Lifeline24

Lifeline24 Employee Reviews in Bowthorpe

Bowthorpe6 reviews
I've worked as an emergency call handler with lifeline for some time now. Its a newly formed part of the company, and making changes to evolve is part and parcel. Some turbulence is inevitable as not everyone is open to change. call handling can be very fast paced and sometimes stressful, its usually eased by a coffee and a nice piece of homemade cake made by one of our team leaders. I have always been able to express my feelings needs and wants to our manager and team leaders. My colleagues are amazing and i enjoy my time with them. I don't wish to expand with the company as I like what I'm doing but the opportunities are there for those that do. We have some young team leaders who are growing with the company and we are all learning from each other at some point. I would prefer not to work shifts or weekends but staff are needed 24/7 365 days a week. I have off days, happy days and strange days but all in all mostly good days.
Worst job i have ever worked in. You call these managers? ones slack and the other is critical. No training. Horrible shifts. bad pay. And bullying. No help.Breaks run over. Horrible staff.
I have not been here long and i handed my notice in. This is the most horrific working environment and to stressful. The managers pass of training on staff who dont want to. You are made to feel very awkward. Did not like this at all. Lack of training, terrible pay and awful shift hours. Some bullies here to that are to power head happy.
Management as useful as a bicycle is to a fish. No support or training for the clients you have to deal with. No recognition for people doing a good job. The company is based on stats and figures and doesn’t actually care about the clients. The kitchen is RANK and the team leaders openly talk about their intimate life (whilst the staff are on calls). If you want to wee, poo, eat AND work at your desk then this is deffo the job for you because if there isn’t enough people on you can’t leave for a break. The YOUNGEST team leader is a patronising twit. HOWEVER, the plus side is you can win a Creme egg if you can count to 60. If your CV is awful and you’re very unemployable then apply anyway as you’ll probably get it.
Pros
Home time
Cons
Staff and management are brilliant. I’ve never worked for a company who make their staff feel so valued and make a great effort to find out areas in which staff would like to see improvement/ change. The work is satisfying and the staff are like family. The prospects for career progression are available for suitable staff. A very happy and friendly place to work.
Great company to come and work for if your first time in employment, values home grown skills. Growth is very quick allowing for the right people to progress if they want.
Official response from Lifeline24
3 September 2019
Thank you for leaving a review! It's fantastic to hear that you are enjoying working at Lifeline24 :-)