Lidl Employee Reviews

Good team, terrible management.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire30 October 2017
Read some reviews for Lidl before working for the company. They were not positive to say the least. The job started out fine, when working away at a seperate training site. But once moved in to official building it quickly went down hill. Management were rude, inconsiderate and you were never considered good enough.
I would rate my workplace in the middle
Selection (Current Employee) –  Lutterworth, Leicestershire29 October 2017
It's a big warehouse with lots of people working there and different people have at different times of the day.
The problem is people work in the morning and it stays like that same with the people that work at afternoon and night.
Pros
I exsersice my body carrying things at work
Cons
Only night shifts
Worse job
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Northern Ireland27 October 2017
The most horrendous working conditions ever. 20min break on a 10/12 hour shift. Expected to work late then come in at 6am next morning. Training you on customer service and you haven’t the time to even look near customers. Store manager rude ignorant and no manners . HR and head office don’t want to hear about it.
Pros
Cons
Long hours rude manager no time for customers
Overal a good company to work for
Warehouse RDC ATM Maintenance Manager (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire25 October 2017
Difficult to achieve targets due to harsh productivity targets.

high turn over in staff including managers.

Lidl pay very well but expect a lot in turn, including work before family.
Lovely working place
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London24 October 2017
Working at lidl is one of the best as i enjoy woinking in a busy place and the management is also very good. Staff get 10% discount. It is a nice place to work.
Work life ballance
Deputy store manager (Current Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester24 October 2017
Pays well however working life ballance is very poor.
Required to work different shifts every week misture of early and lates.
Don’t get full weekends off, if required have to book it as a holiday.
Very tuff on management and reluctant to take actions on shop floor staff due to poor labour turnover.
Pros
Pays well
Cons
No work life ballance
Fast pace
Duty& Night Manager (Current Employee) –  London23 October 2017
You have to be on point and you need to pay attention to details. Flexibility is a must. Fast paced and a day is not like other. Good money. And long holiday
Worked to the bone, always understaffed - better than average pay
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Launceston, Cornwall22 October 2017
Worked like a slave.
Always under staffed
The pay is better than average.
Could finish work at midnight and start again at 5am
High turn over of staff, and many require sick on a regular basis.
Pros
Pay is better than most supermarkets
Cons
Worked like a dog
poor experience
Storer Manager (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh21 October 2017
a poor experience all round sadly. not nice people to work for although it was 15 years ago. would not work in store for them again as I found them to be in professional.
Plain Mayhem
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawkinge20 October 2017
Having worked at Lidl's I have seen it getting better for the staff, the pay is reasonable but you're expected to work darn hard for what you get!
The hours can be unsociable as you're on part-time contracts expected to have full time availability (what store doesn't these days?) and you're pretty much told, those are your shifts, needs of the business, be here, even if you requested that day off months in advance.
Much like anything shop related, it is highly dependent of the management and in my time there I had chalk and cheese so it's not all bad and it was improving constantly right up until I left and as far as I can tell, still is.
More difficult than you think
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Malvern20 October 2017
There is a reason Lidl pays well, that is because they expect you to work as hard as you can constantly. Every task has a set time that it needs to be completed in which is borderline preposterous, however, this is something that becomes easier the more you work there (but still difficult).

This is shift work. Unless you have a dependant, you will generally always be given completely random shifts, there will be a week (as an example) where you'll probably be doing a 14:00-22:30 on a Monday and then 4:00-8:00 on a Wednesday
Pros
10% discount, most of the staff are great people to work with
Cons
Random shift times, lack of overtime, Super strict behaviour policy
friendly workplace
Pesent Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset17 October 2017
iv worked at here for over 5 years . although it is a great place to work I would like a change. the management are great .and I have enjoyed working there.
Busy super market that attract many customers due to its costs and promotions.
customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester/Gipsy Lane16 October 2017
I have spent 10 years of working at this company, where i have learnt a lot of skills to deal with the customers' queries either on the tills or on the shop floor. I'm grateful to the benefits i earned from LIDL.
Pros
I know how to handle differents tasks from this fast paced company.
Cons
Low pay and poor management.
Good work home life
Chef Manager (Current Employee) –  Kent14 October 2017
Great working relaxed environment, well looked after, you feel a valued member of the team, great benefits, The senior management treat everybody as equal
Very productive
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Stevenston14 October 2017
Great company overall great pay and hours always there, trained in all aspect of supermarket retail although in store management very poor. Loved the job although unsociable hours at times.
Pros
Pay and discount
Cons
Very hard work
Fast paced
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Darwen, Lancashire10 October 2017
Was and okay place to work, I was only the cleaner but had a set time to clean. The wage was really good, and they usually asked you to stay after the allotted time. Which meant more money as you was paid from the minute you clocked in to the minute you was clocked out.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
None I can think of
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London8 October 2017
I, had an amazing time working for this company would do it again if im in the job market. i would recommend anyone to work for this company if you are trying to achieve the best within you
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  West Midlands8 October 2017
Fun and productive place to work. Great if you are looking for a hard working and busy environment. Great teams with a verity of ages and great customers. Most have good customer service
Good pay poor attitude to staff
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Page Moss1 October 2017
Good pay but management constantly belittle staff! Had money taken out of my till and then put back to say this is how a tobber would act and a manager who tried to threaten me but backed off after me standing my ground. Plus after having pertinity leave i recieved my redunsancy leave notice on return to work! Rediculous
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor managment
great people to work with
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Basingstoke, Hampshire1 October 2017
such a fun diverse group of people to work with and there is never a dull day there. cheap products and decent discount giving the employees. long hours for managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl. Our community is ready to answer.