Levi Strauss & Co.

Levi Strauss & Co. Employee Reviews

United Kingdom86 reviews
Wasn't a hard job for me to work at Levi's but is a noisy and dusty place. But the biggest problem is the collective that every time is unfriendly and envios.
Pros
Free coffee and tea /clean cantine
Cons
worst collective
The typical day at Levi's really depends on the shift you work, early shifts will require restocking and organizing the shop floor. Later shifts will require helping close up and assist the shop floor managers etc.
Like any retail job, its what you make of it.

The KPI targets are generally set depending on your experiences with pushing sales, talking to customers etc. Although these can be demanding, they usually just want you to really be enthusiastic and lively with customers and represent the brand in a positive light.
I have worked in retail for almost 3 years now but working at Levi's has by far been the best place I have worked. It' atmosphere is fun and you will never be bored on a shift.
Provided with a uniform allowance and full training too ensure you are skilled up on products before starting. Target based - sometimes customer do not give your name which effects target and commission.
Pros
uniform allowance, discount
Cons
kpis
Great company to work for,hard work but well paid,well looked after with good bonus,only down side no pension was in place for shop floor workers only staff. Sad day when it closed
Levi’s was a good company
All ideas were welcome

You were able to shape the business

Lots of social events

Great career development

Opportunity to work across various functions
I’ve been working for the Flagship store in London for 8 months and it was an amazing experience. The staff there are always happy to help each other, and during my work there I havent notice any competition between the staff.
They are terrible I would never recommend working at any of the locations I have worked at three of them. The management is terrible, it’s a gossip based environment. And it’s not a friendly environment
My time at Levi's was very enjoyable. Every team member worked very hard so you didn't have to pick up anyone's slack. The work can be quite intense and fast paced but also rewarding. The pay was very good for my age and I received discounts and uniform allowance. I particularly liked the management as it felt like they generally cared about your well-being. Overall a great company to work for, I wish I could've stayed longer as I was a Christmas Temp.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Fast Paced
Good experience, good company, i like people, like the shifts, payment not was very high at that moment, but i hope now it’s better, i love that job!!
Dreadful management in my store ruined the experience for me. It’s sales based and you have targets to meet but no incentive or rewards for meeting them. Low pay as expected in retail and almost no weekends off. Met some great people but it isn’t something for long term. It can be relaxed but also stressful especially around busy periods when customers forget all manners. Can be long hours and late finishes.
I worked at Levi’s as a Stylist for almost 2 years. I hated it. At first it was fine, great team, good pay, nice perks but as time went on it got worse.

The company itself isn’t the worst, I actually liked the selling of the products and the amount of training provided was great.

The problems laid with targets and management. Targets were always crazy and unattainable, and closely monitored. You were expected to hit all 5/6 KPI’s every single week. Sometimes for 4 hour evening shift you’d be expected to take £800 alone.

Even worse was the management, they were cruel and unfair. If you weren’t their favourite, they’d hate you. They would punish you with things like no overtime if you didn’t hit target. The management would sit in the office all day and leave all the work to the part time employees so you’d often be overwhelmed. There were plenty of terrible stories I could tell!

I’ve never felt so miserable in a job and I am relieved I left!!
Pros
free uniform, opportunity for bonus
Cons
terrible management, unrealistic targets
Service has to be of the highest degree, ensuring customers walk away happy, restocking the shelves and tidying up are always going to be an aspect in this work. Learned cashing up at the end of the night, sorting through delivery and stockroom management, and the effective ways to engage with customers. To start management was good and things were kept tight but as time has progressed and two new supervisors have come in, the management of the store has gone downhill. Hardest part of the job is managing multiple customers at one time all needing different things at the same time always kept on your toes. Best part is seeing customers walk away happy with your help.
Pros
Discount, social
Cons
Management of staff
Extremely good company, good values and some managers were brilliant and supportive (others not so much- can be very cliquey). They ask for a lot and don’t give back much or offer internal promotions- especially from sales floor to head office roles.
Not a bad word about Levi's, amazing work place, great people, great discount and bundles of other great things! Managers will support you through mistakes etc. and overall great!
Pros
Staff Discount, Friendly Colleagues
Cons
Sometimes longer hours when setting up new window installations
A great company to work for that prides itself on its history and returning customers. Great product knowledge is essential as customers can be very particular.
I started as a sales assistant then worked my way up to junior supervisor.

It started off fine but then as soon as I was promoted to management team everything went south. Other sales assistants were rude and nasty to me behind my back, which lead to me being called into the office all the time while the horrible, manipulative managers made me feel small and made me cry all the time. Other staff members had been lying to the managers saying I said this and that and as I was in pure shock I cried my eyes out all the time. Made my anxiety through the roof!!! I was on edge everyday I went in incase I was called into the office YET AGAIN...

We had some nasty people work there that were doing nasty things but nothing was ever done. PATHETIC!!

I was clearly not a favourite whatsoever. So soooo glad I left this store.
Pros
Literally nothing...
Cons
Everything about management!!!
the bast work environment anyone could ever ask for
everyone was very bubbly and we all worked as a team

more difficult than a regular retailer because more 1 to 1 time with customers
Pros
Free Fruit, Good Wage, Nice Manager, Amazing Colleagues, Interactive Job
Cons
Many Hours, Busy Periods could be overwhelming at times
Levi's was an amazing place to work, where you always felt supported and pushed to strive by management and fellow team member. I value my time at Levis highly and this was a place that I was taught a lot of valuable skills that I have taken with me to my future employment. It is a great team environment.
Pioneer and inventor of the first blue jean. Levi's is the market leader within denim and apparel.

Excellent place to work with a great brand ethos.
Most staff in the Swindon store were friendly and hardworking. Poor management, no room for progress when they hire new staff from outside the business and promises of training and progressment are not met.
Pros
Free Clothes
Cons
Bad Management