Lidl Employee Reviews in Weston-super-Mare

Fast paced workplace
Duty Manager/cashier (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare12 January 2018
Working for Lidl is a great job if you like to be on the go all the time. The fun never stops, it is not a typical cashier job where you only serve customers, when not serving there is always something else to do. Great employers, always treated me well.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Very physcal job
competitive and hard working
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset3 November 2017
it was a very good place to work , where you had pick rates , , each employee had their own pick rate , but we some times competed with each other, The management were very helpful and easy approachable,
Pros
free use of canteen, free fruit on tuesday, biscuit friday and 10% discount card
Cons
some times work ran out
friendly workplace
Pesent Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset17 October 2017
iv worked at here for over 5 years . although it is a great place to work I would like a change. the management are great .and I have enjoyed working there.
Good money
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset17 July 2017
If you're looking for a job just to get you by for a while then here is the job for you. It has an excellent pay rate and probably the best retail job in the area.

Being in retail definitely challenges you on a everyday basis if your not just chucked on a till for the rest of your days there.
Perfect workplace to gain experience
Assistant Team Manager (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset31 March 2017
Grate opportunity to gain experience. Get chance to work in deferent departments and learn new skills . Good working environment and friendly staff. Highly recommend .
Productive and dinamic workplace
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, Somerset1 February 2017
Mulricultural and multiethnic workplace , with good management , phisicaly demanding , I learned to work in several positions , reasonable have to do preasure
-poor
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare26 July 2016
management were very poor, they would threaten you with your job if you asked to see a risk assessment for your department.
physically demanding
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare9 March 2016
very repetitive and physically demanding job.
good, fair and strong management team.
high turn over of staff.
best part- fair pay, good holiday allowance.
hardest part- long hours, physical, repetitive.
Pros
good pay, good amount of holiday allowance
Cons
physically demanding - very repetitive.
workplace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare14 December 2015
the is probably 5% chance of ever getting promoted, work and family life balance is not really considered as they want you to put company needs first.
Pros
cheap alcohol give aways
Cons
no set finish time
Poor management and unfriendly enviroment
Warehouse operative (Current Employee) –  weston-super-mare16 March 2015
Working here is more of a chore than most jobs.. the management is poor and rude to staff and shift patterns are terrible, the job itself is simple and easy enough tho can become repetitive after a while. this job is a job after all tho i would recommend staying away unless your desperate for something.
Cons
bad hours, poor management
Diverse
Warehouse Operative/Picker (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, ENG18 January 2015
A typical day would be to change into our protective clothing and clock in, then collect our picking trucks and report to the office for our picking equipment. I would then start up the picking device and listen for my first order. I would pick my order, once finished I would wrap it up and label it then deliver the order to the correct delivery lane. This cycle would repeat itself until the end of the day.
In this role I have learnt to increase my self motivation and to inject some ingenuity into the role to increase the efficiency of my working performance.
My co workers were excellent as they would assist me should I need it and when I first joined taught me some invaluable skills and tricks for the trade.
The hardest part of the job was trying to hit your set targets for the day, the company would constantly push you harder and harder for higher result.
The most enjoyable part was the bonus' we received at Christmas time.
Pros
Easy job role, solitary, christmas bonus'
Cons
difficult hours, cold temperature, hard physical labour.
repetative job
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  weston super mare3 November 2014
job was repetitive and not rewarding, unsocialable hours and rota for days off was given unfairly
Hard Work, Good to work for.
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, ENG16 October 2014
it gets very cold in the chill area of the warehouse working with ambient products, i learned to work under pressure and at a fast pace. Managers are helpful if you have any problems in the work place.
Cons
Late finishes
enjoyable place to work but the hours wasnt practical
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Weston-super-Mare, ENG18 August 2014
the hard part of the job was it was repetative on my back when i was lifting which led to injury.
the best part of the job was the people i worked with and the management.
i have a better understanding of how a warehouse is run.
Pros
free lunch on a friday
Ok workplace
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  weston-super-mare1 September 2013
They are ok. secure job but managers are useless, give you loads of work to do because it doesn't effect them.
ok place to work ,
warehouse opperator (Former Employee) –  weston super mare5 August 2012
my day at lidl warehouse entailed going in and looking to see where i was for the shift , and enjoying the jobs allocated , a good company to work for in the warhouse anyway , dont rate much to the store work , i still work for the company just transfered to the store
Pros
reasonable wage