Lifetime Training Employee Reviews for Tutor

Poor work culture
Functional Skills Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 January 2019
The company pride themselves on promoting equal opportunities, however this is not replicated in their actions. Career progression is dependent on who you know within the organisation rather than your credentials. Internal positions are not always advertised and are assigned to individuals of their choice. Standards are poor, lot of the maths and English tutors are not even qualified or have the subject knowledge. Members of the quality team are allowed to observe and grade tutors when they do not have the basic qualifications or competencies to do so. Not recommended for individuals seeking career development. A lot of travel is required. CPD is not developmental and are just to tick a box
Pros
Expenses paid
Cons
Poor working ethics
Official response from Lifetime Training
23 January 2019

Hi. Thank you for your feedback and I am really sorry that you did not have a positive experience with us. As you have probably experienced the last 18 months have seen significant change in both the delivery of apprenticeships and how we deliver functional skills to best support our learners.

We have worked hard to try and support our colleagues through these transitions but appreciate that this level of change can create dissatisfaction and upheaval for all. We now feel that we have a robust model in place and have introduced further measures in recruiting and training our Tutors to ensure we are identifying and onboarding the most appropriate people for the role.

I would be really interested in hearing more about your feedback regarding progression, it is a concern that you feel you did not get the opportunity for career progression. I am confident that we do everything we can to ensure a culture of fairness and equity and we have clear processes and policies in place to ensure that everyone gets an opportunity to develop both personally and professionally. As a member of the HR Leadership Team we work closely with our Exec Team and our managers to embed a culture of opportunity, honesty and transparency.

I am once again sorry you feel that this was not the case and if you would like to discuss any of the issues you list above, I would be happy to take on board more detailed feedback and ensure it is addressed. My email is felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk