Lifetime Training Employee Reviews for Trainer

Great opportunities and work life balance.
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne6 January 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is working across a range of organisations and meeting new people. You are in charge of your own diary and caseload.
Pros
Annual leave and bonuses.
Cons
Can be long hours at times.
17 January 2019

Thanks for your great feedback. WE try really hard to embed a flexible approach to work at Lifetime, especially for those working in the field. wellbeing is foremost on our agenda and if are struggling with your hours, please make sure you link in with your colleagues and manager to discuss this and see what solutions can be put in place to mitigate this. You can also have a look at our Wellbeing Hub - LifeLine , there will be some advice and guidance that you would find useful.

That said it si great to hear such positivist and we are delighted that you bring this to our team.

Great company, never felt unsupported, grew as a person and employee.
Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 November 2017
I loved my role as an RT, Lifetime were great to work for. I had a terrific, supportive and motivating manger and mentor in our team. Could always rely on help on any issue.
Lots of freedom in the role, no two days the same. Got my CAVA qualification through Lifetime which has always been a goal. Hardest part of job was chasing students for work! Most enjoyable was loving what you do - fitness and training is a passion and I loved n=being able to teach people how to become trainers, team leaders and managers.
Pros
Expenses paid monthly
Cons
Travel times
17 January 2019

Thanks for this amazing feedback. We are so glad you had such a life-changing experience

lovely place to work
Regional Trainer/NVQ Assessor (Former Employee) –  London27 June 2017
This was a very demanding and fast paced company to work for learnt a lot during my time with them however at times felt over worked and under supported and a newly qualified assessor
Pros
able to use my knowledge
Cons
very stressful
Love lifetime
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  North West30 May 2017
Varied from day to day and you actually feel you are making a difference. Both middle management and senior management will fight your corner for you.
Professional & Productive
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  North East24 August 2016
Manage your own diary, something different everyday, good salary with a good bonus scheme & benefits including company car etc. Colleagues & Management are supportive.
Pros
Salary, Bonus, Benefits, Flexibility
25 August 2016

Thanks for your feedback and glad that you are enjoying working here.

Good Benefits vs Long Hours
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  West London24 August 2016
The Good
Good company to work for in terms of training, support systems and benefits/bonus. There is lots of initial training and support in the company induction. Most enjoyable aspect is meeting learners and variation on a day to day basis as no two days are the same.
You can manage own working hours (except for some mandatory days) and some really nice people work here making it a fun company to work for when you are able to meet up.

The not so Good
If you have a family or want to finish at 5pm everyday this isn't the job for you, work life balance is difficult because of the high caseload you are expected to carry and the number of targets to hit each month so expect to be working till late in the evening to stay on top of workload.
Pros
Benefits, salary, bonus Scheme, nice culture
Cons
Terrible work life balance, family will hate it.
25 August 2016

Thanks for your feedback - it;s great to hear that you are enjoying it. We are always keen to help with areas where you may be struggling (such as juggling your work/life balance). It is really important to us that people not only have a great time at work but are also able to enjoy their time away from their roles. I would suggest approaching your manager about these challenges and seeing if there is any support we can put in place.

Regional trainer / Assessor (Current Employee) –  South West24 August 2016
Ignore the negative reviews, the targets are inline with the industry and other companies. They are also achievable and the bonus scheme is excellent along with the pay compared to other companies.

The work life balance is fine, as an assessor you manage your own diary and caseload, the people who struggle with this are the ones with poor time management skills.

A typical day for an assessor is visiting learners and assessing their work, providing feedback and maintaining an audit trail.

You will learn a lot and the company has a robust induction and training process for new staff.

Management will depend on your region and sector, mine are excellent. They understand the business and provide you with support.

Most enjoyable part is learner achievement and bonuses. The hardest part is getting learners to progress who are no longer interested, people skills are essential.
Pros
Field based, manage your time.
Large case load
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham1 March 2016
New COO has removed the bonus and even took our broadband allowance of all the assessors. Most of the assessors have now lost £10,000 a year
Pros
training and resources
Cons
training days put into calendar and have to rejuggle case load and still meet KPIs
25 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback and appreciate your comments. It is worth noting that all bonus schemes were reviewed and amended in 2015 to ensure they were fair to all. A new bonus scheme was introduced to ensure that people were being rewarded based on their individual results rather than being reliant on team performance. We also removed thresholds so that the bonus potential was uncapped and increased the opportunity for unlimited potential. We also introduced an incentive scheme to recognise and reward the top performers each month. It was felt that this was a fair way to structure the scheme to ensure we reward people for their individual performance and recognise exceptional results.

We did remove the broadband allowance, however all our trainers are provided with smart phones when they join, and can tether to the internet off the phone so there is no need to be reliant on home broadband to be able to do the job.

Terrible work life balance
Trainer/Assessor (Former Employee) –  Bristol14 February 2016
Unrealistic targets, rude managers and no appreciation of how hard the job is. The learners are the only good part of the job.
Pros
Good learners
23 August 2016

Thanks for your review and I am sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. Over the past 18 months we have tried to implement a number of initiatives to hep support work volumes and caseloads as well as management development training to enhance the capability of our managers and ensure that they are supporting their teams. We continue to develop these initiatives with a view to enhancing the support we give to our colleagues.

Lifetime Training, Regional Trainer Assessor (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG9 November 2015
If you are in the right area with the right manager who is supportive of you and your professional and personal development then this company is a good one to work for.
23 August 2016

Thanks for your review. With the introduction of our DNA behavioural framework and the Evolve development review process our colleagues have the opportunity to discuss with their managers their career aspirations and put in place a clear plan of how this can be achieved.

Good company, great people
South West Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG29 April 2015
Good company to work for in a fun, professional office. The job involves travelling round the local area working with local organisations in different sectors helping up skill their staff through qualifications.
23 August 2016

Thanks for your review, really pleased to hear that you are feeling positive about working at Lifetime. Our people are the key to our business and we are proud to have such a talent and dedicated team.

ok
Active Leisure Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  south yorkshire26 September 2014
this company is a good company to work for but KPI standards are set far to high
Pros
work your own diary
Cons
un realistic KPI's
23 August 2016

Thanks for your feedback and sorry it has taken so long to reply. Since your post we have reviewed all targets and caseloads and whilst there will always be a challenge we are confident that we have put in place support mechanisms which help our colleagues manage their caseloads and targets. In 2015 we introduced a structured way of working which enables all Trainers and Assessors time to plan their diaries with the support of managers and IQAs, as well as planning and 'administration' time. The introduction of remote visits has also helped to cut down on travelling time which allows for more available time to handle other tasks.

Good company, great people
NVQ Assessor (Regional Trainer) (Current Employee) –  Bristol, ENG6 November 2013
Good company with good people. But my role kept having KPI's changed to make it harder / more unachievable. These KPI's are dependant on learners / students, therefore not totally in control of your own KPI's. day to day was different as working with a wide range of people delivering qualifications.
Pros
flexible
Cons
too much expected
no consideration of work life balance, false promises, and poor treatment.
regional trainer (Former Employee) –  southwest england17 September 2012
Don't work for them.
Expect you to drop your whole life for them and no gratitude. Once laid off ( in their own admitance their own fault) no reference as promised.
23 August 2016

I am disappointing to hear that you had a less than positive experience. Apologies that it has taken so long to reply but we have only just started managing this company page. Since you were with the company we have worked hard to collaborate with our colleagues, gather feedback and introduce initiatives based on this information to ensure that all our colleagues are supported in their roles. We have new structured ways of working, a comprehensive appraisal and development programme, all of which are designed to support our employees in their work and their personal and professional development. The success of these measures is reflected in our year on year engagement scores from our Be Heard engagement survey which have been over 85% for the past two years.

We also ensure that all employees are provided with a reference on request, when required.