Lifeways Community Care Employee Reviews

Poor
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Somerset20 April 2018
Not much to say apart from this company should not exist. All about money, no training on meds given and managers like to smoke around service users and are general bullies. Pay is never correct and they force you to do sleep ins, some a month are fine but over 3 a week in mentally and physically draining.
Pros
Cons
Sleep ins and managment
A large company with a small family feel
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Warwickshire20 April 2018
I have been working for lifeways for 2 years.

Most of the negative reviews on here need to be taken with a pinch of salt. Lifeways works to high standards and provides excellent service to their customers. I have found the staff and management to be very helpful and very friendly.

They also like to promote from within, so career progression is certain as long as you can demonstrate the company's values.
Pros
career progression, service users, new business facilities
Avoid like the plague
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Melton Mowbray, Leicestershire14 April 2018
The worst company I have ever worked for. Management absolutely terrible don’t Care about either service users or staff. In the 6 months Lifeways have taken over from Mencap almost all the staff have left, management lie through the back of their teeth, NEVER get wages right. I wouldn’t wish this company on my worst enemy.
Sadly I left a job I loved for over 8 years because of this company. Please DONT allow this vile company to care for your loved ones
challenging but rewarding
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Bolton, Greater Manchester2 April 2018
support services users on all activities and to and from appointments.give medication.help with day to day cleaning showering and laundry.

ive learnt that people with disabilities cannot express pain or how they feel

the hardest part of the job is being able to understand how to read expressions

most enjoyable thing about the job is seeing services users smile
Do not work for these
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire29 March 2018
They are very nasty people. They pull a community apart.. Vile staff. And bullies.. I have called the police on them a few times and I heard a patient saying they have been hit
Pros
There is none
Cons
Vile people and the managers dont care.
Bullies
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear26 March 2018
They lie to their staff about why they didnt get promised rate at xmas... takes 3monrhs to sort-if ever!
Management a disgrace!..team leaders just as bad....if you are a crawler then you will get on with team leaders....
Pros
Cons
None liars
Enjoy my role
Senior Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Wrexham24 March 2018
Really good company to work for, I enjoy my role here. I have the support I need with this company. Line manager is really good. The company is making changes and it looking to improve its ethos and culture. It listens to its staff and make effort to try and change. Salary is not the best for the role I do and come be improved.
Pros
Good line manager
Cons
Salary
Horrendous
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Lancashire23 March 2018
This company hides so much, they always find the easiest option to every situation, this includes when a staff member is attacked when following all advice both in care plan and from Learning difficulty team and other professionals, they just move the staff member and then the cycle starts again instead of addressing the issue, they place clients together regardless of whether they get on which has never been the case in my two years with the company, staff never get any support, they contradict themselves, staff having to work 10/12 days with no day off just to get a weekend off when most team leaders and management work Monday to Friday 9-5 and weekends off to spend with their family, wages always wrong and so much more, safe yourself the stress.
Pros
Some great clients
not supportive
Mental Health Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Leicester27 February 2018
this company offers no support for their staff.
the management is non existent for the support staff, i was there for a long time and i was left feeling alone and bullied on many occasions. staff are lovely and clients are amazing but the way the company is ran and their managers is terrible
Pros
Cons
lon hours no support
Terrible
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Inverness, Highland26 February 2018
Terrible place to work, management are shocking don't report concerns, don't lisin to the staff , area manager just as bad , avoid !!!!!!!!! , do not touch with a barge pole
Pros
Zeros
Lovley
Support Worker/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wiltshire19 February 2018
Great company to work for management give you full support.guys u support great. Staff friendly nice to work with. Training good. Good company to work for .
poor organisational support and communication
Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Buckinghamshire19 February 2018
the organisation was extremely profit focused, which would affect the morale of the staff team and in turn the support that was provided to the individuals supported.
Don’t work for this company!
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North East11 February 2018
I love my job, I love supporting the service users, helping to make their lives better, their homes a nice place to live, but I will never work for lifeways again. Management is horrendous. Wages are disgraceful for the amount of responsibility. Discrimination all over the place. Allowing incompetent staff to look after vulnerable adults. That’s just the headlines. Awful awful awful.
Pros
Great experience working with the service users
Cons
Pretty much every other aspect of the job!
It truly is not a company I would recommend working for my advice is stay well away.
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Burnley, Lancashire11 February 2018
I genuinely thought A new service with New staff and Tennants would be brilliant. The first few months looked promising, but then it all changed dramatically. Things were not done by the manager as promised, their were lies being told to staff, staff were being ridiculed behind their backs which was so unprofessional. The wrong Tennants were chosen for the service, but higher management wouldn't listen. Wages were often wrong and you would have to wait for amendments untill the following month. After nearly a year I had to leave Enough was enough. Stay clear is all I can say.
Pros
Great staff team so ready to help each other.
Cons
Long hours, Bad Pay. No over time or Bank holiday pay. We all worked for basic hourly rate.
Enjoyable and beneficial workplace
Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Workington7 February 2018
I have enjoyed working with a variety of complex needs with the service users. The staff and management are helpful and friendly with different degrees of experience in various areas some in mental health and some with learning disabilities and challenging behaviour. Overall a positive experience working for this company
Pros
Flexible shifts
Cons
Long shifts
Great company to work for
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester6 February 2018
I have worked for Lifeways for almost 2 years, I have felt well supported to progress within the company. My senior service manager and area manager have provided me with support every step of the way during my time with the company. I started as a team leader in 2016 and progressed to service manager last summer, I have completed an NVQ 3 in Health and Social Care whilst with the company and I am confident that they will provide me with a level 5 qualification to further me in my current role. I would recommend Lifeways to anybody that is looking for a long career in Health and Social Care.
Pros
Good career prospects, improving the quality of life of vulnerable adults
Cons
Long standing support staff are often resistant to positive change
Not great
Support worker (Former Employee) –  Manchester30 January 2018
Lifeways group PLC Independent Living Alliance have under staffed services with lack of presence and support from upper management. Under valued staff who have become complacent in their roles due to less than minimal incentive from the organisation and lack of training. More focus is on the revenue brought in by a service user care package rather than person centred plans and personal wellbeing. Frequent behaviour and safeguarding issues due to general unrest in the environment and poor/ lack of management. Not a very nice place to work.
Pros
Few.
Cons
Many.
Horrible management
Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire29 January 2018
Pay always wrong and take too long to sort out management in Warrington all best mates and no support at all from anywhere spoke to horrendously and if you put a complaint in nothing gets done because everyone is in everyone pockets horrible company only plus is the service users that aren’t helped enough
Avoid!
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Wirral, Merseyside25 January 2018
Unsupportive management, staff are all more concerned about gossip than care of the SUs, and it’s like a massive game of pass the parcel amongst the staff. Service users assault staff with no consequence. Staff are not recognised for their hard work. This place can literally drain the positivity out of the happiest of people. Avoid.
Pros
Rota is decent.
Cons
Everything except the rota.
Good company to work for
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Liverpool, Merseyside22 January 2018
I worked as a team Leader for 5 years, I developed a vast knowledge of Health and social care which helped me and support team to support the clients in their own homes by meeting their needs and preferences.
Pros
Company Benefits
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifeways Community Care. Our community is ready to answer.

2.4