Licklist

Licklist Employee Reviews

worst company I have worked for
company is falling apart due to lack of proper management. approach the venues and get the jobs yourself before committing and signing your life and creativity with them due to desperation.
Terrible
Licklist is a Highly unprofessional company to work for. Do yourself a favour and avoid if you actually want to get paid for the work you do. You will be lied to just to keep you inside.
Pros
Cons
terrible management.
Terrible attitudes and will do everything to avoid payment
I work as a freelance event photographer.
Licklist reached out to me (out of the blue) to cover a shift last minute as their photographer had bailed on them.

I turned up to the club, did the work and sent everything over on time as requested.

It took weeks of chasing to be told I would not be getting paid despite doing the job AND them using the images I took.

Fought against it and eventually managed to get half of what was agreed on but would NEVER work for them in future and would strongly advise against it.
Photography is an Art- Not to them everything must look the same
I'm a freelance photographer who does licklist on the side. They have a very strict editing standard. If these are not met you are deducted £10. With editing it can be stylistic differences such as ‘more saturation’ ‘too much white’. They will re edit your photos without the Chance to correct them yourself. It’s unfair and money stealing. These edits are so subtle as well. And feedback is inconsistent
Excellent Company
I have loved my time at Licklist and Im so grateful for the opportunity Ive had. Allowed me to develop my interview skills and customer service skills. Learnt alot about nightlife and the in's and out's of a scale up
Ran by a liar
Don't expect to be paid, at all.

Any excuse to not give wages.

Expect no communication.

Expect the big boss man, who has a small man complex, to give you attitude when you won't drop everything in an instant, and expect to be ignored with requests for payment.

Read the 5 star reviews and on glassdoor and see how many are legit.
Pros
Cons
All of them
Exciting place to work
Exciting company.
Interesting projects - a lot of challenges every day.

Good team and management

Well organised and good workflow between the colleagues.
Pros
relaxed environment and flexible hours
Cons
none I could think of.
Work Hard Play Hard
Get paid to party! Gain experience working in very challenging situations. Meet new people. Create great images. They have a great system to get bookings, the more you want to work the more money you can earn. Over 50 bookings completed so far!
Not a great company to work for
Payments were always late and unless you chased them you would not get paid.

The company is not ethical either. Whenever they found themselves in a spot the have closed down the company paid liquidators hefty fee and did not pay their photographers. Then opened a new company a do the business as usual.

If I were you I would stay away form working for them.
Pros
Not many as even pay wans not competetive
Cons
Bad ethics, not getting paid
Poor management, late payment Always
Overall the company is a mess, payment on time did not exist, in fact I'm still currently owed well over £300 from them which I know I will never see. Working club events for them was generally quite fun but has been ruined simply by the late payments.