Lifetime Training Employee Reviews

Poor work culture
Functional Skills Tutor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London19 January 2019
The company pride themselves on promoting equal opportunities, however this is not replicated in their actions. Career progression is dependent on who you know within the organisation rather than your credentials. Internal positions are not always advertised and are assigned to individuals of their choice. Standards are poor, lot of the maths and English tutors are not even qualified or have the subject knowledge. Members of the quality team are allowed to observe and grade tutors when they do not have the basic qualifications or competencies to do so. Not recommended for individuals seeking career development. A lot of travel is required. CPD is not developmental and are just to tick a box
Pros
Expenses paid
Cons
Poor working ethics
23 January 2019

Hi. Thank you for your feedback and I am really sorry that you did not have a positive experience with us. As you have probably experienced the last 18 months have seen significant change in both the delivery of apprenticeships and how we deliver functional skills to best support our learners.

We have worked hard to try and support our colleagues through these transitions but appreciate that this level of change can create dissatisfaction and upheaval for all. We now feel that we have a robust model in place and have introduced further measures in recruiting and training our Tutors to ensure we are identifying and onboarding the most appropriate people for the role.

I would be really interested in hearing more about your feedback regarding progression, it is a concern that you feel you did not get the opportunity for career progression. I am confident that we do everything we can to ensure a culture of fairness and equity and we have clear processes and policies in place to ensure that everyone gets an opportunity to develop both personally and professionally. As a member of the HR Leadership Team we work closely with our Exec Team and our managers to embed a culture of opportunity, honesty and transparency.

I am once again sorry you feel that this was not the case and if you would like to discuss any of the issues you list above, I would be happy to take on board more detailed feedback and ensure it is addressed. My email is felicity.white@lifetimetraining.co.uk

Great opportunities and work life balance.
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne6 January 2019
The most enjoyable part of the job is working across a range of organisations and meeting new people. You are in charge of your own diary and caseload.
Pros
Annual leave and bonuses.
Cons
Can be long hours at times.
17 January 2019

Thanks for your great feedback. WE try really hard to embed a flexible approach to work at Lifetime, especially for those working in the field. wellbeing is foremost on our agenda and if are struggling with your hours, please make sure you link in with your colleagues and manager to discuss this and see what solutions can be put in place to mitigate this. You can also have a look at our Wellbeing Hub - LifeLine , there will be some advice and guidance that you would find useful.

That said it si great to hear such positivist and we are delighted that you bring this to our team.

Ok but need to brush up a few things.
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  UK4 March 2018
The culture expects you to work a lot to meet KPI's meaning work/life balance can take a nose dive. This wouldn't be a 9-5 job unless you are working at the head office. Management in general, appear visionary on some things but sometimes neglect to inform or get opinions/ feedback from the front line staff who actually deliver the qualifications. CPD outside of standardisations along with progression within the company is near to none existent. Personal and professional growth is unlikely to happen. It has been joked by many as "No Life, No time, No training." A sad contradiction given that they are a training provider.

On the positive, they care about OFSTED reports and implement recommendations. They have a team in place to address issues and this has resulted in being a "good," training provider. Quality of delivery in general is good. They have implemented a staff benefits scheme. Pay is not particularly good given the workloads you are expected to work with. The positive is seeing learners achieve their results!
Poor recruitment process no feedback regarding interview
Nurse (Former Employee) –  London12 November 2017
I had an interview but I wasn t given any feedback a few weeks down the line, nor were all my contact requests acknowledged. It is very difficult to contact the company as well.
Pros
Very attractive on paper
Cons
Poor recruitment process
Great company, never felt unsupported, grew as a person and employee.
Regional Trainer (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London10 November 2017
I loved my role as an RT, Lifetime were great to work for. I had a terrific, supportive and motivating manger and mentor in our team. Could always rely on help on any issue.
Lots of freedom in the role, no two days the same. Got my CAVA qualification through Lifetime which has always been a goal. Hardest part of job was chasing students for work! Most enjoyable was loving what you do - fitness and training is a passion and I loved n=being able to teach people how to become trainers, team leaders and managers.
Pros
Expenses paid monthly
Cons
Travel times
17 January 2019

Thanks for this amazing feedback. We are so glad you had such a life-changing experience

A company making great strides for the future.
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  Field Based14 October 2017
The company understands that people are the future and as well as training people in numerous industries they focus on developing their own brand and people to support growth so they can strive to help more people and be the best at what they do. The blue print of a great company doing great things.
good course
fitness instructor (Former Employee) –  Manchester9 August 2017
i did my level 2 fitness instructing here for 3 weeks and it was easy to do and i got paid to do it! great understanding to the course and good teachers.
Pros
pay
Cons
course
lovely place to work
Regional Trainer/NVQ Assessor (Former Employee) –  London27 June 2017
This was a very demanding and fast paced company to work for learnt a lot during my time with them however at times felt over worked and under supported and a newly qualified assessor
Pros
able to use my knowledge
Cons
very stressful
wounderful place to learn
Beauty student (Current Employee) –  Manchester20 June 2017
coming to lifetime training is one of the best decisions i have made taking a beauty course and i have never been so excited to learn, my tutors are amazing help in all areas of teaching and learning.
Love lifetime
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  North West30 May 2017
Varied from day to day and you actually feel you are making a difference. Both middle management and senior management will fight your corner for you.
out of touch directors
Senior Sales Advisor (Former Employee) –  Bristol, Bristol23 March 2017
False promises, office politics essentially drive me to leave the business. Potentially a great place to work however very poor senior management decisions.

Great fellow colleagues, autonomy to earn good money. Unrealistic targets though.
Pros
Ok
Cons
Ok
Fun, productive, enthusiastic and motivating!
Sales Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Bristol1 February 2017
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company and would work for them again in a heartbeat!

Everyone is energetic and really work focused and professional but still genuine and friendly.

They strive to provide the best service possible and are always aiming to progress.
productive workplace
diploma beauty therapy (Current Employee) –  Birmingham30 September 2016
very proffesional i love going here. i go one day a week, i have a year to complete my level two and three. the teachers are brilliant they are really helpful, i enjoy the practical side of work when im there.
Unrealistic expectations
Assessor (Current Employee) –  Field Based15 September 2016
My working week is supposed to consist of 40 hours, I enjoy putting in extra and don't mind at all working in excess of this as an exception. The exception is the rule, I have a case load of over 70 which I am expected to maintain and deliver a high standard of T&L to, progressing their learning each month. This level of case load can not be maintained on 40 hours. I currently work 70-80 hours over 6 days. The pay is good, I generally earn in excess of 30k per year but this does make up for the pressure that senior managers place on their employees, affecting their home and personal life as well as their mental and physical health.
Pros
Good salary and bonus scheme
Cons
expectations of senior managers.
Professional & Productive
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  North East24 August 2016
Manage your own diary, something different everyday, good salary with a good bonus scheme & benefits including company car etc. Colleagues & Management are supportive.
Pros
Salary, Bonus, Benefits, Flexibility
25 August 2016

Thanks for your feedback and glad that you are enjoying working here.

Good Benefits vs Long Hours
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  West London24 August 2016
The Good
Good company to work for in terms of training, support systems and benefits/bonus. There is lots of initial training and support in the company induction. Most enjoyable aspect is meeting learners and variation on a day to day basis as no two days are the same.
You can manage own working hours (except for some mandatory days) and some really nice people work here making it a fun company to work for when you are able to meet up.

The not so Good
If you have a family or want to finish at 5pm everyday this isn't the job for you, work life balance is difficult because of the high caseload you are expected to carry and the number of targets to hit each month so expect to be working till late in the evening to stay on top of workload.
Pros
Benefits, salary, bonus Scheme, nice culture
Cons
Terrible work life balance, family will hate it.
25 August 2016

Thanks for your feedback - it;s great to hear that you are enjoying it. We are always keen to help with areas where you may be struggling (such as juggling your work/life balance). It is really important to us that people not only have a great time at work but are also able to enjoy their time away from their roles. I would suggest approaching your manager about these challenges and seeing if there is any support we can put in place.

Energetic & Innovative Business
Area Manager (Current Employee) –  South West24 August 2016
A business filled with energetic, innovative people who are passionate about their job and the difference they can make to people's lives. A fast-paced business that is always looking to improve both for clients and staff alike.
25 August 2016

Great feedback - thank you. We feel the same way. Our people are so talented and dedicated and this is what makes what we do work so well.

Regional trainer / Assessor (Current Employee) –  South West24 August 2016
Ignore the negative reviews, the targets are inline with the industry and other companies. They are also achievable and the bonus scheme is excellent along with the pay compared to other companies.

The work life balance is fine, as an assessor you manage your own diary and caseload, the people who struggle with this are the ones with poor time management skills.

A typical day for an assessor is visiting learners and assessing their work, providing feedback and maintaining an audit trail.

You will learn a lot and the company has a robust induction and training process for new staff.

Management will depend on your region and sector, mine are excellent. They understand the business and provide you with support.

Most enjoyable part is learner achievement and bonuses. The hardest part is getting learners to progress who are no longer interested, people skills are essential.
Pros
Field based, manage your time.
Cons
Great place to work, great people, feel like I am really making a difference
Support Staff (Former Employee) –  Bristol23 August 2016
I have worked here for almost 18 months at Head Office and I can honestly say it is one of the nicest companies I have worked for. Everyone I work with whether I see them every day or they are out in the field are really committed to what they do and doing a great job for our Learners.

It is hard work, with lots of challenges but you are encouraged to take on new things and really develop yourself and your career.
Pros
Management invested in development of people, great training, Great people
Large case load
Regional Trainer (Current Employee) –  Nottingham1 March 2016
New COO has removed the bonus and even took our broadband allowance of all the assessors. Most of the assessors have now lost £10,000 a year
Pros
training and resources
Cons
training days put into calendar and have to rejuggle case load and still meet KPIs
25 August 2016

Thank you for your feedback and appreciate your comments. It is worth noting that all bonus schemes were reviewed and amended in 2015 to ensure they were fair to all. A new bonus scheme was introduced to ensure that people were being rewarded based on their individual results rather than being reliant on team performance. We also removed thresholds so that the bonus potential was uncapped and increased the opportunity for unlimited potential. We also introduced an incentive scheme to recognise and reward the top performers each month. It was felt that this was a fair way to structure the scheme to ensure we reward people for their individual performance and recognise exceptional results.

We did remove the broadband allowance, however all our trainers are provided with smart phones when they join, and can tether to the internet off the phone so there is no need to be reliant on home broadband to be able to do the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lifetime Training. Our community is ready to answer.

Lifetime Training Reviews by Location