Leonard Cheshire

Leonard Cheshire Employee Reviews in Wolverhampton

Wolverhampton11 reviews
A busy atmosphere in the office, hands on approach.
I have gained a lot whilst working at Leonard Cheshire Disability as a Recruitment Administrator and worked myself up to Team Leader.

Happy to help the team and support when needed to get the job done on time and accurately.
Cons
Wages are not enough for the work that is being done
Working for Leonard Cheshire is pleasure.
The work is productive. Its a fun place to work.

Everyday isn't the same.

Dealing with the services on a daily basis.
Nice place to work with friendly staff and managers. Very supportive and good culture.

The application process was very easy and efficient too.

Very happy.
Pros
Good wages and positive culture
Friendly environment and staff with clean rooms and organised job roles. Everybody is allocated a specific position and they work in collaboration to thrive and flourish an essential governmental organisation which helps with elderly and vulnerable. There is a notebook at the front desk in front of reception which is there for any visitor and volunteer to sign and that is a good method of telling that "I worked from 12:00 pm -15:00 on Wednesdays." I love it when people there smile at you for when you arrive and when you ask for something. There are lots of colourful hanging papers on the will which could energised a healthy person who passes by, let alone the residents. The carers wear uniforms and gardeners could not interfere while they are carrying out their role and it is a boon!
Pros
Quiet and beautiful place with Stourbridge nearby.
Cons
There is a bad 256 bus passing without a satisfactory time table in the bus stand.
No teamwork as a whole. Manager not aware of day to day running. Team leaders to bossy and reluctant to help nursing staff. Small groups stick together including management. Communication for care is terrible. Poor choice of menu. Care is rushed revolves around meal times and staff breaks. All in all needs a new outlook on day to day running.
Pros
Cons
See above
Great place to work, friendly people who love what they do.
Great to know that what we do has a direct impact on the lives of disabled people.
a typical day at work consisted of assisting service users with personal care and getting them ready for their day. support workers work alongside Nurses.
Pros
Working one to one with vulnerable adults
Cons
over worked under paid
I worked for the Charity, on what should have been a temporary 3 month contract. I lasted 3 weeks. I went into a situation of great change, when some long standing members of Staff had lost their jobs, and there was great uncertainty about the place.

I should have realised things were bad, when my Manager walked out after resigning. I was then managed by someone who had only been there 2 weeks herself - and did her best to let me know she was in charge. 50 years of age, and being dealt with like I was a school child.

As a disabled person, I was criticised for the amount of time it took me to go to the toilet, which involved climbing down two flights of stairs, because I wasn't allowed to use the Disabled Loo on that floor - that was for visitors only. But when I did use it, there was no loo paper, soap, or washing facilities. It was also used as a storeroom......and this was the UK Headquarters for someone who claim to be a disabled charity?????
Pros
location easy to get to
Cons
Bullying tactics
Having been with the company for 10 years I have had the opportunity to work in several departments all of wich have a high volume of work and are very busy. despite this the staff maintain a friendly atmospher and I will stay in contact with some of them
Pros
get upto 5 extra holidays (1 per complete year of working)
Cons
there has not been an actual payrise in the last 3 years
A typical day at work within LCD is to promote personal independence ,assisting at meal times, Personal care , and making clients smile.

I learnt relevant tranining Moving and handling, First Aid at work, PCP, DOLS and more.
Pros
Flexable
Cons
paying for meals
I enjoy my work even though it is quite hard and demanding at times.I get a lot of job satisfaction from my work .I get on well with the management and my co workers and the most enjoyable part of my job is that i can make the service users laugh,life is not all work.
Pros
A free lunch is sometimes provided
Cons
I sometimes have to work extra shifts