Lidl Employee Reviews

Poor work home life babance
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  West Wickham13 March 2018
I was increasingly finding that I was spending way too much time working and sleep was becoming near non existent. Duty managers expected to carry out role of manager but without the benefits. Apart from this a very enjoyable role.
Awful place to work at.
customer advisor (Former Employee) –  harlow staple tye12 March 2018
Worst place to work, i worked on nights, management are clueless and rude, no communication between colleagues, pay is OK not the best, no training given by management had to learn from other people. ignored all day every day by management absolutely terrible management. the store especially warehouse is always filthy, no one can do any orders properly, terrible place needs shutting down.
Cons
terrible management, dirty store, rude, poor hours, terrible place to work.
All round a very good place to work and everyone is always there to give you a help in hand.
Picker (Former Employee) –  Bridgend11 March 2018
One of the best places i have worked in to be honest with you. A very friendly team and all the workers there are polite, friendly and just good people in general, even the managers are very polite and chatty to you and always would ask if your okay and if you needed anything was always there to answer any questions you had etc. The work was pretty easy and good going and as long as you listened and concentrated and used common sense you would be fine but as i say all round pretty awesome place to work and was very happy there.
Pros
Good shifts and a very helpful team.
Cons
At times a lack of work.
Physically exhausting
SALES ASSISSTANT (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire7 March 2018
Work was very excessive and tiring at times. Your constantly on the move especially if in the bakery section of the store. You don't get a chance to catch your breathe unless your on a break as theres always something that needs doing this is especially if your in a busy store. Be expected to keep up with tight time constraints.
Pros
lunch on sight
Cons
physically exhausting
fast-paced, well payed
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kristianstads kommun7 March 2018
When working at LIDL you need to be a versatile person, and quick. All of the staff are responsible for the running of the store, and you could be doing a number of tasks during your shift.

I can be difficult to get things done, such as re-stocking, especially when you have low staff. It is a very fast paced job, but with having to do various task through out the day it does make the time go a bit faster.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Stressful during long hours.
good experience
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Croydon, Greater London6 March 2018
Lidl Need to focus more on Management most of them are not literate some times dont have manners to talk to staffs
Stressful day everyday interacting with weird customers not easy
there is no such enjoyable part apart from when you get to know its time to go home, workplace sometimes have alot of politics and favouritism
Pros
progress chances high
Cons
Productive and fun work environment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham5 March 2018
You had a start time but didn't have a finish time incase you received a order that needed to go out and was relying on public transport to get from and to work so when I was finishing at 2am and there was no public transport running I was having to walk 2 hours home after a 12 hour shift
Could be really good.
Acting fast and efficiently when restocking goods (Current Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend25 February 2018
Descent place to work. Management is awful. all out for themselves and not part of the bigger picture. Hard work does not get you anywhere. Selection department is run the wrong way. Equality and fairness is lacking.
Werehouse Operative
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Lidl24 February 2018
Picking By Voice Commands
Learn a lot of warehouse operative duties
Management is helpful more than enough.
Workplace culture - is everyone polite and helpful as well.
The hardest part of the job was first day, because of nervous how is everything will be, what will be need to do and etc.
The most enjoyable part of the job - every day I am coming there with smile, because I am giving all my self to that place, all my strength, all my passion. I like physical job.
Pros
Lidl discount
Good work place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Midlands23 February 2018
Productive and good place to work
Nice people to work with
Can be long hours and hard work
early morning shifts
working in a fast paced environment
Pros
Fast paced retail environment, Opportunities for progressions, Overall good management, Great hourly rate.
Great job
check out employee (Former Employee) –  Gemeente Putten23 February 2018
The jobs changed from hour to hour. One moment you be stoking shelves and the next you be at the check out.

The team I worked with was nice and fun and the mood all around was cheerful.

Store managers where not always as nice and they where replaced most frequently.
Pros
3 breaks during a long day
Cons
always needed a shopping receipt for the lunch you got
good
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow22 February 2018
staff were helpful and enjoyable to work with i liked the fact that everyone worked well as a team the pay was good for the hours I was working and a all round good place to work
Pros
pay
Cons
cleaning
Hard Work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow19 February 2018
The Lidl on Jamaica Street is certainly a place for learning and developing on skills and strengths. It is very hard work but once you get a hang of it, the job itself gets easier.
General and Assistant Management are incredibly hard workers.
With regards to the Area Management, no comment.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Difficult - Physically and Psychologically
fab atmosphere
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  leeds gipton19 February 2018
really enjoyed my time at lidl.
learned how to use their tills stock control
and loved interacting with the customers
going in on a morning i always watered flowers after getting my till ready for my shift
during day if store wasn't busy i would help fill up shelves
and clean store before leaving with other staff
Pros
great company
Cons
challenging and full of surprises
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff15 February 2018
early start but also early finish ,
plenty of job from many areas
fast work flow with heavy duties,
always short staff,
cutting hours

Up sides-
discount card,
friendly enviroment,
ability to share your opinion,
many options to be promoted,
covering few places in the same time (till service,working on deliveries,bakery)
Pros
20%discount card
Cons
cutting hours
Nice atmosphere
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire14 February 2018
Hard work all staff work very hard fast pace nice manager nice staff you need to be very fit for the job I was sorry to leave if only I was younger I would have been able to do the job
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Very hard work
its fun when things go right ....
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire14 February 2018
experience store staff who know the job usually run the store as the store management take their foot off the peddle...i have never worked in a store with a lazy or laided back top management team ...the experience store staff are the ones steadying the ship before it sinks ...i think Lidl area managers need to know this .royal change every day..you work around the store needs and sometime you don't get the work life balance...a text messages are used as a change of shift regularly..effecting your home life..
Pros
uniform and other staff
Cons
the wrong people gets told off because of lazy managers
Productive work place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London12 February 2018
Busy workplace.I learned that positivity can attract lots of customers.I gained customers trust. I learned that being yourself( in a good way) can help you have a great contact with people.My math skills got better.My "can do" attitude got better.
The hardest part of the job is unstable rota,life balance is not great.You never know what to expect.Store manager is constantly changing rota, this job is best if you study part time, but full time could be hard.
Pros
getting know great people
Cons
Quiet few.
The confirmed route to depression.
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk12 February 2018
A typical day at work would start with being patronised into working numerous 7 foot chiller euro pallets in 20 minutes each by the store manager and then getting thrown on till all day to reach a target of 32 items a minute for 8-10 hours a day.
Then when the Store and Assistant Managers leave after a day of drinking coffee in the office, you have to run around with all responsibilities of senior managers on their mega-bucks i.e all fresh orders and fix all errors or face receiving a warning in the morning for not leaving the store in a presentable fashion for a measly £1 added to your wage per hour. The hardest part of the job is trying not to hang yourself from the company signage in the car park after the shift. The easiest part of the job is expecting condescending remarks.

That's it, you've got it.
Now go and make your own decision.
Pros
Free mental health problems.
Cons
Having to live with the mental health problems.
Move on to next job ad !
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon7 February 2018
Dont waste your time even reading this job ad, because Lidls lie.
I started working in the warehouse operative roll several months ago, I was employed on the understanding that you worked 5 days on 2 days off, this lasted just a few weeks then things started to change, I now have to work 6 and 7 days in a row and have to take my days off separately one day at a time for the most part, furthermore I took on a night shift roll which pays an extra £1 an hour, which equates to approx £1200 on your salary per year just recently Lidls have decided to axe all night shifts at very short notice and although have offered day shifts there are no guaranties of any permanent work, I warn you again by someone who has seen what Lidls are capable of by unfortunately working for them, There are many many other bad aspects of working here but i hope you get the idea of what Lidls are like to work for, I can honestly speak from experience as I have worked for many companies in this industry for over 3 decades and i can honestly say Lidls are the worst job experience i have ever had, you have been warned !
Pros
Cons
Please Please read my review

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K