Leonard Cheshire

Leonard Cheshire Employee Reviews in Ampthill

Ampthill5 reviews
At work I would get along with the members of staff, I would have chats with them and the residents, I learned how to keep areas of the kitchen clean and know what certain equipment to use. Management in the workplace is very good they are also understanding, the hardest part of the job would be to space out your timing on the job to fit everything in. The most enjoyable part of my job would be that I get along with everyone and I have a stress free job that doesn’t require a lot of hard work.
The work is extremely physically and mentally demanding so be prepared to be shattered after every shift with no praise! Although a few staff are supportive, the rest are back stabbers. I guarantee you'll hear gossiping and you'll experience spontaneous arguments in inappropriate circumstances.

Management is terrible. Regardless of your job role, there will always be someone who believes they have the authority to tell you what to do (even if they are in the same role as you). It's a competition to get the most work done, and the most quickly. The service users aren't prioritised as they should be, as unfortunately so many staff don't realise they have a duty of care. Manager hasn't stepped in and sorted this.

Communication is poor; messages aren't passed on beyond one person. Emails aren't replied to, and calls rarely answered. Nurses aren't clued in to what the support workers know and there is a lack of good flow in handovers.

The 10 minute paid break is not enough, especially because I never really got it. This would leave just the 30 minute unpaid lunch break. Pay is generally good, but for the amount of strenuous work including other duties unrelated to the support worker role and a great deal of personal care, I'd expect at least £11 per hour.

Staff are shamed for absences. I've personally experienced harassment via text from one of my colleagues regarding this. Regardless of circumstance, even if perfectly legitimate, staff are expected to bend over backwards and abandon what commitments or illnesses they may have.

Manual handling training lasted about
 - more...
Management is poor, staff aren’t treated how they should be - although new manager seems nice. Staff aren’t praised for their hard work, poor communication and lack of organisation. Staff are scared to call in sick because of the lack of confidentiality - endless gossip all around the home.
Residents are nice, as well as some staff. Pay is good but for the work done I’d expect more.
Management do not care for their staff, regardless weather your going through depression, cancer, anxiety.. as long as your breathing they expect you to be there. The staff morale is awful, management do nothing to boost that.
i did enjoy working here. however i found some of the people quite catty. but i am looking forward to finding more work. but i dont think i want to do care work again
Pros
close to home
Cons
was lots of catty people there
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Leonard Cheshire?