LEYTON SIXTH FORM COLLEGE Employee Reviews

Excellent institution
Admissions Advisor (Current Employee) –  Leyton, Greater London18 January 2018
I feel it is my duty to respond to the very negative reviews that have just been written about the Admissions department at LSC.

I have worked with the admissions team for nearly 2 years and believe that the department are a welcoming team who work effectively to provide the best service to students and staff at LSC. They are highly professional individuals who set a good example for the hundreds of students who walk in for queries such as timetable issues, UCAS, ID cards, attendance problems and much more. The admissions department are work efficient and get work done to the best of standards. They are involved in many college events welcoming visitors and potential students providing them with information about courses and enrichment.

There is always a busy period for admissions so you will not get bored and will have a variety of tasks to complete. I believe working in the admissions team has enabled me to become a more confident person, willing to try new things and overcome any insecurities. I strongly believe this is the best place to work for individuals!
Pros
2 weeks off at Christmas, Bonus after working here for a year, free gym membership for staff, all staff briefing with tea and buns at the end of the month, excellent environment, diverse staff and student
Never again.
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London14 January 2018
I had high hopes for working at LSC, but it all went down hill from the get go. Witnessing high levels of unprofessionalism such as bullying made me realise it was not the warm welcoming work place they had advertised!

Matters are never dealt with, rather they are brushed under the carpet in order to keep up the good 'reputation' of the college, which is questionable. Working there is mentally draining, and is not worth the time, effort or salary.

The Admissions team are by far the worst team I have ever encountered . The gossiping and whispering made things very uncomfortable.

Not a good place to work.
Pros
Clean toilets
Cons
Long hours, low salary, dull environment and unprofessional staff
Worst place to be in
Annoymous (Former Employee) –  Leyton, Greater London13 January 2018
LSC is not a welcoming environment there is no real progression and work load time is way too much. The admissions team is dark and cold i would not recommend anyone to work here let alone study.

Management need to listen to there staff more as there are so many flaws amongst staff and there is no intervention taking place to prevent their behaviour from spiralling.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Long hours, low salary, car parking which you have to fight for, women who gossip too much, lack of training, not a nice environment
Great college to work for
Teacher of Foundation Learning & ESOL (Current Employee) –  London4 January 2018
This is a great college to work for. Management are supportive and well organised. There are opportunities to progress. Warm staff briefings, very inclusive and celebrate staff achievements.
Pros
Positive, supportive culture
Cons
limited parking for staff, parking restrictions on nearby streets
A fun and relaxing place to work
Lecturer (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London5 April 2017
Good management and work place culture. Teachers have a good rapport with learners and everyone is polite. I look forward to going to work every day and very organised.
Busy Place to work
Assistant Curriculum Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Leyton20 October 2016
A typical day at work would be to arrive around 7am, check emails and answer machine and respond, prepare for the day's teaching.

Attend meetings and preparing for student assessments to be marked.

I learned to use databases and to multitask more effectively.

My co-workers were over stretched with paperwork, attending meetings and dealing with student behaviours. Everyone is friendly and approachable.

The hardest part of my job was managing the behaviour of the students and engaging them to do some work.

The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing the positive achievement of the students when visiting them in their placement setting.
Pros
Good salary and annual leave
Cons
Long hours, managing teenagers behaviour
Good working environment
Careers Assistant (Former Employee) –  Leyton17 October 2016
Leyton Sixth Form College is a good working environment, it is friendly and very professional. I was a careers assistant, I learnt organisation skills and communication skills.
A priuctive place to study at
Student (Current Employee) –  London21 June 2016
I currently study at Leyton sixth form and I find it a very productive place to be in, to study and to make new friends each and every time.
A positive enviroment
Lecturer - Full time (Current Employee) –  London, ENG21 October 2015
You are encouraged to better yourself and are helped to grow and develop as a teacher. In the sector where job cuts are common, jobs are not currently under threat.
Pros
Reduced paper work.