Play YouTube video button

Lidl Employee Reviews

United Kingdom1,275 reviews
Found 1,275 reviews matching the search
Good working place
Good place to work , very fast-paced, sometimes quite stressfull, there is no same day, I've been working in a different stores ( Maidenhead, High wycombe, Slough, Wallingford) so can state that teams are good in a most of them same as manegment. but in my case was difficult to get a promosion despite i was working well, they just keeped promissing a shift maneger interview for more then a year at the same time using me everywhere possible , sending me to different stores to help out and so on plus very aften I had an issues with a head office payroll department very often i was receiving a wrong pay and had to resolve the issues for a month to get my money.
Loved my role the manager was supportive human and friendly
Brilliant company to work for treated staff well with respect and showed compassion where needed
Good salary offered and training on job

Fast paced but I really enjoyed my time there
Not worth the money they pay
Would not recommend working here for long period of time. Eventually management turn on employees and force them out of the company some way of another.
Not good
In order to maximise profits the company keeps its stores chronically understaffed, which leads to:
-overwhelmed/stressed managers

-overwhelmed/stressed employees

-the inability to carry out important tasks

-short breaks (30 minutes)

-suppression of employee rights

-constant breach of the company's own policies

-constant breach of legality itself
fun workplace
staff are friendly and staff discount is good early starts was good, easy to travel 10 minute walk from my house.

nice. staff room and bakery is the best
Great hours
Great place to work if you don't mind hard work. Putting in some overtime shifts boosts your wages, and you get to know your customer's. The more work you do, the easier the job becomes.
Pros
Early finish if you can get on fill shift
Cons
Lates are boring, and could be sat on a till for 8 hours
Fast Paced and Demanding
- culture is based on working quickly.
- given responsibility very quickly.

- competitive culture.

- no two days are the same.

- poor work life balance.
fast-paced can be stressful
very stressful at times, if you like to be on the go constantly this is the job for you. Management have a lot to deal with so can be very stressed out as well.
Fast work, unrealistic staff levels per shift
Need more staff per shift. Work load versus staff ratios are unrealistic most of the time. It’s crazy. Fast paced, which you know at interview. Management care about saving hours, not you. They don’t listen, ignore you and don’t answer you at times. Dont like when using your initiative, Even if your doing a job that needs doing.
Favour other staff members over others, so for example your stuck on a till for over 8 hours instead of using your training to do other jobs.

Pay-is above the national average so that’s a plus.
Avoid Lidl
No proper training
KPI is more important than health and safety

9.30 per h if you are on night shift you won't get £2 shift premium,, rude people. Only one 30 minutes break for 10 hours shift

Easy going work
Easy going on work load but fast paced never standing still alway something to do shelf filling cleaning till work and always happy to help each other there
Not great
Not great place to work, stuck on tills 8 hours a day, not learning nothing new, if you don't click with certain people you are not going to enjoy it. I wouldn't recommend working here unless its for a quick buck.
Dont look after staff
hard work with no help from above, area managers don't help with any issues including mental health. no work life balance, cant use your own initiative
Ridiculous hoop jumping.
Applied for full time during the corona virus to do my part. I'm used to the hassle of online applications but wasn't able to even apply despite spending over 2 HOURS on two separate occasions trying to complete both a full application and then an "assessment".
Assessment is to answer fake question emails. After 25 replies I stopped. No help from the staff in store when I went in either.

Could only speak to a robot on customer service phone. Absolute waste of time.
Zzzz
It’s a good place to work with friendly people I like doing the picking the best on fruit and veg thay have a great team and the management is easy to talk to about any problems you get
Productive and team based workplace
Taking responsibility of all duties in store, from stocking products on the shelves to operating checkouts, cleaning the store to providing support in the warehouse and looking after all customers
Personal Experience
What started as a temporary position for some spending money during my studies, ended in me staying longer as a more permanent fixture of the team.

I recieved training in all areas of the store, even those not necessarily needed for my position. This has granted me the opportunity of progressing should i so choose to in the future.
Tense but rewarding fast pace work
Days go very quick stocking and maintaining shelves. Till speed can be challenging. Always on the go between sections of the shop and tills. the good part is friendly customer service
Awful company
An awful company to work for. They treat u like a expendable commodity to be used and discarded when your usefulness is up. The pay is a joke compared to what is expected of u. Management just up and leave halfway through shift and expect you to know what your doing and do it to there standards even if u have no idea how.
Absolutely awful company.
Good wage and holiday allowance- hard work
shift work with very little work-life balance. employee discount 10%. holiday allowance 30+ days. Very fast-paced. Even in Management positions, you are expected to stack shelves, do cleaning and serve on tills. Not for slackers.
Don't work for lidl!!!
So much backbiting and spiteful behaviour from store management. Heard the current manager from cradley Heath will happily report you behind your back if you get on their bad side, even if you made a honest mistake. Also witnessed inappropriate behaviour from one shift manager who made dirty jokes to staff and has been complained against numerous times I heard them moaning to another staff member about the shifts the store manager out them on and I heard they embarrassed a staff member in front of a load of customers and belittled them badly. The store managers are an absolute disgrace, put heaps of pressure on the poor customer assistants who have to face their wrath when the area manager is not happy with the store performance. No manager in this store knows what they are doing, it's a great wonder as to how they got their jobs here, seriously.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl. Our community is ready to answer.
1.3K