Lifetime Training Employee Review

View all Lifetime Training reviews

Long days lots of miles no rewards
Learning Support Tutor (Former Employee) –  Bristol5 April 2019
My Area Manager was brilliant, she was a great port of call, others I can’t say the same about.
You have no career progression unless you know someone in senior management and people who grade your work/assess your performance don’t have the qualifications to do so.
You spend long hours on the road through travel therefore no work/life balance.
Pros
Expenses paid
Cons
Long days/hours, lots of travel, company doesn’t take into consideration where you live, unfair/useless KPIs
17 June 2019

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback for us. I am sorry to hear your experience was not what we would expect it to be. It is a really challenging role and due the nature of visiting learners on site, it does mean that you are out and about in the field nearly every day. We are passionate about the wellbeing of our people and work/life balance is a big part of that, we promote a flexible approach to work for our people but especially our field based people, and encourage managing your diary to accommodate travel and visits so that you do not work excessive hours. The 1:1s with managers are focused on regularly checking in on people and ensuring that work loads and case loads are reviewed and managed. I am pleased to hear, however, that you had a great manager and I will escalate your feedback so that we can look in to it further.

Other Lifetime Training Employee Reviews

Poor work culture
Functional Skills Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 January 2019
The company pride themselves on promoting equal opportunities, however this is not replicated in their actions. Career progression is dependent on who you know within the organisation rather than your credentials. Internal positions are not always advertised and are assigned to individuals of their choice. Standards are poor, lot of the maths and English tutors are not even qualified or have the subject knowledge. Members of the quality team are allowed to observe and grade tutors when they do not have the basic qualifications or competencies to do so. Not recommended for individuals seeking career development. A lot of travel is required. CPD is not developmental and are just to tick a box
Pros
Expenses paid
Cons
Poor working ethics
23 January 2019

Hi. Thank you for your feedback and I am really sorry that you did not have a positive experience with us. As you have probably experienced the last 18 months have seen significant change in both the delivery of apprenticeships and how we deliver functional skills to best support our learners.

We have worked hard to try and support our colleagues through these transitions but appreciate that this level of change can create dissatisfaction and upheaval for all. We now feel that we have a robust model in place and have introduced further measures in recruiting and training our Tutors to ensure we are identifying and onboarding the most appropriate people for the role.

I would be really interested in hearing more about your feedback regarding progression, it is a concern that you feel you did not get the opportunity for career progression. I am confident that we do everything we can to ensure a culture of fairness and equity and we have clear processes and policies in place to ensure that everyone gets an opportunity to develop both personally and professionally. As a member of the HR Leadership Team we work closely with our Exec Team and our managers to embed a culture of opportunity, honesty and transparency.

I am once again sorry you feel that this was not the case and if you would like to discuss any of the issues you list above, I would be happy to take on board more detailed feedback and ensure it is addressed. My email is felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk

Great opportunities and work life balance.
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne6 January 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is working across a range of organisations and meeting new people. You are in charge of your own diary and caseload.
Pros
Annual leave and bonuses.
Cons
Can be long hours at times.
17 January 2019

Thanks for your great feedback. WE try really hard to embed a flexible approach to work at Lifetime, especially for those working in the field. wellbeing is foremost on our agenda and if are struggling with your hours, please make sure you link in with your colleagues and manager to discuss this and see what solutions can be put in place to mitigate this. You can also have a look at our Wellbeing Hub - LifeLine , there will be some advice and guidance that you would find useful.

That said it si great to hear such positivist and we are delighted that you bring this to our team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetime Training. Our community is ready to answer.

Lifetime Training Reviews by Location