Lidl Employee Reviews

Nice atmosphere
Cleaner (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Ripley, Derbyshire14 February 2018
Hard work all staff work very hard fast pace nice manager nice staff you need to be very fit for the job I was sorry to leave if only I was younger I would have been able to do the job
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Very hard work
its fun when things go right ....
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Warrington, Cheshire14 February 2018
experience store staff who know the job usually run the store as the store management take their foot off the peddle...i have never worked in a store with a lazy or laided back top management team ...the experience store staff are the ones steadying the ship before it sinks ...i think Lidl area managers need to know this .royal change every day..you work around the store needs and sometime you don't get the work life balance...a text messages are used as a change of shift regularly..effecting your home life..
Pros
uniform and other staff
Cons
the wrong people gets told off because of lazy managers
Productive work place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London12 February 2018
Busy workplace.I learned that positivity can attract lots of customers.I gained customers trust. I learned that being yourself( in a good way) can help you have a great contact with people.My math skills got better.My "can do" attitude got better.
The hardest part of the job is unstable rota,life balance is not great.You never know what to expect.Store manager is constantly changing rota, this job is best if you study part time, but full time could be hard.
Pros
getting know great people
Cons
Quiet few.
The confirmed route to depression.
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk12 February 2018
A typical day at work would start with being patronised into working numerous 7 foot chiller euro pallets in 20 minutes each by the store manager and then getting thrown on till all day to reach a target of 32 items a minute for 8-10 hours a day.
Then when the Store and Assistant Managers leave after a day of drinking coffee in the office, you have to run around with all responsibilities of senior managers on their mega-bucks i.e all fresh orders and fix all errors or face receiving a warning in the morning for not leaving the store in a presentable fashion for a measly £1 added to your wage per hour. The hardest part of the job is trying not to hang yourself from the company signage in the car park after the shift. The easiest part of the job is expecting condescending remarks.

That's it, you've got it.
Now go and make your own decision.
Pros
Free mental health problems.
Cons
Having to live with the mental health problems.
Move on to next job ad !
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon7 February 2018
Dont waste your time even reading this job ad, because Lidls lie.
I started working in the warehouse operative roll several months ago, I was employed on the understanding that you worked 5 days on 2 days off, this lasted just a few weeks then things started to change, I now have to work 6 and 7 days in a row and have to take my days off separately one day at a time for the most part, furthermore I took on a night shift roll which pays an extra £1 an hour, which equates to approx £1200 on your salary per year just recently Lidls have decided to axe all night shifts at very short notice and although have offered day shifts there are no guaranties of any permanent work, I warn you again by someone who has seen what Lidls are capable of by unfortunately working for them, There are many many other bad aspects of working here but i hope you get the idea of what Lidls are like to work for, I can honestly speak from experience as I have worked for many companies in this industry for over 3 decades and i can honestly say Lidls are the worst job experience i have ever had, you have been warned !
Pros
Cons
Please Please read my review
Fast paced
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 February 2018
Lidl is a job were you have to be doing 101 at the one time, that's why I don't have have a job role as I'm a duty manager, cashier, cleaner, stock working, and a baker
Pros
Good wages
Cons
A lot of running about
Fast paced workplace, with lots of enjoyment
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire6 February 2018
A typical day at Lidl starts fast paced and the foot never comes off the pedal. It is notoriously a fast paced demanding envioronment for which I thrive in, working well under pressure. Each member of management pushes myself into achieving more out of each day, for the strive for perfection. No day is the same, with delieveries differing, staff on each shift varied and the overall placement of each person during the shift. I personally have grown from store assistant to a top end duty manager, pushing for the next management step, although it is a tiring job. The hardest part of the job is the fact there is always the drive for what is next to be done and at times you stand back and think wow, there is so much to get done in such a short space of time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be staff interaction and success of the shift, to look at the staff with a beaming smile and to see the store looking sharp makes myself feel proud of each shift I complete when in charge.
Pros
Company discount and staff interaction
Cons
Relentless
productive and fast paced
Trainee duty Manager/Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newtown, Powys6 February 2018
it was a fun and friendly place to work. the staff were good to work with in a busy environment.i learned every duty of the duty managers and wished to learn more.
Pros
holidays
Fast paced work environment
Deputy Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Seaforth4 February 2018
Been here for a few years and worked with all different types of people. Progressed to a duty manager and run my own shifts but would like to get a new job possibly in a different career path.
Cons
Long hours.
Pluses and Minuses
Goods In Operative (Current Employee) –  Runcorn4 February 2018
Overall i think Lidl is good place as long as you work for Goods In Side, they treat you like you treat them, if you head that way, you gonna be good :)
ok
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilford, Greater London3 February 2018
time keeping and management is rubbish your doing a two persons job. very unorganised. wouldn't want to work for lidl again. you need to remember codes for things you sell and if your unable to learn those codes you get a warning.
No higher management training
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Somerset1 February 2018
Higher management treat you like dirt have texts and voice messages from regional manager verbally abusing me and threatening me with my job almost daily
Fun workplace
Goods In Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands29 January 2018
very stressful
how to manage a large of group of people and still keep an operation going at all times
the hardest part of the job was keeping people motivated when there is a lot of work to get through.
Awful
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  King Street Aberdeen29 January 2018
Following a good interview I was excited to start working at Lidl, however as days turned into weeks I was disappointed when the manager of the store kept putting off my start date due to “induction errors”. Eventually he allowed me to start working in the warehouse without customer interaction because I had not done any training. I spent the majority of my shifts breaking up cardboard and packaging and pulling heavy deliveries off the delivery vans - all without mandatory health and safety training (despite asking to do it). Worse still were the “4 weeks in advance” rotas which were actually 1 week notice of shifts that could change at any time (including on the day of your shift). Then do not expect to get paid on time or the correct amount of money earned - you will be deducted wages for all breaks (if you are lucky enough to get breaks on shift but even if you work through them, the time will still be deducted from your pay). Worst management I have ever come across - an embarassment to the retail industry!
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
no notice of shifts, poor management, no training, disputed wages
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Inverness-shire, Highland29 January 2018
Lovely staff and lovely environment and a great place to work yourself up to manger position they give you so much encouragement and help all in all a great company
Highly pressurized working environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire28 January 2018
Good salary. Highly pressurized working environment, but varied duties. Can be too long a day, especially during stock counts, which is done monthly. Staff turnover can be high sometimes; the good part you meet different people, and some become friends.
Pros
Good salary
Cons
It's not a nice job.....
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire25 January 2018
Worked like a slave and the Manager and Duty Manager always says FASTER all day, lifting a lot.
Always under staffed. Some of colleague are ok, same of them NO, i am not fell like i am part of the team.
The pay is good, 10% discount is ok, but it almost pass a month and i didn't received my discount card....
The rota is very strange, you can work till 8pm and start the next day at 4am unloading pallets.
Like new employee gives you shifts on all weekends and free time in the middle on the week when everybody is at work.
Long shifts about 10-12h with only 30 min break...
I like working on till.
The next step up in my career
Freshness Manager (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire24 January 2018
A excellent introduction into how the stores are serviced from the Regional Distribution Centre.
Checking quality, dates, condition & presentation of the product were all key components to servicing the stores.
Pros
Great learning curve
Cons
N/a
Typical day
A senior manager (Current Employee) –  South of England23 January 2018
Working in a team to deliver regional results across supplier relations, goods in, selection, transportation, retail sales and administration including property management.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours
very busy
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Leatherhead21 January 2018
Lidl was a very busy place as the store was a flag ship one you had sales management coming and going whenever they liked and was very fussy on the slightest thing out of place
Cons
Long Hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl. Our community is ready to answer.

41K