Lifetime Training Employee Reviews

Terrible work life balance
Trainer/Assessor (Former Employee) –  Bristol14 February 2016
Unrealistic targets, rude managers and no appreciation of how hard the job is. The learners are the only good part of the job.
Pros
Good learners
23 August 2016

Thanks for your review and I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Over the past 18 months we have tried to implement a number of initiatives to hep support work volumes and caseloads as well as management development training to enhance the capability of our managers and ensure that they are supporting their teams. We continue to develop these initiatives with a view to enhancing the support we give to our colleagues.

Lifetime Training, Regional Trainer Assessor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG9 November 2015
If you are in the right area with the right manager who is supportive of you and your professional and personal development then this company is a good one to work for.
23 August 2016

Thanks for your review. With the introduction of our DNA behavioural framework and the Evolve development review process our colleagues have the opportunity to discuss with their managers their career aspirations and put in place a clear plan of how this can be achieved.

Good company, great people
South West Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG29 April 2015
Good company to work for in a fun, professional office. The job involves travelling round the local area working with local organisations in different sectors helping up skill their staff through qualifications.
23 August 2016

Thanks for your review, really pleased to hear that you are feeling positive about working at Lifetime. Our people are the key to our business and we are proud to have such a talent and dedicated team.

Assessor (Current Employee) –  London, ENG7 January 2015
- Visiting learners
- delivering functional skills
- supporting learners
- delivering hospitality qualifications
25 August 2016

Thanks for your feedback - it is great to hear that you are having a positive experience with us.

it was enjoyable
Employability skills and development (Former Employee) –  redbridge20 October 2014
helped customers workout tell them if they were doing something wrong or incorrectly i also cleaned most of the equipment that was used by customers on a daily basis.I learnt that customers like being helped and corrected even though they dont know their doing something wrong. i also learnt how to work out different part of the muscles using different equipment from customers. the hardest part of my job was the cleaning the equipment properly the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers workout and give them information.
23 August 2016

This sounds like you have either taken one of our fitness courses or been supported by lifetime through your apprenticeship???? Glad to hear that it was such a great experience and hope that you have been able to use this further in developing your career.

ok
Active Leisure Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  south yorkshire26 September 2014
this company is a good company to work for but KPI standards are set far to high
Pros
work your own diary
Cons
un realistic KPI's
23 August 2016

Thanks for your feedback and sorry it has taken so long to reply. Since your post we have reviewed all targets and caseloads and whilst there will always be a challenge we are confident that we have put in place support mechanisms which help our colleagues manage their caseloads and targets. In 2015 we introduced a structured way of working which enables all Trainers and Assessors time to plan their diaries with the support of managers and IQAs, as well as planning and 'administration' time. The introduction of remote visits has also helped to cut down on travelling time which allows for more available time to handle other tasks.

Good company, great people
NVQ Assessor (Regional Trainer) (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG6 November 2013
Good company with good people. But my role kept having KPI's changed to make it harder / more unachievable. These KPI's are dependant on learners / students, therefore not totally in control of your own KPI's. day to day was different as working with a wide range of people delivering qualifications.
Pros
flexible
Cons
too much expected
no consideration of work life balance, false promises, and poor treatment.
regional trainer (Former Employee) –  southwest england17 September 2012
Don't work for them.
Expect you to drop your whole life for them and no gratitude. Once laid off ( in their own admitance their own fault) no reference as promised.
23 August 2016

I am disappointing to hear that you had a less than positive experience. Apologies that it has taken so long to reply but we have only just started managing this company page. Since you were with the company we have worked hard to collaborate with our colleagues, gather feedback and introduce initiatives based on this information to ensure that all our colleagues are supported in their roles. We have new structured ways of working, a comprehensive appraisal and development programme, all of which are designed to support our employees in their work and their personal and professional development. The success of these measures is reflected in our year on year engagement scores from our Be Heard engagement survey which have been over 85% for the past two years.

We also ensure that all employees are provided with a reference on request, when required.

Serious work overload
Rt (Current Employee) –  Birmingham4 May 2012
You need to do 70 hours a week just to keep up with work . Management just want to make money and that is priority . Targets set way to high
Pros
bonus -
Cons
no work life balance
25 August 2016

Thanks for your feedback and apologies that it has taken so long to reply but we have only just started managing this company page. Since you were with the company we have worked hard to collaborate with our colleagues, gather feedback and introduce initiatives based on this information to ensure that all our colleagues are supported in their roles. We have new structured ways of working, a comprehensive appraisal and development programme, all of which are designed to support our employees in their work and their personal and professional development. These changes have had a really positive impact on our business and our colleagues and we have managed to improve on our ways of working and try to support people where possible. It is always going to be challenge but we feel that the work we have done and continue to enhance is having a really positive impact.