Lidl Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

Bad Manager
Store Assistant/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Nottingham15 April 2018
Awful Management, expect the world and never give any praise for the hard work you put in. Pay is great but expect to be treated like a worthless slave for it
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Worst company to work for, would not recommend
Store Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London24 March 2018
They tell you lies, they teach you not to respect the customers and the tricks they teach you do not favour the customer, I am surprised they are still in business. I am now at Asda alot better and happier
Pros
staff card
Cons
The Management training, rubbish
fab atmosphere
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  leeds gipton19 February 2018
really enjoyed my time at lidl.
learned how to use their tills stock control
and loved interacting with the customers
going in on a morning i always watered flowers after getting my till ready for my shift
during day if store wasn't busy i would help fill up shelves
and clean store before leaving with other staff
Pros
great company
Store Assistant
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Morpeth, Northumberland29 December 2017
Just the same as any other store work really, although you work both the shop floor and the tills as well as being the clean up crew too. The deliveries would come in in the morning and you have to stack the shelves as well as running the store, its not a hard place to work but as you have to pull pallets around you need to be able to be active.
Fun workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Harpurhey10 December 2017
It's hard work and the days are long, a lot of variety of tasks to do. It does get busy and stressful at times but great colleagues and good management at shop level make this a fun place to work
Pros
Pay
Cons
long days
fun team to work with, unsociable work hours, physically demanding
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, West Yorkshire24 November 2017
Depending on when you start your shift 5am starts consist of putting out stock until we open which can be quite strenuous. Late shifts usually consist of being on the tills as it tends to be very busy, if you get off the tills you're de-carding the store. Some late shifts can finish 10pm or later depending on how busy the store was.

I work with a good group of people at Lidl but I am aware some store managers can be quite lazy and unapproachable.

Good rate of pay and flexible with hours, if you need a shift covering (usually) someone will do it for you. Not as easy to get more hours if you want them though.

Very busy, fast paced environment but will be rewarding if you want to progress within the company.
Pros
10% discount, good team
Cons
5am starts, late finishes, physically demanding
Great staff brilliant company
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cardiff, Cardiff21 November 2017
I enjoyed it here it was fun and outgoing. Staff are amazing and you learn new things quickly here not just one thing you learn a variety. Good to work for
Pros
Staff discount
Cons
Traveling so far away
I'd work there again
Store Assistant/Non Food coordinator Manager (Former Employee) –  Caerphilly30 October 2017
Long hours and lots of overtime was available. Couldn't really take my breaks because it was so busy and management didn't really let me take my breaks. Apart from that it was hard work, allot of grafting and I enjoyed it! I love working hard, makes the day go quicker.
Pros
good wage
Cons
Long hours, never get your break, allot of grafting
Good team, terrible management.
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newark-on-Trent, Nottinghamshire30 October 2017
Read some reviews for Lidl before working for the company. They were not positive to say the least. The job started out fine, when working away at a seperate training site. But once moved in to official building it quickly went down hill. Management were rude, inconsiderate and you were never considered good enough.
Worked to the bone, always understaffed - better than average pay
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Launceston, Cornwall22 October 2017
Worked like a slave.
Always under staffed
The pay is better than average.
Could finish work at midnight and start again at 5am
High turn over of staff, and many require sick on a regular basis.
Pros
Pay is better than most supermarkets
Cons
Worked like a dog
Good pay poor attitude to staff
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Page Moss1 October 2017
Good pay but management constantly belittle staff! Had money taken out of my till and then put back to say this is how a tobber would act and a manager who tried to threaten me but backed off after me standing my ground. Plus after having pertinity leave i recieved my redunsancy leave notice on return to work! Rediculous
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Poor managment
I did enjoy working for lidl
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester, Leicestershire26 September 2017
I enjoyed working for lidl ,working with my peers and meeting people, I worked replenish ing stock ,they were very good to work for,just the hours were long
Pros
Good work colleagues
Stressed Staff.
Store Assistant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Great Torrington15 September 2017
under staffed =stressed staff at all levels.always in a hurry to do everything fast,then there is not a lot to do=boredom.............................
Pros
non really
Cons
5am starts 11pm finishes
Busy
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dagenham, Greater London17 July 2017
Bust & fast paced workplace.

I learned how to remain calm under pressure - such as extremely busy times.

Mixed culture.

Some heavy lifting.

Management are ok
Fun and productive workplace
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Norwich, Norfolk15 July 2017
The job was very enjoyable, long shifts and always things to do. The average day was very busy, we had a delivery everyday so in the morning we had all the fresh meats, milk, and chilled pallets to work and stok the shelfs and then in the eavening we had the ambient to work.
Hard work but never dull
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Llanelli2 July 2017
Lidl is actually one of the better part time jobs i've had, the staff were friendly and the atmosphere was relaxed as long as you did your job. The pay is also higher than most other supermarkets.
Pros
relatively high pay, flexible rota
Cons
never went home on time
good job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brechin, Angus21 June 2017
I enjoy this job very much. engaging with customers and keeping busy with deliveries. Vey balanced home/work life. Usually they work around your situation and needs. However I did have a bad experience where the managers had no idea how to deal with a harassment situation.
Pros
secure job. decent salary.
Cons
poor management in certain areas.
productive work place
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sheffield17 June 2017
hard working and very fast paced which makes the day go quick. always jobs to do and there is never a dull moment. you are a close team working well together. you learn a variety of skills especially being innovative and the ability to overcome difficult tasks.
Pros
staff discount
Cons
Customers are hard to work with
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Burnham-on-Sea, Somerset1 June 2017
If you can't deal with customers complaining then lidls isn't for you, it wasn't for me that's all customers do is complain, even when their wrong and you have management backing you up they still complain, management isn't the best they do less work for an extra wage, promotion? you'll have a better chance winning the lottery than being promoted. just like most places, pay was good, job requirements was hard on the tills.

Truth is Lidl is great to work for, however the location I worked in England was bad especially if your a welsh man, let's face it if your from a different country most locals not all but most - hate us all thanks to the stupid false TV entertainment.

Although the welsh TV programs like gavin and stacy and stella are great they have their down falls like twin town is the worst by far.
Pros
You get to go home :)
Cons
Sign your patients away on the dotted line ...... lol
Very good productive company and had a fun culture with good company benefits
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Uxbridge, Greater London and Pinner15 May 2017
LIDL is a very good company which gives its staff a very good and satisfactory salary and other benefits.

Working in LIDL I learned how to communicate with customers, dealing with refunds handling vulnerable customers. I learned about stock taking, back office work, till operations, team management, how to open and close the store, store standards, dealing with shop lifting and problem solving and deliveries.

The management was very helpful to train the staff and from Store Manager to Operations manager knows the staff personally and they are very helpful as well as very friendly.

The workplace culture was a fun culture and sometimes it becomes conflict which the staff can get new ideas to make things easier.

The most hardest part was when I first learned about deliveries and shelving heavy stuff.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with a good team.
Pros
Staff discount Card/ sick pay/holiday pay