Leyland SDM Employee Reviews for Sales Assistant

Leyland SDM were so much better than i expected
I very much enjoyed working at Leyland. From the very first interview until my last day, they were very professional and friendly. Their training schedules were excellent and frequent. I felt at home immediately. I was there for only a short time because of health reasons. They did everything they could to try and accommodate my needs. I'm very impressed with both management and staff
Good place to gain experience and leave
Sales assistant (Current Employee) –  London13 October 2019
Long working hours and need to work most weekends
Working environment could be better as management only will give you more weekends off when they like you. You need to travel across stores to cover shifts
Pros
Always need employees
Cons
Long working hours, travelling across 21 shops and most weekends working
Is a very stressful and unprofessional working environment
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London12 July 2019
This is a family friendly company with low wage and lots off pressure from the first day of employment.

You will never believe how hard is can be this job until your first day of employment.

Unnecessary pressure and unnecessary stress from the first day.

Your first month wage 8.30/ h, extra hours paid by x1.25, Sundays x1.50.

Never enough stuff in most of the stores 2-3 workers couping with 200-300 frustrated customers and warehouse.
Lifting and carrying daily long distances 2-3 palettes of (25 kg) paint, bags of plaster, sand, cement etc., If the store is small will be always in the customers way.

This company is not valuing his employees.

They don't pay sick leave when the main door is always large open straight away to the street, no air conditioning no heather in the store.
Terrible working condition extremely hot in the summer extremely cold in the winter.

The only real training what you will get will be cooping with stress training and be prepared to be humiliated training by customers and managers.

Leadership will always find new targets to achieve to prove how unhappy they are with your services week by week.

All 20 stores are in budget deficiency, and you will need to improve sales with 60% on the multi sales with no discount for customers anymore and no £500 for surveys, if not you will never be advanced.

This is why 50-75% of employees are living this company.
Pros
Extra hours
Cons
Under paid
A good strong company to work for
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  chelsea, kings rd24 October 2017
Not without its faults but if you want a secure job this is a great place. But after travelling and an 11 hour working day it is very tiring. Lots of stores dotted around london. With chances to advance to management.
Fun crew and long hours
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Fulham, Greater London3 April 2017
The day is very long and exhausting, yet there is a lot to learn in first few weeks. Management is alright depending on location. The most enjoyable part is 1-hour break.
excellent team work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London20 March 2016
A typical day at work is very busy. There is always something to be getting on with. I have learned that customer service is very important. The hardest part of the job is learning new products, there is a lot to know from paints to plumbing. The most enjoyable thing about this job is the team, everyone works well together and we help each other out as much as possible.
Pros
learning new skills
Cons
difficult customers
productive
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  London, ENG17 January 2016
A typical day at work starts with the adjustment of the mixing colours machines, after that i fill the shelves with the warehouse products, meanwhile i serve and advice customers when necessary
I've learned a lot about interior designs under the guidance of my manager.
The most enjoyable part is having fun with my co-workers
Pros
fun place to work