Lidl Employee Reviews for Warehouse Worker

Dead end job
Warehouse Operative/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham4 April 2018
A typical day at work ~ for me is doing the same mundane, boring task.. picking boxes. I seem to be one of very few people tidying up after the idiots I have the displeasure of working with. I also expect be harrased by managers because my pick rate is dropping, but the things they don't seen to realise is that I am not slacking off, I'm simply having to stop what I'm supposed to be doing in order to keep the work place tidy and respectable.

What I learned at Lidl ~ I have worked at Lidl for several years now, I have learned nothing which can allow me to climb the ladder there, nothing which I didn't already know either, they have not entertained me at all despite me asking countless times.

Management ~ An absolute shambles.

Workplace culture ~ I feel like I work with children, I am surrounded by people who don't want to work, and it affects my performance as a result.

The hardest part of the job ~ The repetativness, the people I have to work with, my bosses.. I can't choose which is worse so I'm just going to pick them all.

The most enjoyable part of the job ~ Going home each day and getting my pay at the end of the month.

I can't reccomend working here if you value yourself as a person who wants to progress and succeed in life, because at Lidl you will not reach those goals.
Pros
They always ask for overtime ~ if that's what you're into.
Cons
Terrible pay, terrible management, terrible co-workers
Werehouse Operative
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Lidl24 February 2018
Picking By Voice Commands
Learn a lot of warehouse operative duties
Management is helpful more than enough.
Workplace culture - is everyone polite and helpful as well.
The hardest part of the job was first day, because of nervous how is everything will be, what will be need to do and etc.
The most enjoyable part of the job - every day I am coming there with smile, because I am giving all my self to that place, all my strength, all my passion. I like physical job.
Pros
Lidl discount
Move on to next job ad !
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Exeter, Devon7 February 2018
Dont waste your time even reading this job ad, because Lidls lie.
I started working in the warehouse operative roll several months ago, I was employed on the understanding that you worked 5 days on 2 days off, this lasted just a few weeks then things started to change, I now have to work 6 and 7 days in a row and have to take my days off separately one day at a time for the most part, furthermore I took on a night shift roll which pays an extra £1 an hour, which equates to approx £1200 on your salary per year just recently Lidls have decided to axe all night shifts at very short notice and although have offered day shifts there are no guaranties of any permanent work, I warn you again by someone who has seen what Lidls are capable of by unfortunately working for them, There are many many other bad aspects of working here but i hope you get the idea of what Lidls are like to work for, I can honestly speak from experience as I have worked for many companies in this industry for over 3 decades and i can honestly say Lidls are the worst job experience i have ever had, you have been warned !
Pros
Cons
Please Please read my review
workplace
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Belvedere, Greater London19 November 2017
It's very close to home and good place to work. people here are great to work with and well managed. The hours of work is good. The discount for staff helps with the family shopping
happy enviroment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire19 November 2017
i would start my day at lidl doing picking using voice machine on ppt truck i would pick from the freezer or chiller or fruit and veg stacking the products onto pallets then shrink wrapping the pallet and taking it to its lane to be deliverd to store
competitive and hard working
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset3 November 2017
it was a very good place to work , where you had pick rates , , each employee had their own pick rate , but we some times competed with each other, The management were very helpful and easy approachable,
Pros
free use of canteen, free fruit on tuesday, biscuit friday and 10% discount card
Cons
some times work ran out
friendly workplace
Pesent Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset17 October 2017
iv worked at here for over 5 years . although it is a great place to work I would like a change. the management are great .and I have enjoyed working there.
Working experience
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Northfleet, Kent17 September 2017
Good company fast past business skill development in all areas in the warehouse and becoming a experience warehouse operative quick and easy and learn new things
Picker
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  London14 September 2017
very good organization of work, flexible hours, good work culture, low salary, overtime availble, generally recommended for people who are looking for work in a warehouse
not pleasant workplace
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Nutts Corner11 September 2017
It is an hard work place whit not guaranteed hours.
The management is more interested in office duties than for manage their work force. The hardest part of the job is been focus on your daily routine because is no official rules or job description how you should do the job.Work culture isn't there everyone work for themselves. Most ennoble part on this job is lunch break or any break during the shifts and holiday leave.
Good work enviroment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham24 August 2017
Good wage, good work hours. Unfortunately the work was temporary. Also inhouse forklift licience, secure car park available. This job would of been perfect if it was not temp.
Pros
Good work hours & wage
Cons
Temporary.
Not a great place to work
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Wednesbury, West Midlands27 July 2017
Higher level management don't have a clue about low level job roles and can't make a decision to save their life. Love making work so much harder than it needs to be.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Was ok
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Runcorn27 July 2017
A good group of people to work with, a few management problems, good salary, ok benefits, hours were good, rota was set at four on two off so you could plan your days off
Pros
Good people working with
Cons
Bad management
Productive and fun place to work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Runcorn, Cheshire7 July 2017
Its a decent place to work good rate of pay and an annual pay rise of a good 25p+ an hour only problem is set shifts so getting a life out of work is hard
fun workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Aycliffe, Durham5 July 2017
enjoyable work with good people around to work with. never had any issues always was fun to go to work and would rate the workplace very good to anyone looking to work there
Its really great to work with people and get to know people making new friends
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ashton-Under-Lyne, Greater Manchester30 May 2017
I've worked extremely hard on my work placement so the I'm good at the more I will get a payed job. Because I have different experience and skills that it.
productive
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe13 May 2017
Straight Forward job as a Distribution Operative. Need to be able to focus and work at a fast pace. Will get noticed forward work.. picks are very important but accuracy is just as important
Heavy work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe30 March 2017
I was sold a lie. No wonder they bribe you with chocolate when you start. I was physically exhausted after 2 shifts in the fruit and veg dept. This is where everyone starts unless your are a woman or old (sexist and ageist) you will be expected to stack pallets To 6ft with boxes. All of them are heavy. You will have to negotiate walking over pallets with boxes while trying not to trip over strapping. All the time being told to go fast. American chain gangs have it easier! Dont do it to yourself. You can do better. £8.45ph is a cin to get you through the door.
Pros
Cons
You will die of exhaustion
Very poor work/life balance
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Nutts Corner,County Antrim25 March 2017
Took this job thinking that it would offer quality benefits and working hours with it being a German company but the 'hands on' training on shop floor was appaulling.wasnt even shown how it log into the screen on the llop truck,i had to learn by asking colleagues and trial and error.job itself is easy but some of the warehouse op's who hace been there for years are arrogant and constantly telling u u this or that wrong.

Shift patterns are awful as they never rotate and i am expected to work 1pm to 9pm every day except thursday and saturday which i have off and sunday which i am expected to work 2pm to 10pm every week! Find that i have no time to organise my life outside work,job may suit someone with no friends or family or no social life whatsoever.
Pros
paid minimum contracted hours regardless of attendance
Cons
no work/life balance.some arrogant co workers
good money not worth the graft
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire3 March 2017
too much expectation to hit pick rates very strenuous. you can hack it but will spend your off days just recovering from work. good hourly rate but banked hours is a con and they will take some money back off you eventually through that.