Leonard Cheshire

Leonard Cheshire Employee Reviews in Trowbridge

Trowbridge7 reviews
This was a very demanding role given the problems the care sector was facing nationally. I was solely responsible for building a pipeline of carers to join us over 10 months.
Pros
Freedom to plan and deliver recruitment campaigns
Cons
Impossible targets given the crisis in that sector
loved the customers, not the company, communication was awful, poor rotaing, not got many good things to say regarding the company, poor working hours
I loved the ethics behind Leonard Cheshire that it was a charity. There was history behind the company and I liked the idea of that. Leonard Cheshire prided them self on making opportunities for disabled people from inside the home, outside the home all sorts of activity centres.

I enjoyed working for the company until I was tuped over to a new contract within an existing contract.
Pros
Flexible working
Cons
Bad management
This company does not know how to treat it's staff.
I saw work place bullying on a regular basis.

Staff were completely turned against each other.

There are some serious breeches of confidentiality in the office.

When I complained nothing was done. Would never recommend this company to anyone.

It was a shame as I felt the name Leonard Cheshire would mean more.

I honestly believe that I was the only person working there who knew why he got his Vc.
Pros
Cons
constant battle
Long and tiring day
Didnt learn alot

No support from management

Co workers good

Hours

Clients
Cons
Very long hours and weekends
Leonard Cheshire Disability Trowbridge area, management role, very long hours and little or no time off work due to under staffing and no recruitment, a very low pay for the amount of work that is expected of you, little or no support from a family run company.Lack of support and training given to all staff, working most nights and weekends as unwanted overtime, constant pressure to do more and more work with no concern for the safety and health of the staff.
Pros
Cons
terrible place to work
I enjoyed working for Leonard Cheshire, as i loved meeting new people, a typical day would have been driving to the peoples houses and doing their housework while chatting to them, maybe taking them shopping or out for the day if that's what they wanted. If ever i didn't understand anything, the management were very easy to talk to, didn't feel intimidated, the most enjoyable part of the job was just chatting to them and listening to them, also having a cuppa with them every now and again!!!, the hardest part would have to be when you have built up a good friendship with them and they pass away.
Pros
meeting new people