Leonard Cheshire

Leonard Cheshire Employee Reviews in Sheffield

Sheffield7 reviews
I'll admit, working at Leonard Cheshire was rough. Around the time that I arrived, we had a massive crisis in our upper management, which was barely resolved by the time I left, and we were frequently understaffed, but it definitely taught me a lot about the power of working well with others and raw graft.
Pros
lunch included
Cons
the hours were horrific.
For this job I cared for people in their own homes and tended to personal hygiene, shopping trips and finances where needed. I provided an excellent working relationship with all my clients and staff members.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Very long stressful hour's. Short staffed nearly every day. A manager who was sacked for claiming for overtime and expenses she wasn't entitled to! Low staff morale.Team leaders who were bullies. Poor regional manager. Very demanding residents. All in all not a nice place to work.
Pros
Leaving the company
Cons
Long hours etc.....
While working for Leonard Cheshire, I always felt we were treated as one big family. We used to help the residents feel as normal and have as normal life as possible.

I learnt the values to life while working at Leonard Cheshire, I completed my NVQ level 2&3 in health and social care and the support was next to none.

The support from the management team was amazing at all times.

The hardest part of my job was seeing the residents struggling with everyday life, that we say take for granted
great company they work hard to work and improve the wellbeing of the elderly with disabilities and make sure they are given the support and care needed to keep them healthy and happy.
My role as a support worker at Leonard Cheshire Disability was very rewarding. I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company as it encouraged me to work in this sector once I am qualified. Staff were very supportive and I enjoyed working part of a team.
The hardest part of the job was working with service users who had no family or family that did not visit the service user. On many occasion I spent longer time that expected to keep them company.

The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I had helped that person whether it would be undertaking a small task, or assisting with personal hygiene.
Pros
Rewarding, great team to work with.
Cons
Salary
I have been working as voluntary Physiotherapist for elderly people, where I gained experience of using hoist, slide sheet, transferring client from wheelchair to bed and vice versa. Meanwhile I am also trained for manual handling, infection control policy, maintaining safety at work, Confidentiality, equality and diversity and patient centred care. Being Physiotherapist, I worked in multidisciplinary team of carer, social worker, registered nurse, palliative nurse and family member of patient. I have through knowledge of mental health act, mental capacity act and safe guarding vulnerable adult. I have also dealt with other non-client activities like documentation, administration work, arranging appointments with doctor for clients, communication (Telephone, e-mail, fax), making routine planner for patient.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Voluntary