Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust

Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Employee Reviews

United Kingdom60 reviews
Self motivation is key, regardless of where you work. Had mix experiences working under different managers at different levels.
Overall experience good. Make sure you take your personal and professional development seriously
• I experienced in the capacity of Specialty Registrar- International Training Fellow in General and Acute Medicine at a reputed British Hospital – Lewisham Hospital, UK. Successful in completing Member of Royal College of Physicians (MRCP [UK] Worked in the departments – Geriatric Medicine, Gastroenterology, Respiratory Medicine as well as Acute and Emergency Medicine.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours sometimes
Working at LGT was stressful
-no real leadership coupled with bullying and harassment. My jo was not aligned to the jd most of the time. No flexi working, micro management
I did my training here. Thankfully all my colleagues in the pharmacy department are super supportive and willing to help whenever. Just like any NHS trust many staff are overworked, but in the department there is a lot of teamwork and helping out others going on.
Very supportive management excellent professional development.
Good team working and supportive colleagues. A good area to work with manageable stress.
Typical day at work involves supervising the work of Library staff, managing the duty rota, attending meetings, managing the library system, developing guides, providing training, carrying out literature searches and dealing with enquiries.
It was hard work and no rewards. You are required to do so much with minimal resources. Almost every day was a headache. You need to be assertive and have a lot of patience to work there.
very hectic environment and less compensated and there is a cultural difference. Regular employee works very hard but bank staff just works like a turtle, very slow and lazy. Thats why all of the pressure will go the the regular staff.
I wouldn’t want even my pet cat work or be a patient in that hospital.
Management was really bad, always short staffed or only one permanent staff on duty and the rest were agency and refuse to do anything clinical like taking bloods, IV meds or even simple things like patient care.
Small Teams which look after the staff well. However senior management is distant.
Too much involved with the job including a high level of safeguarding. Impossible to complete the endless, and often unnecessary paperwork in the time available, so regularly the work is taken home with the nurses to keep on top of things. This time is often not appreciated by team leaders, so not offered back!
Good place to work to earn a bit of extra cash, possibilities for progression if you are willing to work hard and get the right people to notice you. Feels like your part of something.
I was a Chaplaincy Volunteer at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust.
It was a very good experience to visit different wards and talk with patients, staff and visitors.
Pros
Good team
Cons
N/a
It was a nice place to work on a temporary basis. I was doing general admin work which was perfect for what I needed at the time. The management was also good and helpful and any issues I had were addressed.
Ich habe jeden Tag bei der Visite auf Station mitgearbeitet und weiterhin die Plaene darin verwirklicht. Ausserdem durfte ich Patienten in der Notaufnahme behandeln, und bei einer Wöchendlichen Sprechstunde ambulante Patienten behandeln.
Excellent company to work that hows allowed me to thrive in my career. There are genuine staff members who care about the care of patients. More investment is required to further improve services.
I have been working here for nearly 15 years and have learnt, enjoyed and continue to enjoy working here.
The staff are friendly and helpful but the signage of areas could be improved.
The Lewisham ED is a great place to work and learn. During our induction to the Trust, we were told that the local population is among the poorest in London which affects the conditions that patients present with. Though there were challenging times, during the course of my stay I learned a great deal about evidence-based practice and the importance of teamwork.

My managers in the Lewisham emergency department are amazing. You can count on your seniors to lend a hand and offer instruction when needed. Carol and Sarah are my Matrons and they are always there to listen to their staff.

The workplace culture in our department is competitive and lacks a bit of cohesion. The current nursing roster is composed of people from all over the world, Filipinos, Portuguese, Spanish, Ugandan, Caribbean to name a few. It leads to friction sometimes but overall I find my colleagues to be very helpful and compassionate.

Of the few disappointments I have with nursing in the United Kingdom in general is the salary. Though this is offset by the amount of education provided by the hospital, this too has recently been affected with funding slashed y 50%. I feel that nurses are currently undervalued and not much is being done to help nursing as a profession.

The best days are the ones when you overcome a challenging day or week and come out more knowledgeable and more patient than before. I find that reflecting on those days when you are under-resourced and facing difficult patient presentations are the ones where you learn the most and grow as person and as a professional.
Pros
Management and Colleagues
Cons
Workplace culture and Salary
Typical day at work could start at 8.00, or 9.00 or 10.00 or 12.30 and shifts usually lasted 7.5 hours.

Management ranges from absent to incompetent and they generally have little idea of what is going on. There is too much micromanaging of shifts and staff.

Workplace culture has always been cliquey but was much better when i started. It has steadily declined under new management and the constant micromanagement has caused great friction.

The hardest part of the job is trying to meet hourly workload targets whilst using such outdated equipment and software.

The most enjoyable part of the job is that as a bank worker my hours were very flexible. There is also usually always opportunity for overtime, especially during the school holidays.
Pros
Blue Light Card, decent salary.
Cons
Poor management, subpar facilities and outdated equipment.
I had the chance to work with a lot of patients. My main role involved working with the caterer to get the meal and breakfast ready. as well as going around the ward and talking to patients.
The Queen Elizabeth Hospital is an ok place to work although it is situated in the middle of nowhere so nothing to do lunchtimes. Transport links are good.
Most jobs revolve around a 37.5 hours a week and if you are proactive then the Trust training is very good.
Pros
Training
Cons
Pros
-Hardworking staff usually willing to go the extra mile.

-Hit the ground running atmosphere so you learn the job very quickly.

Cons

-Low morale

-End of lifestyle equipment.

-Very tight budgets.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust. Our community is ready to answer.
Lewisham and Greenwich NHS Trust Reviews by Location