Levi Strauss & Co. Employee Reviews

Found 75 reviews matching the search See all 2,300 reviews
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Edinburgh10 June 2019
Service has to be of the highest degree, ensuring customers walk away happy, restocking the shelves and tidying up are always going to be an aspect in this work. Learned cashing up at the end of the night, sorting through delivery and stockroom management, and the effective ways to engage with customers. To start management was good and things were kept tight but as time has progressed and two new supervisors have come in, the management of the store has gone downhill. Hardest part of the job is managing multiple customers at one time all needing different things at the same time always kept on your toes. Best part is seeing customers walk away happy with your help.
Pros
Discount, social
Cons
Management of staff
Good company- crazy high expectations for what they give back
Supervisor/ Visual Merchandiser/ Tailor (Current Employee) –  Yorkshire6 June 2019
Extremely good company, good values and some managers were brilliant and supportive (others not so much- can be very cliquey). They ask for a lot and don’t give back much or offer internal promotions- especially from sales floor to head office roles.
Amazing workplace!
Stylist (Current Employee) –  Bromley30 May 2019
Not a bad word about Levi's, amazing work place, great people, great discount and bundles of other great things! Managers will support you through mistakes etc. and overall great!
Pros
Staff Discount, Friendly Colleagues
Cons
Sometimes longer hours when setting up new window installations
Fun Working Enviroment
Keyholder Stylist (Current Employee) –  Guildford, Surrey3 May 2019
A great company to work for that prides itself on its history and returning customers. Great product knowledge is essential as customers can be very particular.
If management doesn't like you, you're screwed...
Junior Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Kent20 April 2019
I started as a sales assistant then worked my way up to junior supervisor.

It started off fine but then as soon as I was promoted to management team everything went south. Other sales assistants were rude and nasty to me behind my back, which lead to me being called into the office all the time while the horrible, manipulative managers made me feel small and made me cry all the time. Other staff members had been lying to the managers saying I said this and that and as I was in pure shock I cried my eyes out all the time. Made my anxiety through the roof!!! I was on edge everyday I went in incase I was called into the office YET AGAIN...

We had some nasty people work there that were doing nasty things but nothing was ever done. PATHETIC!!

I was clearly not a favourite whatsoever. So soooo glad I left this store.
Pros
Literally nothing...
Cons
Everything about management!!!
Productive, Friendly, Wonderful Colleagues
Sales Assistant/ Stylist (Former Employee) –  Birmingham City Centre, West Midlands17 April 2019
the bast work environment anyone could ever ask for
everyone was very bubbly and we all worked as a team
more difficult than a regular retailer because more 1 to 1 time with customers
Pros
Free Fruit, Good Wage, Nice Manager, Amazing Colleagues, Interactive Job
Cons
Many Hours, Busy Periods could be overwhelming at times
Driven and fun work place with an amazing team cultue
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Manchester UK8 April 2019
Levi's was an amazing place to work, where you always felt supported and pushed to strive by management and fellow team member. I value my time at Levis highly and this was a place that I was taught a lot of valuable skills that I have taken with me to my future employment. It is a great team environment.
Great atmosphere and excellent brand to work for
Brand Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  London, Greater London1 April 2019
Pioneer and inventor of the first blue jean. Levi's is the market leader within denim and apparel.

Excellent place to work with a great brand ethos.
Good Company. Not the Swindon Store.
Keyhoder (Former Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire18 January 2019
Most staff in the Swindon store were friendly and hardworking. Poor management, no room for progress when they hire new staff from outside the business and promises of training and progressment are not met.
Pros
Free Clothes
Cons
Bad Management
Terrible place to work
Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Reading3 December 2018
Worked here for just over a month in a store that had just opened up. Everything started okay, seemed like store was going well until suddenly it wasn’t. Management kept blaming the part timers for not meeting sales targets in a consistently empty store. Would set us ridiculous sales targets and most times we wouldn’t make £2000. All management was young, none over the age of 30 so there was a lack of maturity and nasty attitudes from management. Hours could sometimes be ridiculous as was organisation.

Overall, I don’t recommend you work here unless you enjoy a lot of pressure.
Pros
Free clothes, good pay
Cons
Terrible management
Stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Northampton, Northamptonshire28 November 2018
A lot of structural changes meant the business went from a friendly team environment to everyone out for themselves. It became very quickly a very stressful environment and I was happy when the redundancy came thru.
Pros
Accounts i dealt with
Cons
Stressful enviroment
Clueless Management
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear19 November 2018
This is an amazing brand but the middle and upper management are useless. The environment is very unprofessional and rules are applied or ignored as each individual sees fit. HR offer no support and are incompetent and inconsistent.
The distribution and overall set up is embarrassing. The Store regularly runs out of basic stock and essential business supplies.
The Store Manager and District Manager are focused far too much on personal feuds and childish drama than on simply running the business. The overall atmosphere is one of bitchiness, bullying and immaturity. Avoid.
The jeans are good though.
Pros
Free uniform
Cons
Everything else
Great Company, however terrible Management.
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Edinburgh15 November 2018
The company of Levi's itself was amazing to work for. The culture and benefits of the job are a given.

However, the lack of progression opportunities and also manager favoritism and poor management skill is alarming.

This is not the case at every branch, but it saddens me to say that not all branches have the same team feeling and standard.
Pros
Fun Working, Discount and Staff Benefits
Cons
Not much Progression and Management poor
Bearable
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Swindon, Wiltshire23 October 2018
I do love my job here, however the management here is a concern. I feel as though I do not get valued enough for what i do. My contract is 8 hours and although i dont mind overtime, 25+ hours a week consistently is too much. Trying to balance A levels, work and a social life is hard.
Pros
Wage, discount and bonus
friendly working enviroment
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Covent Garden12 October 2018
great place to work the company culture is one so you feel valued. also the staff are all really chilled and the products sell themselves. also great uniform allowance
Pros
free clothes
Cons
retail
Productive workplace
Stylist and Tailor (Current Employee) –  York, North Yorkshire10 October 2018
Similar to my previous positon, this job teaches me to always put the customer first, for instance, always addressing them and asking if they need help with anything so that they feel as if you're an approachable person. As well as this, ensuring that they’re never lost and/or ensuring that they can find the exact size/style of clothing they may need. Working here has taught me how to organize and make the shop floor look presentable. And as I final point, I have been ensuring that the stock on the shop floor is up to date so that we are never running low. Furthermore, I have also been trained as Levis Tailor in which I specialize in alterations meaning I do adjustments to the jeans to ensure that the products fit customers properly. I am also able to make changes to garments, such as hemming pants to make them shorter or even turning jeans into shorts for customers so that they have bespoke clothing.
Levi Strauss & Co as a company are continually finding new opportunities for staff to develop their knowledge and qualifications further.
amazing
Stylist (Former Employee) –  Manchester, Greater Manchester1 October 2018
great training and lovely people to work with. the contracts are often minimal ie. a full time sales assistant could be on an 8 hour contract therefore when they take holidays may only have 8 hour pay
Pros
free clothes
Cons
strict
fun and hard working environment
sales stylist (Former Employee) –  Portsmouth, Hampshire25 August 2018
my time at Levis was a very good time full of people who had a hard working ethos and would always strive to make the best customer shopping experience.
Fun place to work
Key Holder/Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  London, Greater London2 August 2018
the company hire very intelligent and friendly people so working alongside new colleagues was never an issue.The managers also monitored performance based on KPI;s which meant the whole team had to work hard individually to make sales.
Pros
Uniform allowance
Cons
Long Hours
Great company perks, poor management
Stylist (Former Employee) –  York Outlet26 July 2018
Hourly rate, paid holiday, uniform allowance and generous discounts are the best elements of the job.
The company as a whole seems to value its staff but sadly the management of this store fail to deliver this to their team. This ultimately makes it an unbearable place to work and people don't tend to work here very long.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Levi Strauss & Co.. Our community is ready to answer.