Lifeways Community Care Employee Reviews

Poor management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Staffordshire16 June 2018
The job itself was very rewarding and I didn't mind the long hours, seeing the service users everyday was lovely but during my time there I realised that the majority of staff were in the job for their own benefit rather than the service users. There is also a lot of bitterness between staff and lots of "don't mention that to anyone". The management were very dysfunctional and unorganized.
Pros
Assisting service users
Cons
Management are basically impossible to get hold of.
Senior Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bradford, West Yorkshire26 May 2018
Enjoy my job role hear like home from home , service useres are lovely alway feel welcome and enjoy coming to respite the management in this respite is brilliant team leader good, other sevices ive worked at also have been good and welcomng to other staff
Pros
Relaxing evviroment
Cons
Sleep in
Not good
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Glasgow22 May 2018
I worked for these people for just over a year, service users are great to work with and I would still be there if the wages were half decent,I was making more as a Support Worker 10 years ago.If you give peanuts you get monkeys the management don't care about you your better off on the dole than in Lifeways
Pros
Service users are all nice
Cons
Money is rubbish
Poor management.
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Brighouse15 May 2018
Lack of communication between staff and management, when concerns are raised, they are not followed up or followed by the policies. Always short staffed. Service users are lovely and deserve better. Company needs taking over by CARING people!!! Personally wouldn’t recommend, I have worked for the company for over a year and do no see a future here.
Pros
Lovely tenants.
Cons
Poor management.
good company to work for
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Stafford6 May 2018
very rewarding work. knowing you are making a difference to individuals life, so they can live as normal a life as possibl within the community extensive training available
Workplace Culture
Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 May 2018
I have worked for the company for 18 months now and I have noticed a real change in Senior Management and the shape and direction that the company is taking. Personally, I feel my colleagues are supportive and care about both their staff and the service users that they support.
Pros
Senior Management there is a real drive to change and make a difference
Cons
Can't think of one
Take over was disorganised.
Accounts Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bilsthorpe, Nottinghamshire30 April 2018
Head Office in London were at times incompetent. Errors with payroll and an understaffed finance department lead to many staff being dissatisfied with low morale.
ok
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London30 April 2018
Be careful if you go here not much support for staff and expect staff to do extra hours without any thanks and then condemn you for doing them.
Not great pay rewards either
Pros
Cons
no management help
Poor
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset20 April 2018
Not much to say apart from this company should not exist. All about money, no training on meds given and managers like to smoke around service users and are general bullies. Pay is never correct and they force you to do sleep ins, some a month are fine but over 3 a week in mentally and physically draining.
Pros
Cons
Sleep ins and managment
A large company with a small family feel
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire20 April 2018
I have been working for lifeways for 2 years.

Most of the negative reviews on here need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Lifeways works to high standards and provides excellent service to their customers. I have found the staff and management to be very helpful and very friendly.

They also like to promote from within, so career progression is certain as long as you can demonstrate the company's values.
Pros
career progression, service users, new business facilities
Avoid like the plague
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire14 April 2018
The worst company I have ever worked for. Management absolutely terrible don’t Care about either service users or staff. In the 6 months Lifeways have taken over from Mencap almost all the staff have left, management lie through the back of their teeth, NEVER get wages right. I wouldn’t wish this company on my worst enemy.
Sadly I left a job I loved for over 8 years because of this company. Please DONT allow this vile company to care for your loved ones
challenging but rewarding
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester2 April 2018
support services users on all activities and to and from appointments.give medication.help with day to day cleaning showering and laundry.

ive learnt that people with disabilities cannot express pain or how they feel

the hardest part of the job is being able to understand how to read expressions

most enjoyable thing about the job is seeing services users smile
Do not work for these
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 March 2018
They are very nasty people. They pull a community apart.. Vile staff. And bullies.. I have called the police on them a few times and I heard a patient saying they have been hit
Pros
There is none
Cons
Vile people and the managers dont care.
Bullies
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear26 March 2018
They lie to their staff about why they didnt get promised rate at xmas... takes 3monrhs to sort-if ever!
Management a disgrace!..team leaders just as bad....if you are a crawler then you will get on with team leaders....
Pros
Cons
None liars
Enjoy my role
Senior Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Wrexham24 March 2018
Really good company to work for, I enjoy my role here. I have the support I need with this company. Line manager is really good. The company is making changes and it looking to improve its ethos and culture. It listens to its staff and make effort to try and change. Salary is not the best for the role I do and come be improved.
Pros
Good line manager
Cons
Salary
Horrendous
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancashire23 March 2018
This company hides so much, they always find the easiest option to every situation, this includes when a staff member is attacked when following all advice both in care plan and from Learning difficulty team and other professionals, they just move the staff member and then the cycle starts again instead of addressing the issue, they place clients together regardless of whether they get on which has never been the case in my two years with the company, staff never get any support, they contradict themselves, staff having to work 10/12 days with no day off just to get a weekend off when most team leaders and management work Monday to Friday 9-5 and weekends off to spend with their family, wages always wrong and so much more, safe yourself the stress.
Pros
Some great clients
not supportive
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester27 February 2018
this company offers no support for their staff.
the management is non existent for the support staff, i was there for a long time and i was left feeling alone and bullied on many occasions. staff are lovely and clients are amazing but the way the company is ran and their managers is terrible
Pros
Cons
lon hours no support
Lovley
Support Worker/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire19 February 2018
Great company to work for management give you full support.guys u support great. Staff friendly nice to work with. Training good. Good company to work for .
poor organisational support and communication
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire19 February 2018
the organisation was extremely profit focused, which would affect the morale of the staff team and in turn the support that was provided to the individuals supported.
Don’t work for this company!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North East11 February 2018
I love my job, I love supporting the service users, helping to make their lives better, their homes a nice place to live, but I will never work for lifeways again. Management is horrendous. Wages are disgraceful for the amount of responsibility. Discrimination all over the place. Allowing incompetent staff to look after vulnerable adults. That’s just the headlines. Awful awful awful.
Pros
Great experience working with the service users
Cons
Pretty much every other aspect of the job!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifeways Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4