Lidl Pay & Benefits reviews

Would not recommend management with this company unless you live to work.
assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  North West19 April 2018
Unsociable hrs, 50 hrs plus per wk and expected to do extra. Pay not good when you actually work out your hrly rate. Regularly working through breaks.
Rotas two wks in advance when should be three.
Lack of communication, team spirit and team development.
Management rule with a tell approach.
Pros
discount off shopping
Cons
long hrs
good role but robotic
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Braintree18 April 2018
enjoyed my time here but found it very restrictive to grow as a manager. I think it is best for colleagues who are starting out in their management career
Pros
good salary
Cons
poor work life balance
Boaring
Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London17 April 2018
Expected to work silly shift patterns with no regard for family or social life.
Over worked In a repeatative mind numbing job
Get stuck on tills most of your shift with a poxy 30min break.
Told to work at a stupid fast pace, with most managers moaning about staff
Keep moving staff around to other stores which can create a unstable environment.
Pros
Good basic salary
Cons
Early starts late nights
Bad Manager
Store Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nottingham15 April 2018
Awful Management, expect the world and never give any praise for the hard work you put in. Pay is great but expect to be treated like a worthless slave for it
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
great benefits not a good work life balance
graduate scheme (Former Employee) –  England12 April 2018
long hours, no work life balance, expected to work over 50 hours in one week with no recognition for the favours you have given. changing as a company however never follow through.
difficult company to work for in the end
Duty Manager (Former Employee) –  Dereham, Norfolk10 April 2018
when I first started the job was enjoyable, but then the criteria for each member of staff changed, less time to work delivery, having to scan more items per minute. it became stressful working there
Pros
good rates of pay
Stressful, Bad Managment
Selector (Current Employee) –  Exeter Airport7 April 2018
I found the job to be highly stressful, with expectations to be to high for the job that is done. Payroll are always losing holiday forms or messing up pay.
Awful company
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bridgend, Bridgend1 April 2018
The moment you join "Team Lidl" is the moment your life gets forced to take a back seat. They "pay well" only if they give you the hours you are contracted for (which is rare). After a certain time, YOU OWE THEM money for them not giving you your contracted hours. You are expected to work all hours of the day, and are treated like a pariah if you dare form an opinion of your own. If it's a quick quid in your pocket you want, join Lidl. If it's job satisfaction, avoid like the plague. And if you have a family to consider, Lidl is definitely not for you.
Pros
decent hourly rate
Cons
treated like second rate beings, rarely given contracted hours, expected to work all hours of day and night
Challenging workplace
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Kaunas30 March 2018
It requires a quite amount of flexibility, but the salary is really competitive. One of the biggest disadvantages is unstable lunch breaks, e.g. you can get lunch at 9 pm.
Cons
Unpredictable lunch break time
It was a chill place as my colleagues helped me out to understand the basics that required for the job
Supermarket Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greece28 March 2018
I had to carry all the time, but that wasnt a problem. My colleagues was very helpful and motivated. I used to work there part time as I was still student.
Pros
Free lunches
hard but fair
Full time position, Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Richmond22 March 2018
Hard work within a well oiled team environment. Well paid but earn your money through a continued expectation of hard work throughout every shift in store.
Pros
pay well
Cons
long days
Retail
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bingham15 March 2018
Pretty much like many other retailers except they do pay more on average but they requires to work very very hard and to be doing several task at once, Shift pattern work mean you won'y get a job life balance and will often call you in at a drop of the hat.
Pros
Ok Wage
Cons
Long hours, Shift pattern
Poor work home life babance
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  West Wickham13 March 2018
I was increasingly finding that I was spending way too much time working and sleep was becoming near non existent. Duty managers expected to carry out role of manager but without the benefits. Apart from this a very enjoyable role.
Productive and fun work environment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham5 March 2018
You had a start time but didn't have a finish time incase you received a order that needed to go out and was relying on public transport to get from and to work so when I was finishing at 2am and there was no public transport running I was having to walk 2 hours home after a 12 hour shift
Cons
good
Night Shift Worker (Former Employee) –  Walthamstow22 February 2018
staff were helpful and enjoyable to work with i liked the fact that everyone worked well as a team the pay was good for the hours I was working and a all round good place to work
Pros
pay
Cons
cleaning
Move on to next job ad !
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon7 February 2018
Dont waste your time even reading this job ad, because Lidls lie.
I started working in the warehouse operative roll several months ago, I was employed on the understanding that you worked 5 days on 2 days off, this lasted just a few weeks then things started to change, I now have to work 6 and 7 days in a row and have to take my days off separately one day at a time for the most part, furthermore I took on a night shift roll which pays an extra £1 an hour, which equates to approx £1200 on your salary per year just recently Lidls have decided to axe all night shifts at very short notice and although have offered day shifts there are no guaranties of any permanent work, I warn you again by someone who has seen what Lidls are capable of by unfortunately working for them, There are many many other bad aspects of working here but i hope you get the idea of what Lidls are like to work for, I can honestly speak from experience as I have worked for many companies in this industry for over 3 decades and i can honestly say Lidls are the worst job experience i have ever had, you have been warned !
Pros
Cons
Please Please read my review
Fast paced
Duty Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, Glasgow7 February 2018
Lidl is a job were you have to be doing 101 at the one time, that's why I don't have have a job role as I'm a duty manager, cashier, cleaner, stock working, and a baker
Pros
Good wages
Cons
A lot of running about
Highly pressurized working environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Luton, Bedfordshire28 January 2018
Good salary. Highly pressurized working environment, but varied duties. Can be too long a day, especially during stock counts, which is done monthly. Staff turnover can be high sometimes; the good part you meet different people, and some become friends.
Pros
Good salary
Typical day
A senior manager (Current Employee) –  South of England23 January 2018
Working in a team to deliver regional results across supplier relations, goods in, selection, transportation, retail sales and administration including property management.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Hours
Alright
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coventry20 January 2018
Lidl is a good place to work if you only care about the money, the staff are friendly and it’s nice to work there , management do not appreciate all the overtime and all the hard work you do.
Pros
Money
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl. Our community is ready to answer.

41K