Lexington Catering Employee Reviews

Not a good work place
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mansion House Station15 July 2019
I do recommend this place at all! I will never get paid to be disrespected by the staff depending on where i have been sent to work. Vakare is not a great client support team worker. Poor attitude, lack of effort.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, rubbish pay
Safe and fun place to work
Catering Manager (Current Employee) –  Nottingham, Nottinghamshire10 June 2019
Safe and fun place to work.A lot of on the job training , enough support from head office Opportunity to get NVQ or HND qualifications . Can be stressful time after time
Pros
Free food, a lot of training
Cons
Lack of progression
Fun and loving workplace
Hospitality Supervisor (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London15 January 2019
My day varied depending on the business needs
I can narrow it down to the following which includes also part of what I learned:

Ensure that effective quality of services is provided to the standard of the client, customers and company
Meeting and following communication with customers for bookings and events
Ensure all legislation (health and safety, Allergens, etc.) is adhered to
Ensure the highest standards of presentation and cleanliness of all front and back of house areas and equipment (meeting rooms, storage areas, pantries, kitchens)
Ensure that administration is maintained to the highest standards on a consistent basis (stock-take, purchases, orders, keeping temperature records, cleaning schedules, allergen lists, menus editing and booking sheets, etc.)
Attending and supporting team meetings and training schedules
Ensure checks are carried out in the meeting rooms and associated areas for faults
Ensure that light and heavy equipment is well maintained and presentable at all times
Ensure that there is a thorough understanding of the daily work schedule
Ensure that all meeting rooms are cleared within a specified time and create a welcoming environment for the customers attending the meetings

I've worked (long term) at three Lexington sites, each one has very different culture and its own VBP's. All three were exquisite for their own reasons. I am happy to explain in person.

The hardest part of the job was when customers waited for the last minute to confirm their specific requirements for large events. Lexington has clear rules concerning
  more... bookings, but we were always making exceptions in order to maintain the hard to get rapport with our customers. The most enjoyable part was making our customers satisfied and the way we team worked to achieve this.

I was a part of management and decision making although it wasn't on my job role, therefore I cannot judge objectively how management was.
I can objectively say that we received more good feedback than we anticipated.
Also, my line managers had great sense of what it means to include all team members in all aspects of hospitality, support and offer them help and training when needed or when time allowed it.
Pros
working environment and culture
Cons
advancement
Only good for the working hours
Client Support Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Bank Station15 August 2018
Not the best compnay to work for, at least my departement. Some managers are given too much power and they will definitely abuse it.
Also the staff is treated as a number.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Managers abuse their power
Fun workplaces
Front of House (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London21 July 2018
I Work as a support team, it can be busy or very quiet .. you can know many places, because every day is a new place, it is the best part and teaches you many things
Good workplace ,chance to apply to higher level jobs
Kitchen Porter (Former Employee) –  London30 May 2018
Plenty of sites
There is support team where you can work at all of sites
You will get uniform, safety shoes and PPE
Excellent pay rate
Most of sites works Monday to Friday
Pros
Free lunches
Good atmosphere
Food and Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London13 March 2018
Working for both Lexington and Baxterstorey they have a great Management Team The office Managers at at Lexington and the operation Manager at Baxterstorey the people that I work with were friendly and I am still friends with now, rate of pay is excellent for the Job you are doing would recommend either company to anyone
Pros
Free foid and drink
Cons
Some of the places went to fo4 Lexington was far
Great Company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee) –  London12 March 2018
The company is supportive and creative
always looking at ways of pushing the boundaries of what is currently on the high street and bringing that into a B&I business
The normal day was 9 to 10 hours but well paced and with weekends off there was a perfect work-life balance.
excellent holiday entitlement and other company benefits
I had a really gracious client so even client meetings were a pleasure... don't get me wrong we needed to be prepared and have our facts straight or the meetings could be uncomfortable.
a culture of work hard play hard.
Pros
excellent financial rewards
Cons
early starts - sometimes 5.30 am
Hospitality Assistant and restaurant supervisor (Current Employee) –  Woking, Surrey23 July 2017
Lexington Catering is a great company to work for as they give you lots of training in order to further yourself within the company. The management team are always very supportive and want you to succeed and develop yourself.
productive an fun workplace
Support Team (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London3 March 2017
good company to work in hospitality, best place to meet new people and new enviroments, they give you the change to grow up in thecompany if you want.
Pros
free lunches
Friendly work place
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  London3 February 2017
Nice company to work . Got lot off oportunity to improof yorself. There are oportunity to new changes. Friendly staf . friendly managment .
good company, fun at work,so many opportunities to grow, brilliant teamwork
General Assistant (Former Employee) –  London21 January 2017
Lexington Catering was one of my best workplace and opportunity to build my carrier within the company! i met with lots of good people! I had pleasure to work with them! We had so much fun at work with my colleagues !
Pros
free lunches and breakfast
Cons
long hours and overtimes
amazing experience
Site Manager (Former Employee) –  Woking1 December 2016
The most exciting job in my career, being site manager for Lexington was amazing...long hours of work but a lots of progress in my career... fun at work... working as a team with the other 10 collegues... traveling in London for training ones per week...
Stability and Progression
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Woking11 September 2016
In my time with Lexington Catering I have learned a lot of things. The company offers decent salary, wide range of courses and training. It's also a good place to improve your customer service skills and chance to meet a lot of great people on your path.
Pros
Free lunches, progression, atmosphere, hours
friendly
general assistant (Former Employee) –  London9 February 2016
I love Mondays, mostly because the day flies by in a flash. On a given day, during the early hours you will find me speaking to the clients, i learned how to deliver a good customer service and listened to them if they have any issue, listen to my manager, communicate with your team and work as team, my hardest part of job when i try to make it simple and someone ales make it difficult, when i make jokes with the customers
Pros
free breakfast and lunch
Cons
hot place
Overall good place to work
Hospitality Assistant (Current Employee) –  London1 August 2015
They are paying London Living Wage which is very good, there is all the support and training you need but to progress within company is quite difficult, so if you want to move up you need to leave. Would recommend.
coffee
barista (Former Employee) –  London, ENG29 March 2015
very hard working and multi tasker at work and very reliable.and very good in team work.and quick learner,friendly with customers
secure and fun
Catering supervisor (Former Employee) –  London11 July 2014
very relaxed environment, corporate catering, always the same guests, treat you like a colleague is like belonging to a family,
A typical day includes preparing and organize restaurant for breakfast until 10.30, after clean and organize restaurant for lunch from 12.00 till 15.00, always make sure restaurant is clean and fridges are stocked , food with right labels and dates. wednesday do stock take, thursday organize a cake trolley.
a good team, work free stress.
Pros
free lunch, good hours of work
Cons
N/a