Leyland SDM

Leyland SDM Employee Review

A previous SME slowly transgressing to a faceless corporate entity within a larger group.
Manager (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London16 April 2019
Leyland SDM was a good SME to work for. It had questionable Management Techniques, but I helped them slowly move from the 18th to 20th Centuries in employee relations.
Leyland SDM were taken over by Grafton Group Plc in February 2018.
Initially, things changed for the better with old and outdated management techniques being discarded for something more creditable.
A typical day included many problems, especially those created by the poorly integrated computer systems.
I managed to change the culture in my area from one of fear to one of enjoyment, which resulted in a much better working environment, where productivity increased as people learnt to enjoy coming to work in the area. It became so good that others wanted to join.
After a while the hoped for improved pay and conditions never materialised leading to demoralised employees over the business and a high staff turnover amongst drivers, store and warehouse staff.
Slowly Leyland adopted the stifled Corporate working practices of Grafton Group and all the restrictions and petty rules that came with it. Grafton Group Plc have introduced the practice of immediate termination of contracts where people vanish out of their jobs one day never to reappear.
I would not recommend working for this organisation to anybody!
Pros
There are some good employees left in a growing business.
Cons
Long Hours, poor rates of pay and a management style that does not respect staff and actually stinks!

Other Leyland SDM Employee Reviews

Leyland SDM were so much better than i expected
I very much enjoyed working at Leyland. From the very first interview until my last day, they were very professional and friendly. Their training schedules were excellent and frequent. I felt at home immediately. I was there for only a short time because of health reasons. They did everything they could to try and accommodate my needs. I'm very impressed with both management and staff
Productive and fun workplace
Sale Assistant (Former Employee) –  Farringdon, Greater London18 December 2019
The job is a great opportunity to grow up in the city. The salary is good and they are flexible about the working shift hours. I've been meeting always great people hard workers. The group is amazing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Leyland SDM. Our community is ready to answer.

Leyland SDM Reviews by Location