
There is no such thing as a typical day when working in healh care, every day brings neww challenges and rewards. I have learned many things along the way, some in training but most working with individuals. I have a very good manager but feel more support could be givven and staff need to be listened to more.
I have enjoyed helping individuals live their lives the way they want and deserve.
Pros
Job satisfaction.
Cons
Long hours.
no work life balance
suport worker (Former Employee) –  Tyne and Wear3 January 2018
no work life balance
no communication between managers
minimum wage, always mistakes with wages and not rectified until the next month
constant rota changes so you couldn't plan anything
Pros
the service users could be nice to work with
Cons
everything
It's a cleaning job
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Boughton, Nottinghamshire2 January 2018
The staff here have created an unpleasant workplace, full of paranoia, mistrust and conflict. There's also an obsessional focus on domestic support, which effectively restricts service users' access to the community and turns support workers into cleaners. Don't get me started on the management.
They need to shut down
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Derby, Derbyshire29 December 2017
They treat their employees poorly and don't provide the appropriate support and training. Also the wage is extremely poor, where employees are left unable to pay their bills.
Pros
work with nice people
Cons
poor management
Lots of job satisfaction
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Chesterfield, Derbyshire24 December 2017
Since starting work for the company 6 years ago there have been many changes within the company, for the better. New Managers have turned our services around. I can only speak from my personal experience and I can honestly say I have 100% faith in my line manager. Information and advice is given when asked. Paperwork, policies and procedures are up to date. The service's that I team lead run smoothly with very few problems.
Overall a great place to work.
Pros
Job satisfaction, friendly and hardworking team, great communication
Cons
The pay, but it's the same any company you work for in this sector.
very rewarding job although can be unsociable
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Inverness, Highland23 December 2017
i have really enjoyed the experience in taking on a job where you are working directly with someone to help them get on and life happy, fulfilling, independent lives where possible.
Pros
rewarding and sense of self satisfaction
Cons
unsociable and long hours
Fun and challenging
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Walsall, West Midlands13 December 2017
Everyday is different, and never the same. Helping others is so rewarding. Yet every day is a different challenge and I love it! Its different ages and religion/culture, meeting new people and bonding with them knowing your helping them is amazing.
Pros
Its rewarding
Cons
Amazing management + great team to work with.
Community Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Poole, Dorset13 December 2017
Ive worked for Lifeways since 2015 and when i first started i did have a few issues with the company that made me think about leaving since then management has changed and the company as got so much better. We are much more informed and involved in the company as having forums to let the area manager let us know what has been going on and what ideas are going around letting us give our imput. Also a local newsletter that is very intresting to view to see what is happening in the local area and keep us all as a team so services and working with one another. The area manager + managers are brilliant and will also come into service if we are having difficulties also the team leaders are always there to listen and give you a hand when you need it and also have an oncall system 24hrs if we the support workers need anything to be sorted. The service users are great to work with and you get to know them very well working 1 to 1 and getting to know there likes and dislikes. i honestly say i cant pick up any faults with the area i work in and hope to be with the company for many years to come.
Pros
Great teams + managers
some fantastic service users
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Nottingham30 November 2017
Unfortunately this company does everything it can to make getting paid and checking the amount difficult and incredibly frustrating. The company are constantly recruiting and never have enough staff to meet their commitments because staff leave because of the management systems in place. This is not fair on staff, managers or service users.
Pros
The Clients
Cons
Pay system
Lifeways Inverness
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Inverness, Highland29 November 2017
I have worked in Lifeways Inverness for the last 3 years and I find everyone nice and helpful . This includes the team leaders and managers ,they all work together to improve the life of everyone receiving support . Management make sure they make themselves available to support staff. And make sure everyone has been fully trained . They make sure we all attend meetings and that we get regular supervision’s and are supported to do training specific for our job. Great place to work and great people to support .
Pros
Put through Svq & flexibly shifts
frustrating place to work
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester29 November 2017
most emphasis is on making profits than needs of individuals, lack of support, no staff, work the hind legs off the staff they do have, did not enjoy this job
Pros
Cons
no pros
Terrible management
Support worker (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne28 November 2017
Awful management, don’t care about the staff or service users, as long as the shifts are covered they’re happy.
No regard for family or other commitments.

Service users are wonderful, but, being taken advantage of by a company all for profit.
Pros
Amazing service users
Cons
The whole company

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifeways Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.3