Lidl Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

Fun place to work
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Wolverhampton, West Midlands8 January 2018
Lovely staff to work with. Good hours and they pay a good salary. Very happy place to work and always feel motivated. Nice customers. Good staff incentives and discounts.
Management very poor
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southend, Essex10 December 2017
Great company overall great pay and hours always there, trained in all aspect of supermarket retail although in store management very poor. Loved the job but management is very poor speacialy store managers assistant Collette very rude to new stuff. Store 0743 Southend on Sea
Pros
Never have break on time
Cons
amazing team to work with
Customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Saltash30 November 2017
experience working at lidl was great as i met some amazing people and i worked in the store helping people and had brilliant training and i gave me a good insight into working with the public.
Plain Mayhem
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hawkinge20 October 2017
Having worked at Lidl's I have seen it getting better for the staff, the pay is reasonable but you're expected to work darn hard for what you get!
The hours can be unsociable as you're on part-time contracts expected to have full time availability (what store doesn't these days?) and you're pretty much told, those are your shifts, needs of the business, be here, even if you requested that day off months in advance.
Much like anything shop related, it is highly dependent of the management and in my time there I had chalk and cheese so it's not all bad and it was improving constantly right up until I left and as far as I can tell, still is.
Busy super market that attract many customers due to its costs and promotions.
customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Leicester/Gipsy Lane16 October 2017
I have spent 10 years of working at this company, where i have learnt a lot of skills to deal with the customers' queries either on the tills or on the shop floor. I'm grateful to the benefits i earned from LIDL.
Pros
I know how to handle differents tasks from this fast paced company.
Cons
Low pay and poor management.
working
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenock28 September 2017
Worst place to work , like a miletery camp. Not aloud to speak to colleuges, get moaned at if you arent working fast enough ! ( Over workedd !!!!) Shifts are long tireing ... Worst ever !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Need to get musiccccc especially if you are working a 10 or longer hour shift would drive you to tears !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pros
Reasonable pay
Cons
Long hours, No music, To serious, Un happy enviroment
Good if you enjoy this kind of thing
Customer Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City13 September 2017
So rational its irrational. Very time oriented with high pressure on each task daily, no margin for error. Told to avoid talking to customers and to instead focus on speed, which to me goes against my ideals. There was never any room to explain yourself to management and every day was excess stress. If you enjoy working fast all the time with no room to interact with staff and customers then this is not the place for you.

The pay however, is good, although you do the work of two people compared with the likes of Tesco. 10% discount is an added bonus! makes LIDL even cheaper!
Pros
decent pay
Cons
felt exploited
Pay you well in order to keep you
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Oswestry, Shropshire4 September 2017
Loved the actual job but the training & management were a joke. There's a reason they're the best payers - it keeps people in their employment!! Training was pretty much non existent, management unapproachable & selfish. Hours inflexible.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Fun workplace, however sometimes stressful
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk27 August 2017
Fast paced environment, most of time busy.
I have developed my communication skills and customer service awareness.The hardest part of work was waking up early morning
Pros
Discount Card
Cons
Different shifts
Improvement can be made
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woolwich15 August 2017
I felt management was poor, no one knew how to run the store. We had muitple applicants for Lidl in Woolwich and they were all moved to somewhere else because how out store was being run to the group and I still feel we could do better as a company in woolwich. The hours may be long however it is good pay and I can't argue with that. However I wouldn't get my fix hours a week. So for example I'm on 25 hours per week. I only get 16 hours. That's something I'm not to happy about.
Pros
Making loads of money
Cons
Didn't get all my hours I was promised in my con

Want to know more about Lidl?

Ask a question
Good money
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset17 July 2017
If you're looking for a job just to get you by for a while then here is the job for you. It has an excellent pay rate and probably the best retail job in the area.

Being in retail definitely challenges you on a everyday basis if your not just chucked on a till for the rest of your days there.
never a dull moment
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Horley, Surrey10 July 2017
It is a good company to work for. It can get get very physical sometimes so be prepared to really work for your money. It is a very busy work environment.
Overall a good place to work
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham5 July 2017
A fast paced working environment where there's always work to be done. Managers are always encouraging and keen to help out. Only downfall of my experience was how my transfer was handled.
Not very good
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Southampton, Hampshire4 July 2017
Although the pay is attractive the role itself is very poor, always short staffed so you feel like you have do 2 or 3 persons work in the one shift, deliveries never on time and due to this you quite often get asked to leave and then come back when the delivery has turned up, sickness is rife and nothing ever seems to get done about the same people being off all the time, overall 3-5 years with no chance of getting any high then duty manager (as they only take on graduates for assistant mangers) in a place like this will leave you with so many aches and pains that you'll wish you never even bothered applying in the first place
fast paced, fun
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ipswich, Suffolk23 June 2017
working for lidl can sometimes be good get paid decently, and the management can be good at times, my typical day at work is mostly on till but it can be all sorts really you never know what you're are going to get sometimes, the most enjoyable part of the job is the people are work with they are pretty incredible to be honest hard working, caring, and just easy to get on with. The biggest thing this job has taught me is people skills and working with the public, and just talking to people which i would have never been able to do before
Boring , unproductive and mundane
Customer assistant (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Barking, London, UK13 June 2017
it was a bad experience overall as a worker are used as a donkey but paid to keep the abusive workplace legal.i would recommend that if you want to work for retail apply Sainsbury's.
Pros
can be a little late
Cons
very long and tedious work
Fun workplace
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aberdeen, Aberdeen City11 June 2017
I get on with everyone in the store and we work well together as a team. I don't feel i can't ask anyone for help if i need it and I can go to my managers if I have any problems.
Pros
Increase in wages every month
Cons
Secure and decent place to work
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bexhill4 June 2017
Lidl is a great company to work for as their rate of pay is very competitive with the national living wage. There is great support for the jobs you want to do within the company. If you want to progress there is help and encouragement to pursue higher levels within the company or if you prefer to stay within a post you're comfortable with, you are supported and respected the same as every employee.
Pros
High pay rate
Cons
Difficult to balance life and work, unsociable hours such as 4am starts and 11pm finishes, (not in one shift)
Good place to work, not enough hours.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Rushden, Northamptonshire1 June 2017
a lot is expected of you at Lidl, but you make great friends and that makes the work easier. you don't get enough hours so the pay isn't great, but the standard hourly rate is good.
Pros
Good Pay, Great People
Cons
Not enough hours
Excellent pay, bleed for every penny.
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  Boscombe, Dorset19 May 2017
Very good training provided.
Workplace culture could be improved, staff overworked in my opinion.
Management may make you feel guilty when ill/injured due to the store being understaffed
10-12 hour shifts are definitely the hardest as only half an hours break is given.
Excellent pay.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl. Our community is ready to answer.