LGC Group

LGC Group Employee Reviews

United Kingdom14 reviews
Each day I would learn something new. Some days I would work in the main office where I dealt with all the important files, finance of the business. Whereas other days I would be dealing with suppliers and making sure all the products and finance is all up to date in the business. Overall it was a positive experience and taught me a lot.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
The days are around 8 hours long with an hour break, based in the lab is relaxed and a good place to work. The management are good and they push you to meet lgc values
You are spoke to like an adult unlike many Organisations out there. You are left to your own work but if you need help it's always on hand. It has a relaxed approach but always ready to kick in to gear when needed. You can also work from home if you need to catch up on anything.
For me LGC so far has been a really rewarding journey, full of challenges in developing our output, but also as much support as you could want to meet those challenges. It is a sprawling business, with a huge amount to keep you engaged and constantly learning about the different facets of the company, as well as a talented and friendly team from around the world. My work is always varied, never dull, and I feel genuinely appreciated, as do others on the team. The hardest part of the job is that there is so much to do and prioritisation is key, but the growth in the team and the depth of skill on it over the last few years has been fantastic and is a big help in meeting goals. That there is still so much more we can achieve is also one of the best parts of the job - the potential for continued growth and improvement is exciting. Other top aspects of the job are the amazing global team and the depth of expertise in it, the real sense of purpose and mission to our work (Science for a safer world), the variety and the management, who are the best I've ever worked with.
- Slightly repetitive, very similar jobs day in day out - Training available if you want it - Good management, manager helped push - Team work driven, everyone in the lab works well together - Flexible hours which is handy
Great colleagues, Company really understands its market position, Unfortunately I had a line manager with little experience in managing people, no concept of time management and spent his time micromanaging from over my shoulder
Pros
Good benefits package
Cons
Unable to voice concerns over line manager
You will develop Anxiety working for LGC Genomics. Management are not focused on making great changes but only pushing you more harder to achieve the most distance goals.
Pros
Good colleague
Cons
LGC Group gave me the opportunity to develop my career and achieve significant success over four years. Senior management were ambitious and offered an excellent environment in which to explore new opportunities and ideas.
Pros
Exciting culture
In a new job role, was allowed to make it my own. Everyone was supportive and always worked together. There was progression to make the role my own. Flexi hours were observed meaning you could fit the work around your life.
Pros
Flexi hours, brilliant management
Apprezzavo molto la possibilità di gestire in odo indipendente il mio lavoro, dai viaggi per visitare ai clienti al lavoro d'ufficio, che potevo svolgere anche da casa. Il mio superiore era sempre disponibile per supportarmi.
My time in LGC was great! but only because of my team mates. I had to commute 5 hours per day and the pay was no where near enough for my job role. NO career Prospects
Pros
Great people
Cons
No career path
typical day at work was enjoyable learnt a lot about the development of modern communication methods. worked with sharp minded group of people
Reviewed and proposed new technology platform (cloud based) Merged IT Projects and Operations team
Pros
Close to home.
Cons
Very diverse, in terms of locations and products.
I have worked in LGC group for 6 months under Leonardo Scholarship, i have learnt many of new techniques for me, to be part of a team , work effectively under pressure and i have acquired a great experiencie working within laboratory environment. Communicate and work co-operatively with others, ability to work individually and as part of a team. The most enjoyable part of the job for me is to have the opportunity to learn and hope to carry on doing to keep building my career. I have ability to learn new techniques quickly and efficiently.