Lexington Catering

Lexington Catering Employee Reviews

United Kingdom33 reviews
No matter what you do they always expect you do give more I was working in a very busy environment with a lack of support
I had always to start an hour early but not getting paid as I was running the kitchen alone

also when I Claimed it they said that the job take it or leave it
I did work for this company about 3 years as head chef ..they try to be leaders of food creativity but sadly they not able to achive ...as they have not new blood..all them ideas are like 10 yrs old ... u should never work overtime as they always mess it up and u will loose money ...pay is avarage for this industry benefits not very relevant ..also your monthly pay going to be messed up ...so always check your payments there will be holiday missing or money missing..also for head chef load of work is amazing ...u will have to work a lot ..lots of hands on ...
Pros
free lunches
Cons
Montly pay most time wrong
Lexington mi ha dato l’opportunità di esprimere al meglio il mio potenziale, di crescere e acquisire professionalità che vorrei mettere a disposizione del mio paese
Pros
Bonus
Cons
Na
Work for Lexington At a virgin active gym, was taken over so I used to work for virgin and before that compass. I feel far more valued as an employee with Lexington than both the others.
Good life balance, maintain healthy lifestyle, early start, usually working Monday to Friday, 40 hours week plus overtime.
Good team work and management.
I would Highly recommend working for Lexington Catering. They are very professional, can be stressful at times and no two days are the same. They are fun people to work with.
Was great company to work for
I started as project manager

Would highly recommend it to someone new to the contract catering companies

Unfortunately small companies don't stay small and independent anymore
I worked for Lexington reception services. They move us like puppets arround, changing us last minute because they made mistakes in the rota, not aware of who is in and out sometimes. Trying to scare me of being fired when i have hard things going on in my life. No empathy at all. New managers who don't know what is legal to say or not and trying to take advantage of foreiners who want to start a career. I do not recomend lexington after my experience with them.
Pros
Payment
Cons
Management, too many sites
I worked for Lexington for just over a year and really enjoyed it. It was a fairly easy job but always something to be doing. Our managers were always on top of everything which made life for us easier.
I love working here it has been a lot of fun and the team is really really great it is just a little slow paced for me at the moment, but also has lots of perks
No help from management, they need you there only to work as a donkey, if you have any problems or questions they make you feel like “you should not even ask”.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Management and all rules
I do recommend this place at all! I will never get paid to be disrespected by the staff depending on where i have been sent to work. Vakare is not a great client support team worker. Poor attitude, lack of effort.
Pros
nothing
Cons
long hours, rubbish pay
It was a really busy days.
I worked no stop.

I learnt how to place orders and deal with stock.

It had a very good atmosphere and the colleagues were really fun.
Pros
Leaning and development
Cons
Too much job for one person.
Safe and fun place to work.A lot of on the job training , enough support from head office Opportunity to get NVQ or HND qualifications . Can be stressful time after time
Pros
Free food, a lot of training
Cons
Lack of progression
Un dia de trabajo se hacia ameno y tuve la ocasion de aprender la otra parte de la hosteleria
Pros
te daban horas extras
Cons
cambio de zonas en Londres que esta todo lejos
Working as a team helped me to communicate better with different people who come to the service, which led me to gain more confident in myself.

Overall I enjoyed working with the company
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
My day varied depending on the business needs
I can narrow it down to the following which includes also part of what I learned:

Ensure that effective quality of services is provided to the standard of the client, customers and company

Meeting and following communication with customers for bookings and events

Ensure all legislation (health and safety, Allergens, etc.) is adhered to

Ensure the highest standards of presentation and cleanliness of all front and back of house areas and equipment (meeting rooms, storage areas, pantries, kitchens)

Ensure that administration is maintained to the highest standards on a consistent basis (stock-take, purchases, orders, keeping temperature records, cleaning schedules, allergen lists, menus editing and booking sheets, etc.)

Attending and supporting team meetings and training schedules

Ensure checks are carried out in the meeting rooms and associated areas for faults

Ensure that light and heavy equipment is well maintained and presentable at all times

Ensure that there is a thorough understanding of the daily work schedule

Ensure that all meeting rooms are cleared within a specified time and create a welcoming environment for the customers attending the meetings

I've worked (long term) at three Lexington sites, each one has very different culture and its own VBP's. All three were exquisite for their own reasons. I am happy to explain in person.

The hardest part of the job was when customers waited for the last minute to confirm their specific requirements for large events. Lexington has clear rules concerning
 - more...
Pros
working environment and culture
Cons
advancement
Not the best compnay to work for, at least my departement. Some managers are given too much power and they will definitely abuse it.
Also the staff is treated as a number.
Pros
Flexible working hours
Cons
Managers abuse their power
The workplace atmosphere was a nice and friendly for me and others. Managers was polite with everyone , always helpful. Your job always was with someone , so co-workers did such a great job.
I Work as a support team, it can be busy or very quiet .. you can know many places, because every day is a new place, it is the best part and teaches you many things
Plenty of sites
There is support team where you can work at all of sites

You will get uniform, safety shoes and PPE

Excellent pay rate

Most of sites works Monday to Friday
Pros
Free lunches