Lidl Employee Review

Fast paced workplace, with lots of enjoyment
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Leyland, Lancashire6 February 2018
A typical day at Lidl starts fast paced and the foot never comes off the pedal. It is notoriously a fast paced demanding envioronment for which I thrive in, working well under pressure. Each member of management pushes myself into achieving more out of each day, for the strive for perfection. No day is the same, with delieveries differing, staff on each shift varied and the overall placement of each person during the shift. I personally have grown from store assistant to a top end duty manager, pushing for the next management step, although it is a tiring job. The hardest part of the job is the fact there is always the drive for what is next to be done and at times you stand back and think wow, there is so much to get done in such a short space of time. The most enjoyable part of the job would be staff interaction and success of the shift, to look at the staff with a beaming smile and to see the store looking sharp makes myself feel proud of each shift I complete when in charge.
Pros
Company discount and staff interaction
Cons
Relentless

Other Lidl Employee Reviews

Would need to pay me double
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lancashire21 May 2018
Such a shame as when I went to the RDC I was really excited to start working at Lidl. However, after only a week of training I knew it was just a facade put on and the real life of Lidl was a joke. The management was full of self-centred and ignorant people who took pride in breaking your back with work and demanding you work extra hours / come in earlier. I tried to persevere through ( I even moved locations) but to no avail. It seems, in my case anyways, that the senior staff at Lidl are power hungry individuals with no regards for the well being of their staff.

Another thing, not associated with the job as such, Lidl have to throw a lot of their unsold bakery items away at the end of the day, but rather than give it to the homeless shelters nearby, it gets bagged up and thrown away. My suggestions to do the former were shot down which was very disappointing.
Pros
Can't knock the bakery items
Cons
I can't be bothered typing anymore, sorry, just don't apply.
Warehouse
Picker/Packer (Former Employee) –  London20 May 2018
Good job worked there 3 years would like to work there again !! Good inviormenf to work good hours and decent pay always liked working in the past of the team
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl. Our community is ready to answer.

41.1K