Lidl Employee Reviews

Found 816 reviews matching the search See all 3,941 reviews
Dont do it
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stockton-on-Tees, Durham13 August 2018
All I can say is don't do it.worst company in retailmthey never listen to what you ask have no team spiritand if you have gripes they answer
(If you don't like it don't work for lidl)
Toxic Environment.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Livingston, West Lothian9 August 2018
A typical days work involves answering phone calls to abusive customers all day as well as being given a list of customer emails to respond to - this isn't completed normally due to the high amount of calls. The department expects so much from you even when you try your absolute best. I have never worked in an environment where as soon as you walk into the building the life is completely drained out of you to the point it is not healthy. If you are looking to be in a workplace where you can speak to other colleagues and have a chilled environment - this job is not for you. If you speak to another colleague, you are moaned at by management for chatting resulting in you sitting in absolute silence only answering phone calls. If you go on break to go to the toilet or make a cup of tea - you are moaned at by management for being longer that 5 minutes.
Management are poor. For some unknown reason the management are extremely rude to you. They try to walk all over you and speak to you like you are so beneath them and make you feel incredibly small. It is not a typical office environment - those who were one new starters come in chirpy and happy not knowing within a few months they will be brought down so much to the point they have to leave - staff turnover is VERY high, for every 5 new starts 1 is left by then end of the month. With the Lidl Customer Service office, it is ran completely different to the other offices in Lidl - it is outdated. With customers, your responses by email are very basic and have to be professional. If a customer emails or calls being very humorous, your
  more... response is standard and funny email responses are not allowed. In this day and age it is just very out of date and boring.

Overall I would never recommend this job to anyone. Between management and the abusive customers - it is not healthy to be in such a toxic environment.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Everything Else.
Lidl
Remerch assistant (Current Employee) –  United Kingdom8 August 2018
It’s a great company that treat there staff so good !! Best company ever, they also pay so good ! And some
Job roles even get weekends off !! It’s a good job
Good place to work retail wise
Full time Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  Bicester, Oxfordshire7 August 2018
The pay is good and providing you have the staff (we are always short) it's alright. Have to do multiple tasks and flexible shifts, the latter is why I'm looking for a new job as it does not suit me any longer.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Never enough staff
I think Lidl is a great supermarket .
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Streatham, Greater London4 August 2018
I think Lidl getting bigger in country, is a great supermarket and I wanna give contribution, I wanna get experience and work for Lidl I reckon gonna , good for me get experience from the biggest supermarket like Lidl , I gonna just my best all the time , no lateness get on time and do my work.
Pros
Free lanches
Cleaning
Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Preston, Lancashire2 August 2018
I have done it for years and love doing it I will think my shelf as the best clearer but what and other job for my 2 kids I my bills I like to clean talk and have a laugh
Physical work only
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Chichester, West Sussex1 August 2018
It's not the place where you want to be if you're looking to work on your team engagement or development skills. You are expected to just get the people on your shift to work hard and work twice as hard as them your self.

If you like that and your not interested in autonomy or developing your skills then it's ok. Many have come over with a big pay rise and love having less responsibility.
Truly great place to work for
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Ilfov31 July 2018
Good with overtime and great team
Okay management
Processes well thought through. Lots of fun and reward for hard work.wiyh overtime money was really good.
Pros
Great atmosphere
Cons
Really enjoyed working in both of the stores I managed for Lidl.
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Dorset30 July 2018
Great fast pasted environment. Simple and basic systems. Very efficient and a joy to work for. As a negative most senior management are recruited straight out of university and some lack social skills and business awareness around people and the shop floor.
Pros
Efficient
Cons
Too many changes in senior management
Stressful day
Store Assistant (Current Employee) –  Johnstone, Renfrewshire24 July 2018
Usually a shift starts when I am put on a till or I start baking. Lots of stress behind this job as the company expects the employee to do multiple jobs at one time. Less staff at my store which causes queues and involves more stress. Most of the staff and customers are friendly enough however you get a few bad ones in the bunch, especially the ones that ask stupid questions. However if you enjoy the money and have a high tolerance to stress then I guess you're in the right place.
Pros
Great Pay. The longer you stay, the higher the wages go up.
Cons
Less staff. Long hours. Multitasking at least three jobs at once.
It was a good job but the management and people, not so much.
customer assistant (Former Employee) –  Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire23 July 2018
The job was fairly easy, the worst part was being stuck on a till for your 10 hour shift, and not getting any till support.

The management and duty managers seemed to make the job harder than it had to be because they couldn't be bothered to do theres correctly, always ordering more stock than we could handle for delivery's for example, and just not putting their fair share of effort into the team.

All in all i would work for Lidl again, but not at the same store.
Pros
good wage
Cons
early starts, long shifts, bad management
It is decent
Customer Assistant (Current Employee) –  London20 July 2018
Decent job for someone who wants a lil bit more than the minimal salary, however it's quite stressful in some stores as we're getting alot of mean customers and it is definately quite a bit harder than working in other stores(sainsbury, tesco). The life/work balance isn't perfect as they often ask you to stay longer. The team in my store is really good, pretty positive vibes all around.
Pros
employee discount, good colleagues
Cons
not easy
Customer Assistant
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Stamford, Lincolnshire19 July 2018
It is what it is, clock in clock out.
do your work and go home no extra.
Really good money, sometimes long hours but generally good for its money.
would recommend.
Pros
pay per hour
Takes over your life.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Devon15 July 2018
The training is mainly virtual, after that mistakes aren't tolerated. Extremely long shifts where you can spend 10 hours on a till. 15 mins break if you have already worked 4 hours. Shifts can be anything from 5 am to 11 pm. Hard physically unloading and stacking. Under managers can bully and be unpleasant.
Pros
10% discount card
Cons
Long hours. Weekends and evenings. Unpleasant staff.
Great job
Store Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brislington, Bristol14 July 2018
Loved the company but after a long time with its get boreing lol shame thing every day i just wont something thats gunna not bore me after a few years
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Waking up at 4
Salary
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Wells, Somerset14 July 2018
Lidl pays very well as a company, but the expectation of 50+hours a week is the reason why. Also you rarely finish at the rota'd time and are expected to stay.

Realistcally not worth it.
Pros
money
Cons
Poor working conditions
Avoid Like the Plague
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire12 July 2018
This company (Lidl) is a complete con, DO NOT work for them at any cost or you will surely regret it. If you know what is good for you avoid like the Plague.
Pros
Absolutely nothing
Cons
Incompetent management, horrific working hours, rude foul-mouthed managers, incompetent HR staff, company continues to harass you even after you've left
* brand new store *
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Norwich8 July 2018
Management is horrendous speaking to colleagues like they are dirt at the bottom of their shoe. Always being ask to run SCO's and till one all on my own when I'm on a close which is very unprofessional.
Pros
Pay
Cons
productive and fun workplace.
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  bristol7 July 2018
I was very amazed by the Lidl work force as they taught me and helped me to learn the basics of a good customer service attitude. I would get in to work and then I would either start on the till or if the store was not very busy I would help store / pack items.
Pros
amzing wages
Opportunity
Customer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Newhaven, East Sussex2 July 2018
Lidl presents a very good opportunity to anyone that wants to work their way up within a company. There was work available when I wanted extra shifts and friendly management you could talk to.
The work was very strenuous but not dreadfully hard.
I enjoyed working with customers and helping the store through its busiest times. I like a challenge and this was what a shift at work would provide. Well payed work that makes you leave at the end of the shift feeling satisfied you have earned it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lidl. Our community is ready to answer.

41.2K