Lidl Employee Reviews in Newton Aycliffe

Dead end job
Warehouse Operative/Forklift Driver (Current Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham4 April 2018
A typical day at work ~ for me is doing the same mundane, boring task.. picking boxes. I seem to be one of very few people tidying up after the idiots I have the displeasure of working with. I also expect be harrased by managers because my pick rate is dropping, but the things they don't seen to realise is that I am not slacking off, I'm simply having to stop what I'm supposed to be doing in order to keep the work place tidy and respectable.

What I learned at Lidl ~ I have worked at Lidl for several years now, I have learned nothing which can allow me to climb the ladder there, nothing which I didn't already know either, they have not entertained me at all despite me asking countless times.

Management ~ An absolute shambles.

Workplace culture ~ I feel like I work with children, I am surrounded by people who don't want to work, and it affects my performance as a result.

The hardest part of the job ~ The repetativness, the people I have to work with, my bosses.. I can't choose which is worse so I'm just going to pick them all.

The most enjoyable part of the job ~ Going home each day and getting my pay at the end of the month.

I can't reccomend working here if you value yourself as a person who wants to progress and succeed in life, because at Lidl you will not reach those goals.
Pros
They always ask for overtime ~ if that's what you're into.
Cons
Terrible pay, terrible management, terrible co-workers
Good work enviroment
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham24 August 2017
Good wage, good work hours. Unfortunately the work was temporary. Also inhouse forklift licience, secure car park available. This job would of been perfect if it was not temp.
Pros
Good work hours & wage
Cons
Temporary.
Worse place to work for in aycliffe RDC
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe12 August 2017
Management are an absolute joke, they will rinse the life right out of you just to hit impossible targets, threaten you with your job on a daily basis.
Pros
Non
Cons
The whole work place
productive
Warehouse Operative (Current Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe13 May 2017
Straight Forward job as a Distribution Operative. Need to be able to focus and work at a fast pace. Will get noticed forward work.. picks are very important but accuracy is just as important
Great place
Team Leader/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe9 May 2017
I loved everyday I was with Lidl, it was a hard decision to take the redundancy but it was the right time for me to do this, made loads of great friends for life, I was regarded as a highly valued member of the team with great knowledge of all departments from goods in to goods out..
Pros
Great learning experience
Cons
Very long hours up to 20 on some shifts
Bad shift rota. No Nightshift allowance.
Picker (Current Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, Durham7 April 2017
The warehouse has a high health and safety risk. There was not enough training given. The staff turnover is very high. Not a good place to work at all.
Heavy work
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe30 March 2017
I was sold a lie. No wonder they bribe you with chocolate when you start. I was physically exhausted after 2 shifts in the fruit and veg dept. This is where everyone starts unless your are a woman or old (sexist and ageist) you will be expected to stack pallets To 6ft with boxes. All of them are heavy. You will have to negotiate walking over pallets with boxes while trying not to trip over strapping. All the time being told to go fast. American chain gangs have it easier! Dont do it to yourself. You can do better. £8.45ph is a cin to get you through the door.
Pros
Cons
You will die of exhaustion
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe26 February 2017
lots of hard work and long hours
enjoyed sorting transport and deliveries in/out
good team
shift work
uniform provided
good logisitical training
Pros
Pay rates
Cons
shifts
Hard work but enjoyable
Picker/Packer (Current Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe21 November 2016
I currently work in one of the biggest rdc in the uk on permanent nightshift which starts at 8pm till 430am 6 days a week.
I enjoy work 80% of the time, my colleagues are great, coming from loads of different backgrounds and are easy to get along with. We do work well as a team but there are downfalls to the job. With nightshift having the least amount of workers we have a lot falling on our shoulders, such as finishing the picks previous shifts couldn't be bothered to do and having to do our own also.
Shift allowance is not given and this causes many people to leave due to this, as we are still getting paid the same as the other shifts which isn't fair due to working insociable hours.
Management are great and help you anyway they can.
But training is non existing
Pros
Friendly environment. Great management
Cons
No shift allowance, only get weekends off once every 6 weeks. Long working week.
Most of co workers are easy to get on with and welcoming
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe27 September 2016
Enjoyed working in certain areas although other areas not so much. Plenty of friendly co workers but new manager needs to learn people skills he is very stuck up and talks down to people.
Pros
Company discount
Cons
Extreme long hours and unrealistic targets
a fun work pace
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe5 July 2016
as long as you are hitting the required pick rates then it is a laid back place to work in with great co-workers. I learned that if you let the right people know what you wish to get from a company then when the opportunity arises then your chance will come
Pros
free fruit
Cons
geting sent home early
worse company to work for ever
Experienced warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe2 July 2016
overall safety at lidl was poor, no team work at all and with no finish time we could be there till the early hours making it impossible for some employees to get home, very bad management and poorly run business
Good company
Picker (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe11 January 2016
Only a 12 week contract but appeared to be a good Company to work for if asked would go back as management seemed very approachable
Pros
Free Fruit on offer
Cons
Not easy to get to by public transport
Horrendous
Warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  Newton aycliffe rdc31 August 2014
Terrible place to work! Start you on one shift than change it! No finishing times on the rota! Expected to work overtime every day without fail even if you have plans! Managers are rude and ignorant don't get proper training I was there 3 weeks and walked! Dole was a better option than staying and being treat like a piece of s***
Awful Management
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, ENG27 August 2014
Spent two months of my life in this marvellous place.The work was heavy,monotonous and repetetive,even more so in the fruit and veg chamber.The worst thing about this Lidl warehouse is the management.You will be expected to work overtime at a moments notice (all paid at normal rate) and if you dare to say no you will be harassed,leaned on and threatened with disciplinary action.The shift pattern changed on a daily basis to suit the company's needs.If you decide to work at this place do not expect to have any kind of life as this is not allowed.You are expected to be at Lidl's beck and call.AVOID-AVOID-AVOID
Cons
Very physically demanding with little reward.
Warehouse Operative (Former Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, ENG13 June 2014
Unsociable hours and hard, physically demanding job; with little reward or appreciation.
Long hours - Unpaid
Supervisor Support (Current Employee) –  Newton Aycliffe, ENG29 July 2013
I control over 40 people in different areas ensuring all targets are being met, All stock is being taking correctly and all procedures are being followed. My co-workers and I work long hours until the job is complete and we all get along really well to finish the job properly and as fast as we can. The hardest part of my job is ensuring staff stay on shift and turn up to work as this could lead to a longer day as all of the regional stores must be picked on the day. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with my co-workers (supervisors)
Pros
Quick career advancement
Cons
Long hours, poor pay, no work/life balance, no praise
productive
warehouse operative (Former Employee) –  newton aycliffe29 May 2013
Overall good place to work but not a guarenteed job and also there was no specific time of finnish.