Leonardo

Leonardo Employee Reviews

United Kingdom75 reviews
Challenging but rewarding
Great on the job training and support form management. Shift work provides good work/home life balance. Every day provides different challenges making the role both rewarding but challenging.
Awful management no career progression
No career progression,
Poor communication and little feedback

Not transparent in discussions

A company set in the past with no ability to make decisions
Edinburgh site should be avoided
I work in the Edinburgh site and I have to say some of the practices I see are a disgrace. A colleague of mine has known mental health issues but other see fit to make fun of him with insults and other disgusting treatment. When I complained to our manager it was simply he’s big enough to complain himself - yet he never will because it’s the way he is. What makes it worse is some of the people picking on him are just in the door and have shown him zero respect since day one.
There are instances of people being victimised because they have fallen out with family members of management, most of whom are utterly useless at their jobs but nothing said because of who they are related to.

In short place is a joke, and I can’t wait to leave this year. If I could afford to leave now I would.
Let Down
Fantastic company overall, with a secured longevity in its field.
Unfortunately due to lack of "new blood" many of the people there have been employed for quite a few decades. Whilst this isn't necessarily a negative, it does mean that a proportion are SQEP in bullying & harassment. These are the people that hold the power in this organisation, if you don't conform to the bullies then you are managed out of the business.
Leonardo Helicopters
Great place to work with many different jobs available due to the large site. International company specialising in high end Engineering to produce military and civil helicopters.
Excellent experience on rotorcraft
Thoroughly enjoyed my employment experience with Agustawestland . If l had the opportunity to return as a FSR l would jump at the chance. My life at the time of leaving them was at an all time low with my mother having limited life illness so l chose to care for her over my career. She passed away soon after but lm glad l made that choice. It was the right thing to do for me and my family .
No support from poor management
If I could give zero stars I would. Dated equipment, management look down at you and treat you like children. Training non existent and no support from management. Overworked, was expected to do 2 jobs at once. Avoid!
Only worked there for 10 weeks - well trained by the girls on the deptartment who were all lovely - also good with days off/ change of hrs. cant say any more
Good company and skilled staff
Excellent work environment. Can be very well paid if agency staff. Good canteen. Lots of parking. Professional staff and focus on getting the job done
Out of date
I was an administrator for several years constantly trying to be permanent a company that prefers to have temps than permanent I could not even get a second screen or even a comfortable chair !! Manager had no clue! Leonardo would rather keep on elderly retirement people with bladder problems that did hardly any work because they were never at their seat than a good worker ! So glad I moved on to a decent company now
Pros
Free and relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Management do not know what they are doing
Out of date
I was an administrator temp for nearly seven years constantly trying to get a permanent position it was impossible !! they do not recognise good workers would rather keep elderly employees which bladder problems and take the mickey walking around than a good worker it’s an outdated company that could not even provide a second screen or even a half decent chair !
Busy days.
Ongoing mandatory training.

Managers vary from department to department.

Sometimes expected to work with exceptionally small print which inhibited my efficiency.

Enjoy the environment and friendly, helpful colleagues.
Excellent place to work
Good people and work ethics. Hi tech company with a can do attitude for going forward. The people I worked with have a can do attitude and nothing is a hurdle.
New starters ostracised. Work force poorly trained to deal and train new people
No structured training . Left on your own for days with nothing to do because no one will allow you to help . Not a clean room and not a production environment just r and d. Monthly reviews just highlighting their own failings . Not willing to entertain easier working practices.
The canteen is fabulous, clean different menus 🥰
Good experience
Good experience, open to ideas and wide variety of activities performed whilst in the role of Materials Engineer within the Materials Laboratory, Yeovil.
Best place I worked
Very professional company. Excellent comms between management and workers, slightly short staffed in areas. Like any big company it is often tough to get things done quickly. Salary was not as good as you might expect, but tooling, equipment, hours, flexibility were spot on.
Pros
Hours, tools, great management backup, great comms, nice place to work
Cons
Wages quite low, slow moving response times, work quantity was up and down.
Great people to work for.
I am enjoying my time at Leonardo Helicopters, They are a very friendly and helpful firm to work for. They supplied all the necessary tooling and PPE for the role that I am carrying out.

They seem to have a very good culture of respect for all levels of employee.
Pros
Great working enviroment and very interesting work.
Cons
None really
Leonardo
A great engineering company over burdened with non-engineering activities.

The company struggles to acknowledge good performances of individuals and isn't transparent in career progression.

To be located in Edinburgh is a great asset to the business but the company uses this to its full advantage.
Cons
A once great but now dying company
Very little management, virtually no training, everyone is very negative about the company and its prospects.
The technology being used is from the 90's (literally), yellowed desk phones, computers from the early 2000's, IT systems that are very old and often crash.

Working on paper in meetings is standard practice as there is no wi-fi and very few employees have laptops or work mobiles (only some managers). There is no facility to skype from one's desk, only basic email.

Most departments are lacking in core skills (and people) as the majority of staff are nearing retirement and too few younger people have been recruited and trained to replace them.

There is very little (really no) innovation, research, or real development.

Career progression is very very slow (6-10 years between salary bands is doing very well (and the jump will be less than £4000pa).
Pros
Good canteen, flexi time, unlimited overtime (1:1) for engineers.
Cons
Too many to list, see description below.
Roligt arbetsmiljön
Trevligt att jobba med bra arbetskamaraterma. bra
No Comment
Left company under a cloud. Think the technical term is "personality conflict" (from their perspective not mine). Wasn't comfortable there and towards the end, felt my face certainly didn't fit...first time ever, as I have always got on really well with the people I have worked with in the past, wherever I've been. Was off for a couple of months with depression because of it, and while they 'ticked the boxes' when it came to procedures I felt I was being targeted and would not recommend the company to anyone because of this (personal view).