Lifetime Training
Here to help
Coronavirus update

Lifetime Training Employee Reviews

United Kingdom62 reviews
Great on boarding process in Birmingham giving you the skills to complete your job.
Can have a bit of a ‘fake’ everyone’s amazing at their job culture. You get praised even if mistakes are made.

Work is KPI driven, and you are encouraged to get new learners to sign up even if they may not be right for the apprenticeship. Goal posts always move.
Pros
Flexible work pattern
Cons
Cover a large area.
This is definitely a ‘if your face fits in’ type of company to work for. Extremely stressful trying to meet targets, working with learners of poor quality because all the company is interested in is money.
Who ever your manager is.. if they are stressed out .. you as an RT will be at the receiving end.

Negative comments about lifetime are forbidden, if if done in a diplomatic manner.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Stressful job
Management are completely unsupportive. They pile as much work as possible and fail to recognise when teams are struggling and desperate need of more staff, instead choosing to pile work loads of 3/4 onto 1 person. Promotions are given on friendship basis and achievements are not recognised for promotion. Salary is poorly reflective on work and unfair throughout the business.
It is not all bad, the employees within the company are all very friendly and like a big family supporting each other.
Pros
Great staff relationships
Cons
Salary, bad management, over worked.
The company's always been about its people....apparently. Covid19 showed this isn't actually right! Many of them are currently working for 80% of their salary, yet they have very high caseloads and workload! The "reward" is they are only working 80% of their contacted hrs, this isn't a reward though because it just adds more pressure on to get everything done in reduced hrs! It's also a kick in the teeth that colleagues are getting paid the same 80% whilst on furlough.....despite not bringing revenue in!! It's also a massive kick when they have their financials published to show an eye watering amount of levy payment and therfore no reason to pay only 80% of salaries!!
Pros
Get to make a difference to people's careerss
Cons
Company doesn't have their people at the heart.
Managing a caseload of learners teaching and assessing vocational qualifications in the relevant sector. Also teaching and supporting learners with Maths, English and ICT.
Entails visiting various sites to deliver work based learning to a range of learners.

The most enjoyable part is when I call them to tall them they have passed and that they hard work has paid off
Pros
Manage own diary
Cons
Lots of travelling
I started working for this company 20 months ago, the journey has been amazing.
From joining the company and being fully trained with support from every direction. Always knowing you can pick up the phone and ask for support.

I am in charge of my diary and as long as I do my job and hit deadlines, I can move appointments around. Meaning that when my child and has an assembly or sports day, I can go and watch him.

Sometimes it can be fast passed but if you are a good organiser there is no reason to become to stressed. If you do get overwhelmed, your manager is always there to help and support.
Pros
Monthly expences
Cons
Not found any
Lifetime is a great place to work if you thrive on working in a fast-paced environment, and enjoy working in a team. There is a great culture and because of this, people stay a long time. There is a high expectation in terms of work ethic and targets - but the team spirit supports this. I really enjoy working here.

We partner with a number of large, well know companies and this ensures that we always strive for the highest quality in our delivery, as well as continued innovation.

I plan on staying at Lifetime a long time, as I am always excited to see what each new year brings!
Ask anyone at Lifetime and they'll tell you it's a fantastic place to work. We have a great culture where everyone works together to support one another, giving the feeling of being one big team despite being a national organisation.
There are lots of development opportunities available to those who want them. We have an engaged management team who keep us well informed about the business as a whole and give us the opportunity to raise any questions or suggestions with them either directly or via our Employee Forum.

We have access to great benefits including discounts at lots of high-street stores, a rewards and recognition programme and are active as a business in holding fundraising activities for charity throughout the year which are always great fun.

It's the people who make working here so good, but it's also really satisfying to know that we offer a service which allows people from all walks of life the opportunity to gain new skills and advance their careers.

I love working here and would recommend it to anyone!
Pros
Free tea coffee and fruit, discounted gym membership and discounts at highstreet stores, a sports and social club who organise fun activities for us, training and development opportunities
Working at Lifetime for a number of years now its fantastic to be in a business that wants its absolute best for its customers, learners and staff.

We are a fast-paced company yes which can sometimes be hard work but we are always looking for better ways of working and invest significantly in our learning and assessment technologies to ensure they have impact and support everyone to deliver a great customer experience.

The senior teams communicate the business plans effectively and continuously focus on informing us all what is happening, how we are doing and where we need to focus to deliver results for all our stakeholders inside and out.

I'm proud to be a Lifetimer!!
I absolutely love working for Lifetime, the people really make the business here and make going to work everyday enjoyable.

My role is varied and busy, the pace of change is fast at Lifetime but predominantly positively as we work hard to constantly evolve to deliver the best service and experience to our employer partners and most importantly, learners.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Lifetime Training?
Lifetime is a really progressive organisation which has been demonstrated through its successful growth over the last 10 years.

Quality is a huge focus as is innovation to stay one step ahead of our competitors.

That is why some of the largest and best known service sector organisations in the country choose to partner with us.

Lifetime has a great culture of passionate people, driven to do a great job for our clients and apprentices. With growth also comes a lot of opportunities to develop.

Work is challenging, engaging and rewarding which is why I've stayed with Lifetime for nearly 10 years.
Lifetime is an excellent place to work, there's lots of opportunity for career progression and the people you get to work with are amazing. There is a great atmosphere of team work and collaboration between all departments.
I have worked for Lifetime for 3 years and within that time I have developed my own knowledge and skills with continuous CPD that the company provide and have completed my Education and Teaching Award. Lifetime and the higher management are not only focused on developing there staff they collaborate and share there vision with us weekly.
Working for Lifetime has been a challenge for me learning new systems and keeping up with targets but I have a strong team around me who are always there for support.

The best part of my job are my Lovely learners seeing them learn and develop and building in confidence each visit and sharing their achievements with me.

The hardest part of my Job is finding enough time in the day to complete everything so good time management is required.
Pros
Great team working and collaboration
Cons
Targets and deadlines
16 March 2020
Thanks for your feedback. It is inspiring to hear your passion for what you do and the support you are giving your learners.
I've worked for Lifetime for three years and it's been the best work experience I've ever had.

The flexible working, even as an office based employee, is excellent. I'm trusted to work from home when I need to and can easily flex my hours to suit my work/life balance.

It's been full of opportunities to grow and stretch my knowledge and skills and I've been developed through an external Advanced Diploma paid for by the company.

The culture is fun, informal, productive and always looking at the best way to do things in a forward-thinking way. Everyone is approachable, hard working and I can only see Lifetime getting better and better.
16 March 2020
Thanks for a glowing review. I am glad to see that you are able to approach your role and your hours with flexibility and that you have had the chance to utilise your skills whilst developing and growing within the company.
One of the best companies I have ever worked for. Amazing people that look after their staff and customers.
Support their teams with great career progression pathways
16 March 2020
Thanks for your review and your feedback. As one of those amazing people it is great to hear you are taking advantage of all the opportunities to progress and develop.
A great place to work, Lifetime is always looking to improve and develop and stay ahead of the game. It is collaborative and listens to the workforce.
Pros
innovative, Listens, good personal growth
Cons
not letting things bed in before adding in another change
16 March 2020
Thanks for your feedback. We work really hard as a business to stay ahead of the curve with new innovation and developments. You are right that it is sometimes hard to let those changes embed before something new arises. But as one of our life-changing people you help us to work through these developments and ensure that at the end of the day our learners and clients get a seamless experience. Thank you.
Working for Lifetime you will have great support from all colleagues. You are provided with excellent equipment and get great bonuses. Personal developement is ongoing and their is great opportunities for progression.
16 March 2020
Thank you for such a positive and glowing review. Keep taking those opportunities to develop and grow and contributing to a life-changing experience.
16 March 2020
Thanks for your feedback, we love to hear about how you feel you have the opportunity to grow and develop with us.
I have worked at Lifetime for over 5 years and feel like I have grown so much in confidence in this time. I feel in control of my own workload and supported by my management team with things I need help with. Personal development is supported and I have been able to progress within the business during my time here. The only slight downside is travel time to monthly meetings as being a single parent I have to rely on friends and family outside of nursery hours to help with childcare. This can be quite stressful for me.
Pros
As above
Cons
As above
16 March 2020
Thank you for such a brilliant review. It is always great to hear form people who have been with us for so long. It is also a great message about your personal journey and how you are still delivering life-changing experiences. With regards to your work/life balance make sure that you link in with your manager to talk about how you can manage your work flexibly and remember that you can also deliver remotely.
16 March 2020
Thank you for your review and for highlighting some of the truly pioneering things that you are taking advantage of by being one of our life-changing people.
I love my role and the different aspects of it,
some days I work from home and can catch up on my tasks

other days I am supporting learners in the field. This can vary from learner to learner but the sense of pride you get when completing a good session is so rewarding.

We have team meetings, standardisations, IQA clinics which ensure even though you work alone a lot you are still a part of a team.

My manager checks on me weekly personally and professionally.

I have been supported from the start and rewarded for good work which is great

I enjoy the team I work with and know who to call if I need help.
Pros
Bonus scheme, travel expenses
Cons
ICT systems sometimes let you down but thats technology for you
16 March 2020
Thanks for your review, it is a great insight in to working for Lifetime and gives a a really positive message about how the role can work for people on a personal basis.
16 March 2020
This is such a lovely review and really picks out some of things that not only make Lifetime a great place to work but exactly why you are one of our life-changing people. The sense of pride and passion you express is truly of value to us. Thank you.
I have worked for Lifetime for 2 yrs now, and have progressed my career dramatically in that time. Lifetime genuinely care about their staff, and offer excellent progression moves.
I feel I have been well looked after, receiving support and help from my line managers.
Pros
Free fruit, gym discounts, flexible working available
16 March 2020
Thanks for your feedback and it is great to hear how far you have come with us in just two years. Keep up the life-changing approach.
Very aware of current trends in teaching but put far too much pressure on staff, leading to corners being cut.

Pressure on staff to manage unrealistic case loads and work excessively long hours.
16 March 2020
Thank you for leaving us a review, especially as a former Lifetimer. I will escalate your comments because whilst we are constantly striving for and implementing processes to reduce the pressure on our employees, it is always important that we review these. As you probably remember we have the annual employee survey and a pulse point every 6 months so this will give us a good idea of how these interventions are working for our people..